Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So long folks

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

greenspurs wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble logging into IrishSpurs ?????
    I joined it a week ago and still haven't got an e-mail to activate my membership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 memphiz

good that the moderators have banned this forum,

they should ban more forums in my honest opinion,

they could also ban everybody from posting, hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

So Mods get complained about(and rightfully so) because of their trolling behaviour.
    Mods explain to higher admins that we're just butt hurt because we have our own exclusive community.
    Solution: move them to main forum.

Honestly you can see a high proportion of people here have no intention of going near the soccer forum. Mostly because they've been burned from visiting before.
    Here we had a cooperative and friendly community.

Mods trolling have ruined this site. Particularly Chelsea supporters.

Thanks all yids over the years its been nice knowing ye.

RIP Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭slegs

tippspur wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble logging into IrishSpurs ?????
    I joined it a week ago and still haven't got an e-mail to activate my membership.
    Check your spam folder or else pm me your iD and I will check if your email was entered correctly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

slegs wrote: »
    Check your spam folder or else pm me your iD and I will check if your email was entered correctly
    I signed up as Greenspurs, and i was able to post on there,
    but when i went back yesterday i couldnt log in..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

tippspur wrote: »

I had to do it twice, and they turned up in my spam folder.

Kiith wrote: »
    I had to do it twice, and they turned up in my spam folder.

When i try to log in ..

"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below"

and thats from following the link i recieved via email ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

When i try to log in ..

"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below"

and thats from following the link i recieved via email ??

Pm slegs, he's the admin can change email or reset your password

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Patww79 wrote: »
    Got it sorted,my own error as usual,:(

• Advertisement

Even the Spurs thread about being shutdown is more entertaining and less hassle than most of the rest on boards !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,712 ✭✭✭abff

I have had no response to my pm to Beasty. Not even an acknowledgment.

Why did he invite us to contact him by pm in his original post? My pm was not abusive - it just expressed surprise and disappointment at the decision, asked for an explanation of why it was happening and requested that they reconsider.

Shows total lack of respect for the community in my opinion.

I'm getting the following message when I try to log into the new Irish Spurs forum.

General Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Duplicate entry 'notification.type.postlove' for key 'type' [1062]

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

abff wrote: »
    I have had no response to my pm to Beasty. Not even an acknowledgment.
    You will get a response - everyone else who has PM'd me about this has already had one. However I've been busy both in real life and elsewhere on this site since you sent that a couple of days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lousy carry-on but par for the course nowadays. It's starting to look like there's a conscious and determined effort to run boards into the ground.

Lousy carry-on but par for the course nowadays. It's starting to look like there's a conscious and determined effort to run boards into the ground.

But weirdly enough, by those that are supposed to keep it running smoothly... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Just learned of this as I don't normally visit during the summer. Haven't read the whole thread but doesn't it just boil down to GavRedKing and Zaph getting their revenge? Had to laugh at the whole "undertaken a review" crap. Also getting us into the main forum will just make it easier to further "moderate" us.

This decision saddens me greatly so I can only imagine how therecklessone feels. Personally I thought it was nice to have a corner of boards (once a hugely popular site) just for Irish Spurs fans. God knows it hasn't been easy to be a Spurs supporter in this country (I was at school in the nineties you know!!!) and it seems just when Spurs are getting their act together the axe is falling on this sub forum. Brings a tear to my eye.

I blame Sissoko.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

VanZan wrote: »
    Just learned of this as I don't normally visit during the summer. Haven't read the whole thread but doesn't it just boil down to GavRedKing and Zaph getting their revenge? Had to laugh at the whole "undertaken a review" crap. Also getting us into the main forum will just make it easier to further "moderate" us.

This decision saddens me greatly so I can only imagine how therecklessone feels. Personally I thought it was nice to have a corner of boards (once a hugely popular site) just for Irish Spurs fans. God knows it hasn't been easy to be a Spurs supporter in this country (I was at school in the nineties you know!!!) and it seems just when Spurs are getting their act together the axe is falling on this sub forum. Brings a tear to my eye.

I blame Sissoko.

It's not dead yet! I know the 3 mods mentioned above probably hope this thread will die a death and they can kill it fully in a week or two but I'm hopeful that an independent mod review will make the right decision and leave us continue our forum within boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 memphiz

this website is run by a shower of sycophants,

let them run it into the ground,

sad little dictators

gl spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I blame Sissoko.

Oddly enough the above highlighted has a Chelsea thread in the new spurs forum, Baffling? :o

Feedback thread is here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057758506

EDIT Tried to post in the feedback link above but it is not allowed

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

In fairness to Beasty, he has now responded in detail to my pm. Nothing new to report, but he did explain the reasoning behind the decision.

I guess the key issue is that he is looking at things from a macro level, while we are trying to protect our little patch that we have enjoyed so much. I still don't agree with the decision, but I don't think we can place all the blame on Beasty and I certainly don't think that it is due to a vendetta against Spurs fans by certain individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

abff wrote: »
    In fairness to Beasty, he has now responded in detail to my pm. Nothing new to report, but he did explain the reasoning behind the decision.

I guess the key issue is that he is looking at things from a macro level, while we are trying to protect our little patch that we have enjoyed so much. I still don't agree with the decision, but I don't think we can place all the blame on Beasty and I certainly don't think that it is due to a vendetta against Spurs fans by certain individuals.

Sorry don't buy it Gav Beasty and Zaph should have nothing to do with the decision making process in shutting down the Spurs forum, there is clearly a conflict of interest having any of those 3 involved. I am not going to repeat myself but FA cup semi final thread was probably what pushed the boys over the edge! The abuse of Senior mod power on that thread by site banning individuals was a sign of what they are trying to do now!
    A lot of us have raised posts about this shutdown in the feedback forums and only one post has been published!
    Boards management needs to respond to our questions now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Haha what a joke. Not even a Spurs fan but come on here for a look because you tend to get people above school age and can have a discussion which does not have to involve Liverpool or Man Utd. Boards doesn't have long left it seems with clowns running it. At least there is a Gearbest forum though

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm glad that I'm in all of your thoughts about this and my apparent part in getting this forum closed but I dont have the power to shut it, nor have I chased for it to be closed so the consistent beating of that drum is pointless but if it makes ye rest easy, I'll play the panto villian. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm glad that I'm in all of your thoughts about this and my apparent part in getting this forum closed but I dont have the power to shut it, nor have I chased for it to be closed so the consistent beating of that drum is pointless but if it makes ye rest easy, I'll play the panto villian. :pac:

:rolleyes:

You are supposedly a Chelsea fan, why do come onto the Spurs section to wind people up.

The forum is closing and you are still making snide comments.

Panto character is right, say hello to the ugly sisters for us :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

You are supposedly a Chelsea fan, why do come onto the Spurs section to wind people up.

The forum is closing and you are still making snide comments.

Panto character is right, say hello to the ugly sisters for us

Below is why I'm here.

I blame Sissoko.
    It's not dead yet! I know the 3 mods mentioned above probably hope this thread will die a death and they can kill it fully in a week or two but I'm hopeful that an independent mod review will make the right decision and leave us continue our forum within boards.ie
    Sorry don't buy it Gav Beasty and Zaph should have nothing to do with the decision making process in shutting down the Spurs forum, there is clearly a conflict of interest having any of those 3 involved. I am not going to repeat myself but FA cup semi final thread was probably what pushed the boys over the edge! The abuse of Senior mod power on that thread by site banning individuals was a sign of what they are trying to do now!
    A lot of us have raised posts about this shutdown in the feedback forums and only one post has been published!
    Boards management needs to respond to our questions now!

I could highlight more posts but you get the gist of it.

I could spell it out clearly with large, bolded font but I'm not able, nor have I tried to close the forum but it doesnt suit the narrative.

I also didnt setup an account on your new forum, I seen it and chuckled though. if I was going to follow ye around the internet I wouldnt be silly enough to use a Boards name, so someone is trolling ye over there via my name.

I'd suggest to whoever the Admin over there is to ban/delete that account because its not mine and I dont have time to be trolling fans on another forum, I've only just enough time to use Boards as it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mods don't decide to shutdown forums lads, so you're way off if you think Gav has had anything to do with this. Have he and a few others occasionally come in to bust our chops/troll/have a discussion? Probably...but god damn if we can't handle a few posts at our expense then we may as well get off the internet all together.

Anyway, it's done and won't be changed, so off to either the new forum or the soccer thread. Both for me, so back to the serious business of winning the league.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll clear up a few points

Firstly Gav was not party to the decision to close this forum. The decision was taken at Admin and Office level

I realise it was relayed abruptly and I apologise for that. When I was made Admin one of the first points I made was if the forum was to be closed it should be done in the close season as I thought it would be much more disruptive to do this in the middle of the season. Equally I was conscious of the impending annual Soccer forum feedback thread and was concerned that if an announcement was made after that had started there was a danger this whole topic would be raised there (as has happened numerous times in the past). I had a particular concern that any announcement could raise the temperature in that feedback thread potentially resulting in additional resentment between regulars here and fans of other clubs. I therefore asked the Soccer mods to delay starting their feedback thread until we had announced the closure of this forum.

I would just add that the amount of posting here is far less than for equivalent clubs in the main Soccer forum - having 3 different places to discuss football makes little sense. Having 2 of them hidden away in Hosted makes even less sense with anyone new to the site probably being unaware of the hosted forums.

Finally, as LoLth posted earlier today in the Feedback thread we are proposing to hold an Open Feedback discussion on the wider plans on the hosted forums. I am therefore closing this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement