Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tommy Robinson

• 19-06-2017 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

I know theres people who love or hate him but this is an interview TR has done with a SKY reporter today. Very informative about the situation in the UK, far right groups, whats going on with the public, government. For me he speaks a lot of sense.

Please dont comment unless you watch the video first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

23 minutes of Tommy Robinson? No thanks.

The man is a tireless self promoter, everything out of his mouth is "I" this or "me" that. On top of this he's a lout with convictions for fraud and football hooliganism. He tries to portray himself as some sort of ordinary working class lad speaking out but the reality is he has had long standing connections with numerous racist far-right organisations including the BNP and the British Freedom Party as well as the later violent street groups like the EDL.

Aside from Robinson himself being a criminal and a chancer, the far right these days are simply appealing to anti-Islamic sentiment in order to gain traction and capitalise on wider discontent within working class communities. They're no longer able to readily sell the notion that blacks are genetically inferior or that Jews control the world so instead they have a new scapegoat now they can use as the focalise point for their rubbish.

The names of the organisations change, and the target sometimes changes - but it's the same old nonsense and demographic that drove the BNP, the National Front and the BUF before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

TR is a violent thug, a repeat criminal and is largely despised by the majority of people.in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

FTA69 wrote: »
    23 minutes of Tommy Robinson? No thanks.

The man is a tireless self promoter, everything out of his mouth is "I" this or "me" that. On top of this he's a lout with convictions for fraud and football hooliganism. He tries to portray himself as some sort of ordinary working class lad speaking out but the reality is he has had long standing connections with numerous racist far-right organisations including the BNP and the British Freedom Party as well as the later violent street groups like the EDL.

Aside from Robinson himself being a criminal and a chancer, the far right these days are simply appealing to anti-Islamic sentiment in order to gain traction and capitalise on wider discontent within working class communities. They're no longer able to readily sell the notion that blacks are genetically inferior or that Jews control the world so instead they have a new scapegoat now they can use as the focalise point for their rubbish.

The names of the organisations change, and the target sometimes changes - but it's the same old nonsense and demographic that drove the BNP, the National Front and the BUF before it.

OK I get it you dont like him so no need to comment anymore. It might educate you if you watch it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

TR is a violent thug, a repeat criminal and is largely despised by the majority of people.in the uk

Have you watched the video??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Have you watched the video??

No because I have better things to do with my time than listen to a blatant racist spout his usual soundbites abiut an entire religion on the basis that he doesn't like them. His hatred of Muslims goes back to his school days, obviously has a chip on his shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Help!!!! as youre aware we do not allow newsdumps and as youre not a moderator please dont tell posters whether they can or cannot post in a thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement