Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toy Spotting / Shopping Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Arquinsiel wrote: »
    They look decent TBH, and well worth risking a tenner on at some point.

We have very different tastes man.

I can't believe I gave you Pictures of my Lugnut!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Not a local sighting, but sale on over at a Kapow.

Some pretty good deals to be had.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/sale.html?limit=all

MarkHall wrote: »
    Be better than that man. Say no to the Shoddy movie line.

I'd defend some movie toys as being well made, even if their appearance is divisive.

But Hasbro are being uber-grabby this round, and i'm not biting at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Revenge of the Fallen/Hunt for the Decepticons Leader Prime and Starscream were both excellent figures.

The Starscream mold was used for the movie MP line.

ChopShop wrote: »
    Not a local sighting, but sale on over at a Kapow.

Some pretty good deals to be had.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/sale.html?limit=all

I'd defend some movie toys as being well made, even if their appearance is divisive.

But Hasbro are being uber-grabby this round, and i'm not biting at those prices.

we're used to redco's and repaints. But starting a line off with them is bad form.

The Starscream mold was used for the movie MP line.
    That's the figure that stopped my Buy all the Starscreams! It wasn't till FOC Screamer came out that I jumped back into it.
    But I can't bring myself to nab those Movie screamers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

dropped into smyths in tallaght on the way home.

the TR deluxes are back up to 23 euro again but the computron set is still 50 quid (oddly in fonthill thats gone back up to 84 quid).

but the REAL story is the first two movie figs have hit their shelves.

movie voyager prime and grimlock.

at 39.99 !. which is supposed to be a reduction from 41.99

jesus christ. i was thinking of picking up movie grimlock as i let it pass by first time around and i find the grey colouring more movie accurate. but not at THAT fecking price.

i mean TR sentinel prime is in stock there for 25 quid.

i WILL say that the detail on that movie prime is very nice. but no bloody way will i fork out that for a movie fig. i said earlier i'd pick up a leader megs but by the looks of things the price point will be more than skyshadow or six shot.

feck that.

i'll be waiting for the sales on these as theyre taking the piss.

we're used to redco's and repaints. But starting a line off with them is bad form.

And bumping the price up while they are at it doesnt help either.

And bumping the price up while they are at it doesnt help either.

There's been a gradual creep in pricing since the prime series. But this is a tad of a bounce.
    So long as they keep up the CW/TR style figures I'll stay collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Arquinsiel

just to give a heads up the recent drop in the dollar is now putting a sky shadow from amazon.com in the states within 5 quid or so of what i reckon would be a 60 euro price tag for retail here - INCLUSIVE of amazons import deposit.

with his (and broadsides ) listing from smyths.ie disappearing from their website it might be an alternative for those worried about waiting for a bricks and mortar release here.

• Advertisement

just to give a heads up the recent drop in the dollar is now putting a sky shadow from amazon.com in the states within 5 quid or so of what i reckon would be a 60 euro price tag for retail here - INCLUSIVE of amazons import deposit.

with his (and broadsides ) listing from smyths.ie disappearing from their website it might be an alternative for those worried about waiting for a bricks and mortar release here.

What's the delivery time like these days?

A 2nd hand rumour indicated no more Generations until October. We're gonna miss at least one wave at that rate.

depends on the option.

the quicker you want it the more expensive it is.

if you go with their bog standard global delivery service you get the best price but based on an order today the projected arrival time is anywhere between june 7 and june 14 th.

so potentially up to 3 weeks.

just seen from seibertron. com that leader movie megs is up for preorder on amazon.co.uk.

linky below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WGPWQ9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495741725&sr=8-1&keywords=leader+megatron

at todays rate he's 56 euro which aint bad for a leader class.

According to seibertron.com trypticon is up for pre order (to come out in June ) on big bad toy store.

Price point is $149.99

So at least that gives us an idea of what hell cost us when he hits the stores .

Lookin like the same as fort max

:D

EDIT.

OK just as an update for this ive been arseing about on kapow toys site and theyve got a RAKE of new stuff up on pre order.

what looks like half of wave 5 deluxes (missfire windblade and twintwist) a set of blitzwing and octane , the seige on cybertron set with prime metalhawk and co.

overlord.

and the aforementioned trypticon - which is up for 172 euro or so (depending on the exchange rate) due late july.

anyway the REAL reason for this edit is theres also what looks like a re issue of titans returns fortress maximus coming out in late june/july . its the bog standard hasbro release but the price is 114 euro. with packaging thats 130 quid or so which IMO is great value for such a big bot.

might be something for those that regret passing on him last year.

According to seibertron.com trypticon is up for pre order (to come out in June ) on big bad toy store.

Price point is $149.99

So at least that gives us an idea of what hell cost us when he hits the stores .

Lookin like the same as fort max

....do you mean Irish stores? Cause the odds on that even in a non-movie yr are laughable.

Toymaster has wave 3 of Titans return on the shelves.
    Not a lot. Dont see them lasting.

Toymaster has wave 3 of Titans return on the shelves.
    Not a lot. Dont see them lasting.

Wave 4?

Might have my wires crossed, but thought wave 3 was Triggerhappy etc.

....do you mean Irish stores? Cause the odds on that even in a non-movie yr are laughable.

yeah sorry man, meant online retail.

Wave 4?

Might have my wires crossed, but thought wave 3 was Triggerhappy etc.

Yup. Meant wave 4.

Krock, topspin, Quake and Kup!

yeah sorry man, meant online retail.

Forbiddenplanet put a bunch of stock images up.

includimg Trypticon.

They only do euro stock for tfs afaik so i suppose there is am outside chance after all.

• Advertisement

So Dublin city comics are having a little stock rotation.

Check out their Mob of changey robot types during the reshuffle.

19059044_10155347807272789_698619159078330665_n.jpg?oh=e1c0e2a63ce485fb8438aff974171ace&oe=59D3F098
    See anything you want there?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Yup. Meant wave 4.

Krock, topspin, Quake and Kup!

Did I completely miss perceptor?
    What wave was he?

You aint missed him. He's in wave 4 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

You aint missed him. He's in wave 4 as well.

Cool. i need him for my Wreckers shelf.
    I was looking at Rodimus today and he is very nice but I think I'm going to wait and splash out on the SXS Hot Flame.

dropped into smyths on the fonthill road (after going to see the last knight)

the movie stuff is on sale.

the voyagers are going for 29.99 and the deluxes are going for 19.99.

not a great selection. mainly prime, grimlock in the voyager and barricade and the raptor dinobot i can never remember (slash? ) .

but still there ya go.

Dublin City comics having a weekend sale. So a nice time to pick up a few bits!

19437468_1389738894413948_2415690530525887763_n.png?oh=3623ea2824520a2ea1cc13bfd6e2cb94&oe=59E015D7
    This Weekend at Dublin City Comics there will be 20% off EVERYTHING* in the shop. That's right, for 2 Days We are giving you the chance to get 20% off the marked price on any item on the shop shelves and in the cases if you physically come into the shop. Transformers, Star Wars, Hot Toys, Marvel, DC Comics, Graphic Novels, Gundams and more are all part of the sale.

alot of the movie stuff seems to have come in now.

was in smyths in tallaght and they have drift slug (its SLAG dammit ! :) ) baricade steelbane berserker squeeks (RC and deluxe version) .

all at 19.99 for those intersted

the voyager stuff is still mainly grimlock and theres no sign of any leaders yet.

but hey its a start !

IMO it feels more like finally getting the AOE deluxe characters than anything else.

smyths have updated their site for the new figs to come

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/transformers/c/SM06010123

looks like were getting wave 4 and 5 (kup/misfire) on the generations front but no sign of sky shadow/overlord.

what stuns me though is the price of leader movie megs and leader dragon storm

80 feckin quid !

if theres no significant price cut there its the voyage megs for me !

smyths have updated their site for the new

80 feckin quid !

Or just don't give the movie line any money!

Barricade is the only one that's even peaked my interest. But the price tag helped me not be too pushed for him!

• Advertisement

smyths have updated their site for the new figs to come

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/transformers/c/SM06010123

looks like were getting wave 4 and 5 (kup/misfire) on the generations front but no sign of sky shadow/overlord.

80 feckin quid !

The price will come down. You can almost count on it.

TRU UK have it listed at 45 gbp already. Although i'm not sure they have any stock at all yet.

Or just don't give the movie line any money!

Barricade is the only one that's even peaked my interest. But the price tag helped me not be too pushed for him!

You can get Barricade for 20.00 these days. If that isn't too much to pay, and you're not worried it will have you falling down the Bayformers Rabbit Hole.

Advertisement