Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Off the drink this week and back to swimming a couple of times. Definitely need to ramp it up. I was doing so well and then just stopped. I am always in two minds about swimming - it is a great work out but it leaves me hungry!

I'm vegetarian and am beginning the (slow) transition to vegan. Does anyone know what the deal is with non dairy milks? I prefer soya milk as a base for curries as it is creamy without the fat of coconut, but for porridge, almond milk is much better. Do I just look on these as being the same as a milk allowance? I know they are healthier than dairy but I felt a bit fraudulent this morning with my almond milk, going "oh this is just my milk allowance" - I mean it's made from nuts! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm vegetarian and am beginning the (slow) transition to vegan. Does anyone know what the deal is with non dairy milks? I prefer soya milk as a base for curries as it is creamy without the fat of coconut, but for porridge, almond milk is much better. Do I just look on these as being the same as a milk allowance? I know they are healthier than dairy but I felt a bit fraudulent this morning with my almond milk, going "oh this is just my milk allowance" - I mean it's made from nuts! :P

Last night at group, the consultant said that the unsweetened almond milk is 1ltr for your HEXA or the sweetened is 0.5ltr for your HEXA. I'm not sure about the rest, sorry! This just happened to come up last night.

Areas wrote: »
    Last night at group, the consultant said that the unsweetened almond milk is 1ltr for your HEXA or the sweetened is 0.5ltr for your HEXA. I'm not sure about the rest, sorry! This just happened to come up last night.

Brill thank you! I would only have about a half maximum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

If you ask your consultant they will give you the vegan list of HexA. There's a special list with advice for vegans which I would share only I've lost it lol. Unfortunately none of the vegan yoghurts or cheeses are hexA. Also none of the hifi bars are vegan but some of the Alpen bars are if you like them as your hexB. If you search on the slimming world website there are plenty of vegan (or easy to substitute) recipes. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Annani

2.5 pounds down this week.

I'm so delighted.

Just went to Tesco and loaded up on lots of fruit and veg.

Going to have an omelette with lots of speed for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Down 1lb this week which I'm happy with as weekend was not totally on plan aka vodka and Prosecco! Also got slimmer of the month again in my group, 22.5lbs gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seriously?!

Does anyone know the syn value for Ballymaloe Beetroot please??

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Is it best to drink water on the day of weigh in in the evening or limit it, I never know, had a two day wedding this week and was only a half pound from my goal last week my scales isnt looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

banoffe2 wrote: »
    Is it best to drink water on the day of weigh in in the evening or limit it, I never know, had a two day wedding this week and was only a half pound from my goal last week my scales isnt looking good!

Personally I stop drinking water or any liquids about 3 hrs before weigh in, I remember reading how much a litre of water can weigh on the scales (can't remember now) but it's a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

banoffe2 wrote: »

I actually stopped weighing in the evenings after I was up 2lbs from drinking too much water in work that afternoon.. I actually pee'd it out during group running to the loo and weighed again at the end - poooof! 2lbs gone...after that I was watching what I was drinking and always thirsty as a result so decided to go with morning groups when I can make it (target member so don't need to go every week). When I look back this is why I was always up and down from one week to the next!
    m'lady wrote: »
    I remember reading how much a litre of water can weigh on the scales (can't remember now) but it's a bit!
    1lb a litre in my case! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Many thanks for that, very interesting how the water can make a huge difference on the scales.

tk123 wrote: »
    I actually stopped weighing in the evenings after I was up 2lbs from drinking too much water in work that afternoon.. I actually pee'd it out during group running to the loo and weighed again at the end - poooof! 2lbs gone...after that I was watching what I was drinking and always thirsty as a result so decided to go with morning groups when I can make it (target member so don't need to go every week). When I look back this is why I was always up and down from one week to the next!

1lb a litre in my case! :pac:

Wow! 2lbs? That just shows how careful you have to be! I generally weigh in around 4, so I stop drinking at about 1pm. I'm trying to guzzle as much water as possible this week as when I do I lose a good bit. I want to get to my lower end of my target before I go on holidays!

Does anyone know the syn value for Ballymaloe Beetroot please??

Is it just normal beetroot? It's not listed on the app, have you tried putting the nutritional info in the calculator?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seriously?!

m'lady wrote: »
    Is it just normal beetroot? It's not listed on the app, have you tried putting the nutritional info in the calculator?

This is probably a ridiculously stupid question but do I use the net weight or the drained weight?

This is probably a ridiculously stupid question but do I use the net weight or the drained weight?

I would think the drained weight, but not sure. Is is just normal beetroot? If it is then it's not only free but speed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

First week -3.5lb
    Found it easy to stick to. Had a little trouble allowing myself to use the syns, I'm getting more comfortable now. Also, after years of guilting myself after a bowl of pasta it is nice to dig in without feeling bad after :)

Facing into the weekend and I am sure I am not alone in worrying about weakening resolve! Any pointers? My offering: a super sized breakfast on Saturday keeps me from snacking until early evening. A bowl of porridge made with almond milk and a sprinkling of milled linseed, half a melon, a nice crunchy apple and a giant mug of coffee. Or, 3 eggs scrambled with frylite, a chopped shallot and a little bit of grated low fat cheddar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

With the healthy extra A, I was using the almond milk but there was no way in hell I could get through a litre a day. I switched back to skim milk where I would use my full allowance or to cheese on the days I'm not having cereal and am interested to see if I will lose more this week.. does anyone find that if you don't use enough it effects your weight loss?
    I was -1lb this week which I was delighted with because I had a terrible weekend, only 0.5 to go to my stone and a half and I'm determined to get it next Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

I've noticed Tesco don't do hartleys sugar free jelly anymore, any one if Dunnes do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

SuperValu do

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Hey guys! Long time browser here! Basically I resched my target two weeks ago (its a great feeling!)... but i havent been given any guidance for maintaining. I think there is a book for target members - is this the case does anyone know? I did also think that at target you got a second healthy extra B each day - is this correct? Thanks!

Hey guys! Long time browser here! Basically I resched my target two weeks ago (its a great feeling!)... but i havent been given any guidance for maintaining. I think there is a book for target members - is this the case does anyone know? I did also think that at target you got a second healthy extra B each day - is this correct? Thanks!

Hey Waterfordgirl - congrats at getting to target, and you are right it's a great feeling!

You are entitled to the 'Slim for Life' booklet now that you are at target, but you may need to ask your consultant.

Also take a look at the 'Choose Success' book that came with your introductory pack, on page 31 it explain briefly about when you reach target.

Trying to maintain can be trial and error, but you will get there. Yes, you add another HEXB every day for the first week, then weigh in- if you gain drop the extra b to every 3rd day and if you lose increase to another one daily and see how you get on.

There is a very good target members Facebook page that offers great advice, if you want the name just send me a pm... good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

soc wrote: »
    SuperValu do

Thanks ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

dcfc91 wrote:
    I've noticed Tesco don't do hartleys sugar free jelly anymore, any one if Dunnes do?

Yep I get it in Dunnes, strawberry, raspberry, orange and black current

Down 7lb! That is a total loss so far of 1.5 stone. Halfway to my goal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Down 7lb! That is a total loss so far of 1.5 stone. Halfway to my goal :)

That is a huge loss! Did you do anything in particular this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Weighin this evening and I'm dreading it. I missed last week as I was away (forgot to book the holiday, typical!) and a lot of off plan eating has happened since I last went to group. I was away last weekend (spa hotel) so we basically lazed around a lot and then ate in the hotel the whole time. Then once home, I found it hard to get back on track during the week. Then I was home for a day and then off the the UK for a 2 day business trip - more off plan eating and some very bad snacking (crisps are my weakness) and then I had 2 biggish nights out over the weekend. I'd actually double booked myself on Friday so I had dinner with friends and then went to a work function which had an open bar - disaster. I had dinner and drinks with friends on Saturday too, ordered reasonably and but had wine with dinner (went onto gin after, so less bad) but was still way over syns.

The FEAR is REAL!

That is a huge loss! Did you do anything in particular this week?

Wow what a great loss!!

Would love to know what you did this week too :)

• Advertisement

SozBbz wrote: »
    Weighin this evening and I'm dreading it. I missed last week as I was away (forgot to book the holiday, typical!) and a lot of off plan eating has happened since I last went to group. I was away last weekend (spa hotel) so we basically lazed around a lot and then ate in the hotel the whole time. Then once home, I found it hard to get back on track during the week. Then I was home for a day and then off the the UK for a 2 day business trip - more off plan eating and some very bad snacking (crisps are my weakness) and then I had 2 biggish nights out over the weekend. I'd actually double booked myself on Friday so I had dinner with friends and then went to a work function which had an open bar - disaster. I had dinner and drinks with friends on Saturday too, ordered reasonably and but had wine with dinner (went onto gin after, so less bad) but was still way over syns.

The FEAR is REAL!

That sounds like a fun week!

If you have a gain you'll know why so don't worry.

Draw a line under it and get back to plan and you'll be back on track and losing next week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement