Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

B&I LIONS vs Blues: Wed @ 08h35

Comments

Can't say it's a clear knock on.....so I'd say give the try. Always favour the attacking team.

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IMO thats a try

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Looks a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

awec wrote: »
    IMO thats a try

I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Aw no! That's dreadful luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That's a try for me.

Pretty clearly knocked back by Nowell for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Not a clear and obvious knock-on so try has to be awarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Try feck

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Half time 12-10 to the Blues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Stupid by CJ

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Blues in front now. But this is a much better showing by the Lions. Much better organised, good set piece and very determined.

vienne86 wrote: »

It was very hesitant from a few guys under their own posts. Bit of looking at one another.

Discipline has been atrocious after a good opening 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Stupid by CJ

What did he do?

Lions pack has the better of the blues pack but the back play is turgid.

Bar the try CJ is having a game to forget. Falatau owns the 8 jersey as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Christy42

Blues in front now. But this is a much better showing by the Lions. Much better organised, good set piece and very determined.

I think being behind to the Blues while putting in a better showing shows how much trouble the Lions are in this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Great try. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭laurie88

That's harsh but rugby, Lions clearly won the 1st 40 on the paddock but the scoreboard says different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

The Irish midfield haven't done a whole lot in attack but they have been great defensively.

• Advertisement

Welcome to NZ rugby. You make your own luck by trying things.

Payne, Halfpenny and Webb looking good in the back line. Henshaw would want to lift his game significantly.

McGrath very busy. Haskell getting some criticism but is also everywhere even allowing for red scrum cap visibility. Stander mixing good with sloppy.

Gatland won't be happy with the last 20 minutes. Lions are in real danger of losing here despite the improved performance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

budhabob wrote: »
    What did he do?

Gave away a penalty which the outhalf from Blues hit against the posts on purpose leading to a try which was all CJ's fault :pac:

Blues passing through the backs has been dreadful. If they sort that, the Lions will have a real battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Missed that try there.

Biggest problem for me was the drop off in tempo. We had them under big pressure when we were getting through phases quickly and Webb was moving us quickly around. They need to get back to that ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

irishman86 wrote: »
    Are you sure, Ive seen loads of similar marks to that called through the years. You could be right if so that would be hilarious

Law 18

"The player must make a clean catch direct from an opponent’s kick and at the same time shout “Mark” "

unless you disagree with what a clean catch is but for me there is not much room for interpretation there. ref obviously disagreed in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Historically Auckland has been the powerhouse of Kiwi rugby. It important here that the Lions put down a marker here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Anyone know what TV station it's on.

Basil3 wrote:
    Blues passing through the backs has been dreadful. If they sort that, the Lions will have a real battle.
    That has largely been down to some very good line speed from the Lions. Blues haven't had much time in attack at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Gerry T wrote: »
    Anyone know what TV station it's on.

Sky sports 1

Advertisement