Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seeking airsoft team/club & legal concerns

Options
  • 10-06-2017 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello there!

I moved from Spain to Ireland recently, and now I'm looking for an airsoft club. I used to play in Spain 2 times per month or so quick games(<8hrs), and like 1-2 milsims a year (24-48hrs). I'm looking for a team with good vibes, who can join for a beer after games, partner with other teams for larger games and kind of serious (same-ish uniforms and loadouts...etc)

I would also love if someone can give me some links to read or explain me the legally of airsoft in here, should I register the replicas in the Garda? Have red pain on the muzzle? fps & distance limits? and so on.

Some notes on me: currently have equipment to play as Russian FSB 80s-90s, Mountain Spetnaz last decade or US Marines last decade, but can adapt if I find a nice team spirit. I hate things like speedsoft and hicap mags. I usually play as rifleman or scout, but as said before, can adapt.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marte

Forgot to post this, I'm currently in Dublin, teams based there of nearby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Welcome to Ireland ,

Legal wise the maximum fps is 328 with a .20 bb ,
    There are No requirements for a red muzzle or any other part of your airsoft guns ,
    Guns do not need to be registered with gardai

There are lots of teams around the country most don't have uniform requirements ,they would expect you to play regularly ,
    Sites in Dublin are Tallaght CQB ,
    Inferno CQB also in tallaght ,
    Fingal airsoft in Stramullen (outside Dublin)
    Red barn airsoft .
    Red hills airsoft in Kildare ,
    Simtac in navan
    Spec ops in Wicklow
    Belurgan for serious milsims (outside Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marte

Hi Gatling!

Thanks for the quick response. The law is almost the same then, all my replicas are tuned for that power. (Just that in Spain you have to register them).

I will be checking that info and looking forward to play some games in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mike A

I can recommend Sim-Tac in Navan, very cool location with great CQB areas and large outside fields and woods. Always great games including some milsims.
    Another very nice location is Fingal.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ridik_ulass

Hey, I just saw your post, Not sure, were you the guy who joined us for a game a few weeks ago? on a Sunday evening out in tallagh? We had a private booking, and there was about 10 of us.

If you are the same guy, (I won't guess your name for privacy) your welcome to come with us again, PM me your details or contact the guys on face book.

If you're not the same guy, I have a team that is fairly casual and welcoming, if you want to get in touch we can again take this chat to PM, just message me and I'll share you my contact details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement