Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Eric Bailly 6 million. That was as expected.

I expected 5.5
    Can't see any united defender being affordable now
    Valencia will be at least 6.5 now and that's mental
    He doesn't take set pieces etc
    Alonso could be 7.5 at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    I expected 5.5
    Can't see any united defender being affordable now
    Valencia will be at least 6.5 now and that's mental
    He doesn't take set pieces etc
    Alonso could be 7.5 at this rate

The massive clean sheet potential of United with Mourinho in charge means high prices for the starters. I think Valencia and Lindelof will both be 6m as well.

The massive clean sheet potential of United with Mourinho in charge means high prices for the starters. I think Valencia and Lindelof will both be 6m as well.

I'll have Valencia for 6 but he won't be 6
    Bailly offers zero attacking threat but the same clean sheet potential so they should not be the same price
    6.5 for Valencia
    All Spurs defenders are likely to be around that now too
    I'll be shopping in the defensive bargain basement I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm hoping might be able to get a bit of a bargain with Trippier if Walker is still at Spurs when game starts. Might go in at 5.5 or something if we're lucky, and could end up as a starting Spurs defender

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Lindelof 5.5 I'd be tempted by. He can get on the end of a few set pieces. Trippier same thing if he's 5.5 too. All depends on Walker though.

If Chelsea stick with their formation a wing back might have to be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

New chip is good. I think because you can't use it in conjunction with BB or TC it's perfect for a skinny GW or small double. Good players will still keep the 2nd WC + BB/TC for the big DGWs at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Pretty useful predicted line up website. They state that they will constantly update as pre-season friendlies take place, could be useful for finding a few bargain bucket enablers.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Pretty useful predicted line up website. They state that they will constantly update as pre-season friendlies take place, could be useful for finding a few bargain bucket enablers.

If azpi could nail down that RWB slot he would be a great option at a cheaper price to Alonso no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ScummyMan wrote:
    They state that they will constantly update as pre-season friendlies take place, could be useful for finding a few bargain bucket enablers.

Another score for the casuals. High 5s all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Is it just me or do player prices seem to all be pretty high this year!! Gonna be challenging to put together a squad but fun nonetheless. Can they just release it already

• Advertisement

Coutinho 9ml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

Is it just me or do player prices seem to all be pretty high this year!! Gonna be challenging to put together a squad but fun nonetheless. Can they just release it already

It's looking very tough. I'd be circa 1.5 -2.0 million short of last years starting side (or a comparative starting side) if the current trend in pricing holds firm.

There were some suggestions that Defense would offer better value but that doesn't seem to be the case now (Heaton 5.0, Bailly 6.0)

It looks like it will force many to reconsider the tried and tested 3-4-3 formation as we won't be able to afford a good enough front 7 to make it worthwhile.

I know people give out every year about pricing but I thought the last 2 years was quite good. You were able to get great value with Spurs and Liverpool at the start of last season.

Coutinho 9ml

That's decent. I was fearful of a 9.5 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,493 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Think I'll use the free hit chip in GW1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

KevIRL wrote: »

Makes sence to save your wildcard for week 2 then

KevIRL wrote: »

Then activate that wildcard straight after. Yeah makes sense.

Everton now linked with benteke as well as siggy.......2 of my FF favs
    Hope they dont sign until after a few of their stink fixtures are over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

There's been a lot of complaints about players being over-priced this year, but I don't see it. Bar Lacazette, all prices I've seen so far look to be about what I'd expect. Most of those announced so far are high scorers last year, so naturally they will be dearer this year. A fuller picture will emerge once the game opens, but same as any other year from what I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That's decent. I was fearful of a 9.5 to be honest.

9mil is fair. Though rumours of Cout playing a deeper midfield role this season

We will have lukaku or Kane's price within the next hour id say
    Forward poll active

• Advertisement

Wayne Rooney confirmed as a forward then as he is included on the forward poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Jesus 10.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jesus 10.5

Errr. Jesus!!

Kane and Sanchez will be 14 ml at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 35,979 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That's not bad for Jesus tbh. Expected that. He's a Pep favourite.

FHFC wrote: »
    Jesus 10.5

Errr. Jesus!!

Christ Almighty

I have a funny feeling we're going to get a £105m budget

I'm telling ye
    Imo a lot of players have been overpriced by .5 ml
    I'm going for a budget of 105 to be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm telling ye
    Imo a lot of players have been overpriced by .5 ml
    I'm going for a budget of 105 to be announced

The budget of 100m won't change.

That would be daft.

Plus they've already referred to it in one of the articles about the draft league I think.

Jesus a little steep for me but I don't quite buy him being ahead of Aguero entirely. The rest of the prices are as expected with Alli, Sane and Coutinho very reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Can you pick your team now, or when is it open to do so?

Advertisement