Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

election upcoming?

• 05-06-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭

yesterday whist travelling thro tipp town i saw an election poster for jackie cahill, hanging outside the church

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

No election has been called, so any election poster is litter.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭mikep

flutered wrote: »
    yesterday whist travelling thro tipp town i saw an election poster for jackie cahill, hanging outside the church
    I don't think it is an election poster..there are a few in Thurles where I think they advertise a meeting he is organising.

oscarBravo is right..Litter!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

mikep wrote: »
    I don't think it is an election poster..there are a few in Thurles where I think they advertise a meeting he is organising.

oscarBravo is right..Litter!

You're allowed advertise public meetings in between elections. Politicians do it all the time, it's not unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The bookies odds on next Taoiseach would imply a good chance of an election or can Martin take the role any other way?

Micheal Martin 8/11
    Leo Varadkar 1
    Michael McGrath 16
    Simon Coveney 25
    Gerry Adams 150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Three of the five are in the same constituency. Either way those odds have nothing to do with when the election will be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement