Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Importing a Vintage Van

• 06-07-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I am importing a vintage Van from France to Ireland. It is currently not running and needs a fair bit of work to get it in working order. Does anyone know what i need to do with regards registering it in Ireland? Any advice would be super! Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Afaik, the major stumbling block as regards registering it is that it needs to be running / driving for the VRT Inspection.

I believe - open to correction - that once it can drive off and onto a car transporter trailer that will suffice.

Other than that normal 'rules' apply ...i.e. ferry ticket as proof of recent importation, receipt from seller, registration cert, proof of id, proof of address, pps number details.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conamara

Thanks for the reply Silvera. Yeah that is my worry, it will not start (yet)!! Needs a new engine and i do not plan on doing any work for a few months. I will have all the paperwork etc in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

i don;t know that it even needs to be driving, just needs to be complete and viable (my words). I don't think you'd need take it off the transporter dfor VRT purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RR3.5

Last car I registrated I did not have to start it, never mind take it off the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

All the better! My information was based on other posters here saying that a vehicle had to be roadworthy (or at least driving) in order to VRT it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Wait 'till it's roadworthy, they'll be no penalty to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HR recovery

just interested what kind of van is it

Advertisement