Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

city square

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

JupiterKid wrote: »
    What has happened to Burger King? Is it gone? Or is it refurbishing or relocating?

Every city should have a BK.

Gone. Hopefully one will open up in the near future but as of now there is no plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

JupiterKid wrote: »
    What has happened to Burger King? Is it gone? Or is it refurbishing or relocating?

Every city should have a BK.

say wha! theyre not that good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    say wha! theyre not that good

Alot of their food is crap value and falsely advertised but they do have some great burgers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Car park is now 2euro an hour, looks like there's no discount on offer there at all just pay by the hour. Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I see the same crowd has taken over Railway Square car park too. That had a special daily rate last time I noticed. I wonder if they'll keep that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

JohnC. wrote: »
    I see the same crowd has taken over Railway Square car park too. That had a special daily rate last time I noticed. I wonder if they'll keep that.

In there recently, noticed new pay stations alright, very reasonable rates still.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It's 3.50 per day at the moment in railway square.
    I wonder what the gas works will be?

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It's 3.50 per day at the moment in railway square.
    I wonder what the gas works will be?
    Looks very close to opening. All the markings done, signs and pay machines installed. Same price as Millers Marsh. €1 per hour. Minimum 50c (half hour) and €3.60 for the day.

KgZioM2.jpg

Thats brilliant, and free on Sundays.

I often have to give directions to tourists into the city and this will be perfect for them, Bolten St is often full.
    I do up a new Map!

I no longer advise the quay as so many have been clamped.

I'm always amazed how City Square is still pretty full, the only people I know who park there never stay for more than and hour and see the extra €0.20 premium (V street parking) as worth it.

Or my mam when she's after getting her hair done and it's raining!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭914

Another carpark offering €1 per hour and €3.60 daily rate, the amount of complaints about parking prices in Waterford and we now have four car parks with very low rates, Bolton Street, gas works, Millars Marsh and Railway square.

Would be nice if all the council car parks had an effect on private car parks, forcing them to become more competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Thats brilliant, and free on Sundays.

I often have to give directions to tourists into the city and this will be perfect for them, Bolten St is often full.
    I do up a new Map!

I no longer advise the quay as so many have been clamped.

I'm always amazed how City Square is still pretty full, the only people I know who park there never stay for more than and hour and see the extra €0.20 premium (V street parking) as worth it.

Or my mam when she's after getting her hair done and it's raining!

There's no clamping in Waterford city.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Gavlor wrote: »
    There's no clamping in Waterford city.....

Private car parks have clamping.

shockwave wrote: »
    Private car parks have clamping.

You're right, but only the one across from gpo

Great to see the steel work going up, will see good progress in next few weeks I'd say.

Passed through not long ago and the door to the Bookstation site was open. They've already got books on shelves and more pallets of books waiting, so I assume they won't be long about opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Passed through not long ago and the door to the Bookstation site was open. They've already got books on shelves and more pallets of books waiting, so I assume they won't be long about opening.

Applied for a job there and didn't hear as much as a peep back from them

Gavlor wrote: »
    You're right, but only the one across from gpo

The clamping car parks are:
    The railway station
    Across from the Bridge
    Behind the bus station and under the crane.

The barrier car park on the quay obviously isn't.

The clamping car parks are:
    The railway station
    Across from the Bridge
    Behind the bus station and under the crane.

The barrier car park on the quay obviously isn't.

Railway station isn't exactly city centre, not sure where across the bridge is? I hadn't realised that the one across from Dooley's had gone clamping, used to be a barrier there. Under the crane = across from gpo.

We're fortunate that there is no street clamping.... yet

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Should be open by the end of the week apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

cococoady wrote: »
    Should be open by the end of the week apparently

Looks that way, I looked in the High Street Window and they had a lot of stationary and party supplies on the shelves. Hopefully it will be open by the Weekend

• Advertisement

20170628_084109_by_leokearon-dbebi0k.jpg

Bookstation is very close to opening now. Taken this morning

Bookstation is very close to opening now. Taken this morning

where actually is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭914

where actually is it?

Between Peter marks and specsavers

where actually is it?

In City Square, opposite Gamestop and Falcon Travel. Where Specsavers and the Woolen Mills shop used to be, beside Petermark

I heard they had intended to open today, but it should be tomorrow instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Awwh nice. Its nice to have another big book franchise in the city. Good for competition

Awwh nice. Its nice to have another big book franchise in the city. Good for competition

Also makes up for losing Cards and Things, since Bookstation do a lot of similar products

Good to see the Bookstation open. Hopefully the Food Court will be done soon

Getting good sense of extension now with steel progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Any news regarding any shops that will go in there?

Will this be just one big unit that will use that new space, or a few smaller units.

Was in Bookstation over the weekend, busy enough. Card selection was good with a selection of low prive and high price cards and some decent offers on books. However, very small magazine offering, so The Book Centre will still dominate that area.

Advertisement