Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lions v Maori All Blacks

• 16-06-2017 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭

maori.jpg

Lions Team:

15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Ben Te’o, 11 George North, 10 Johnny Sexton, 9 Conor Murray, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sean O’Brien, 6 Peter O’Mahony (c), 5 George Kruis, 4 Maro Itoje, 3 Tadhg Furlong, 2 Jamie George, 1 Mako Vunipola

Replacements:

16 Ken Owens, 17 Jack McGrath, 18 Kyle Sinckler, 19 Iain Henderson, 20 Sam Warburton, 21 Greig Laidlaw, 22 Dan Biggar, 23 Elliot Daly

MAB Team:

15 James Lowe, 14 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 13 Matt Proctor, 12 Charlie Ngatai, 11 Rieko Ioane, 10 Damian McKenzie, 9 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 8 Liam Messam, 7 Elliot Dixon, 6 Akira Ioane, 5 Tom Franklin, 4 Joe Wheeler, 3 Ben May, 2 Ash Dixon (c), 1 Kane Hames

Replacements:

16 Hikawera Elliot, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Marcel Renata, 19 Leighton Price, 20 Kara Pryor, 21 Bryn Hall, 22 Ihaia West, 23 Rob Thompson

Referee: Jaco Peyper (SA)

Unofficially known as the 4th test, the tourists are sure to be put to the pin of their collars one week out from the main event. The selection of McKenzie suggests that the Maoris will be looking to run at every available opportunity with a back three of James Lowe, Nehe Milner-Skudder and Rieko Ioane at their disposal out wide too.

The loss of Owen Farrell will be a blow for the Lions as they hoped to experiment him and Sexton together again.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

paulie21 wrote: »

MAB Team:

15 James Lowe, 14 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 13 Matt Proctor, 12 Charlie Ngatai, 11 Rieko Ioane, 10 Damian McKenzie, 9 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 8 Liam Messam, 7 Elliot Dixon, 6 Akira Ioane, 5 Tom Franklin, 4 Joe Wheeler, 3 Ben May, 2 Ash Dixon (c), 1 Kane Hames

Replacements:

16 Hikawera Elliot, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Marcel Renata, 19 Leighton Price, 20 Kara Pryor, 21 Bryn Hall, 22 Ihaia West, 23 Rob Thompson

This is the team that faced Munster in Nov

Maori All Blacks: Marty McKenzie; Ambrose Curtis, Matt Proctor, Tim Bateman, James Lowe; Otere Black, Billy Guyton; Kane Hames, Ash Dixon – capt, Ben May; Leighton Price, Jakob Skeen; Reed Prinsep, Shane Christie, Akira Ioane.

Replacements: Leni Apisai, Chris Eves, Marcel Renata, Whetu Douglas, Kara Pryor, Brad Webster, Ihaia West, Jason Emery.

Lots of changes and while I don't know many of the players it looks like more bigger names have been added to the squad to face the Lions tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Twas one of the better games in '05. A who's who of Irish provincial rugby on display...Jono Gibbes, Rua Tipoki, Greg Feek...as well as a couple of handy footballers called Brian, Paul & Gordon. Weepu wasn't fat. Spencer with the mother of all mullets. Steve Walsh being Steve Walsh. Murray Mexted being Murray Mexted.

The Maori were very poor last November, I still have doubts about the forwards, but the backs are quite a bit better in theory.

I'm almost as excited to see how Butter goes at fullback for the Maori's as I am to seeing the Lions.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Lets not do Butter

Lets not do Butter

Lowe
    Low
    Low Low
    Butter
    Slips outa tackles.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,977 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Lowe
    Low
    Low Low
    Butter
    Slips outa tackles.

Missing a step ...

Butter
    Fingers
    Fish

Ergo 'fish'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm very excited about this game

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Ergo 'fish'

1bJIUKu.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Lowe
    Low
    Low Low
    Butter
    Slips outa tackles.

Lowe
    Liethefieldsofathenry
    WhiskEy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I have no idea now the Lions are bookies favourites for this considering the strength of the Maori and the disaster of a tour so far.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Use this match thread please

Munster had a handy win over the Maori AB's not too long ago, but this is definitely a stronger team.

I have no idea now the Lions are bookies favourites for this considering the strength of the Maori and the disaster of a tour so far.

Probably due to the performances of the Lions in the games so far and the recent performances of the maori.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

A Haka with a Hurley?

Change the thread title to Maori All Blacks V Welsh player development squad

Those lads are going to be very hoarse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

God this nonsense is getting worse and worse. Is it sport or interpretive dance I have tuned into ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

One of the cooler Haka's. Pretty terrifying stuff.

God this nonsense is getting worse and worse. Is it sport or interpretive dance I have tuned into ?

Would be hilarious if a bunch of interpretive dancers can beat the Lions. All time low.

Love it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

DDC1990 wrote: »
    One of the cooler Haka's. Pretty terrifying stuff.

Started off like a Michael Jackson video

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That was a very impressive haka.

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Started off like a Michael Jackson video

If we advance on the haka we get fined, if the haka advaces on us they get paid lots of cash by adidas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Might have to get me one of those Maori jerseys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Copy & Paste job from last week buddy. At least try :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Might have to get me one of those Maori jerseys.

Lovely Jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Good start from the Lions. Poor kick from Murray there, I'd imagine he wanted to ping it high over the tryline but it went backwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

irishman86 wrote: »
    Copy & Paste job from last week buddy. At least try :rolleyes:

Not quite. I forgot to mention the obligatory minutes silence for the tragedy du jour. Which has become a copy and paste preamble to rugby these days.

Opportunistic try. Shouldn't have happened, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Well that was clumsy

Advertisement