Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weather Balloon - just found one

• 16-06-2017 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭

I just found a Weather Balloon on our farm. If has a website listed on it;
    www.meteomodem.com

but there's nowhere on the site about returning it. What should I do? :D

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Are you sure its a weather balloon? This could be Roswell 2.0 OP

Ah no JK theres a contact us section. Maybe pop em an email about it?

http://www.meteomodem.com/contact.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Those balloons come back to earth because they eventually get so high they burst hence the are throw away items.

I don't know about Ireland but I gave a couple I found to the geography department of a school in the UK as one of the teachers thought they were good to show the kids who were learning something about the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Giving to a local school, sounds like a great plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Finders keepers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm not sure if they actually want them back anymore, I don't think they are worth so much nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭tphase

the sondes ME use cost about €100. They have no interest in getting them back.

If the sensors work, it would be a nice school project to build a little met station

Or you could put it on your mantlepiece :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any pics? What else was attached besides the balloon?

Advertisement