Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castlevania: Vengeance [Netflix]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is on Netflix now (4 episodes).

It has already been renewed for a second season.

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-castlevania-animated-series-getting-second-season-on-netflix/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

there goes the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is seriously good. Only two episodes in but the voice acting is up there with anything I've seen in animation, Trevor Belmont especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Slydice wrote: »
    there goes the weekend :)
    It takes you a weekend to watch less than 2 hours of content?

It takes you a weekend to watch less than 2 hours of content?

All you watch in a weekend is one tv show?

• Advertisement

Finished! Yeah it's short enough.

At 4 short episodes it can't do much but it gets across a bit of the back story and setting. It develops the main plot a little.

Production quality is high. I think the humour style might be one that not everyone will get but I did grin a few times :)

I felt like storywise.. I've probably seen many similar things done before but again.. 4 episodes to set up for later is probably where that's coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Slydice wrote: »
    All you watch in a weekend is one tv show?
    Most people would use the phrase "there goes the weekend" when talking about OITNB or DareDevil for example, 13 hour long seasons which would take up most of one's weekend. Not a 2 hour cartoon. Just sounded odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nice little taster , Can't wait to see more of it the next season is going to be 8 episodes apparently , Love how violent it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Nice little taster , Can't wait to see more of it the next season is going to be 8 episodes apparently , Love how violent it is :)

Just waiting for complaints that there's no trigger warnings,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Watched the first two episodes and enjoying it so far. Looks amazing and some really cool ideas. Has anyone else struggled with some of the dialogue though? Some bits are muffled / too quiet to me.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Aaaaand finished. Definitely a setup introduction season, but looks very cool, great action sequences, and some interesting ideas. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.....next season.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Finished it there. Short but satisfying. Its a nice taster / Intro for a real season, rather than a season itself. Hopefully it will be popular enough to warrant more future episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,370 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Watched the first two episodes and enjoying it so far. Looks amazing and some really cool ideas. Has anyone else struggled with some of the dialogue though? Some bits are muffled / too quiet to me.

Yeah there were definitely a few points where Trevor said something and it was too muffled to hear. The voice acting is really great apart from that though.

The animation quality goes from pretty decent to a bit rushed at some points. It also suffers from that odd colour dynamic range we're seeing in a lot of modern animation where everything just looks washed out. Colours could do with more punch.

Looking forward to the second season.

Season 2 trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Season 2 has aired!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Want to rewatch the first 4 before these 8 since can't remember much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Want to rewatch the first 4 before these 8 since can't remember much

Please, this isn't a bar fight. Have some class. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Enjoyed this. Thought Graham McTavish did a phenomenal job as Dracula. By and large very well voiced. Peter Stormare is always good craic.

I'd imagine the cast is relatively expensive, given they're all pretty well known actors, except maybe Sypha, but on the other hand it's only a short series. Dunno what that means for the series going forward.

This longer run certainly fulfilled the promise of the pilot series, so I'd imagine if viewing figures were good enough for the pilot to make a season two, then they should be good enough for this to make a season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Gbear wrote: »
    This longer run certainly fulfilled the promise of the pilot series, so I'd imagine if viewing figures were good enough for the pilot to make a season two, then they should be good enough for this to make a season 3.

Castlevania renewed for a third season with ten episodes ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Just bumping this as the third season is now available on Netflix. :D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Relikk wrote: »
    Just bumping this as the third season is now available on Netflix. :D

The third season is exceptionally brilliant.

This is one of the best shows ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

In terms of casting I'm putting Bill Nighy's Saint Germain up there with Rickman's Snape. A perfect fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The third season is exceptionally brilliant.

This is one of the best shows ever made

Agree, this show has gone from a brilliant initial set of episodes, to a slightly weaker season 2 but season 3 is fantastic.

I'm really really impressed with how interesting each plot arc is and usually I'd find one dull but I really enjoyed all of them.

So this show has gone a bit mental, in a good way.

The craziness factor seemed to double episode to episode.

If I had any criticism of the season it's that it feels a bit half-finished. There didn't really seem to be any arc of note for the main characters. It's possibly established the beginnings of one for each of them though, so maybe next year we'll see the pay off for what was set up.

Again, the production was fantastic, the voice cast is stellar, the aesthetic is generally gorgeous... it makes me fantasise about how it could bring so many fantasy or sci fi IPs to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I loved this season. Took a Bloodborne turn this season with the Lovecraftian monster

I loved this season. Took a Bloodborne turn this season with the Lovecraftian monster

I loved his sort of black hole attack thing.

I'm not entirely sure where the "fallen angel" aesthetic comes from, and the sort of classical/ ancient era, men with a foot for a face sort of thing comes from with that giant Lion archer thingy, but they all looked fantastic.

I presume some of them are from the games, but trace their origins back to artwork like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Just watched this - wow!

Like - WOW - brilliant from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement

It's back
    :D:D:D

Advertisement