Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MATCH PREVIEW & THREAD: B&I Lions vs NZ Provincial Baa-Baas

Comments

Lions make a heap of substitutions but it's *just* Farrell that is having an impact ay!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Not that it was going anywhere anyway, but that is Sexie's tour done for sure.

It's really hard to know if people are being serious or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭testtech05

I thought best went very well apart from one crooked lineout had at least 2 good clean turnovers I think a third was knocked on after he won it in the first half. He really does add so much around the field and at the breakdown when he's going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Babaas Miles offside all the time

Plenty clearly delighted to see Sexton supposedly fail, some having a bit of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Sinckler is human after all
    It's FURLONG TIME

Timing has been off alright, just not sure how can say he was one of Lions "good" players

Because he was responsible for most of the line breaks in the first half and put himself around the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

He is playing like a drain lately. Farrell has been excellent consistently for months. There was never a contest. Injuries can alter cases, but otherwise, Jonny's place for the midweek games, other than giving enough time to Biggar to get game time for his spot on the test bench, is assured.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's not the end of Sextons tour but it's not good for him that Farrell can come on and immediately have a bigger impact than he had all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Sexton was certainly poor. He'll be very frustrated seeing the try go in as soon as he came off.

Needs a much better performance next time out

Babaas Miles offside all the time

Both sides are defensively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He is playing like a drain lately. Farrell has been excellent consistently for months. There was never a contest. Injuries can alter cases, but otherwise, Jonny's place for the midweek games, other than giving enough time to Biggar to get game time for his spot on the test bench, is assured.

"lately" is really only the Scarlets game, which is about as far back as many people's memories go obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Gatland and Laidlaw off, Lions should get about 4 more tries and win handy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So I missed most of the first half, but how has AWJ gone? Haven't seen a huge amount from him in the 30 mins I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Venjur wrote: »
    Plenty clearly delighted to see Sexton supposedly fail, some having a bit of fun.

?? Who is delighted to see Sexton fail?
    He, along with alot of players, hasn't had a good game
    People are so precious about their favorite players
    I love Henderson but he was been poor

.ak wrote: »
    Because he was responsible for most of the line breaks in the first half and put himself around the pitch.

Webb on now and we'll open them up imo. Laidlaw way too conservative in his decision making.

Sexton was fine. Did nothing dramatic but distributed and tackled well. Teo having a good game because Sexton is putting him into space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Sexton was certainly poor. He'll be very frustrated seeing the try go in as soon as he came off.

Needs a much better performance next time out

I dont think he is going to get one. The swing into the test pattern will start on Wednesday, with Biggar starting and Sexton benching. Then Farrell starting next weekend with Biggar benching.
    It was already Gatty's Plan-A. Sexton seems incapable of providing any evidence to refute the contention that Gatts is dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭testtech05

Webb on now and we'll open them up imo. Laidlaw way too conservative in his decision making.

Sexton was fine. Did nothing dramatic but distributed and tackled well. Teo having a good game because Sexton is putting him into space.

Sexton wasn't as bad as some are making out but his distribution left a lot to be desired at times. Few lasses straight to deck and others stopping the recipients momentum when they had to stop to catch the ball (appreciate some of that can be down to timing of the run)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

I think people are over reacting to Sexton, made a few mistakes yeah, but it wasn't the shocker some are making out. Had some good moments as well.

Kruis is right into the game with a steal? Didn't Kruis come on 10 mins ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Thought Sexton was outperformed by Gatland myself

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

molloyjh wrote: »
    So I missed most of the first half, but how has AWJ gone? Haven't seen a huge amount from him in the 30 mins I've seen.

Meh.

He distributed well, except for the times when he didn't.

leakyboots wrote: »
    Thought Sexton was outperformed by Gatland myself

Yeah Gatland was certainly the better of the two in the first half. Wonder why he wouldn't come up north

Game has started to turn. Baa-baas making the errors now. Lions not having to do much now.

Well except convert. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's Biggar to start the tests so.

That's Farrells tour over ;)

Kanrith wrote: »
    I think people are over reacting to Sexton, made a few mistakes yeah, but it wasn't the shocker some are making out. Had some good moments as well.

Well this all started with ak. saying Sexton was one of Lions "good" players today - he wasn't terrible, but he didn't exactly play well either

• Registered Users Posts: 23,665 ✭✭✭✭phog

Right call to kick at goal but terrible miss.

Bring Sexton back on :pac:

Yeah Gatland was certainly the better of the two in the first half. Wonder why he wouldn't come up north

I'm starting the Gatland for Connacht bandwagon now

• Advertisement

I don't rate Moriarty tbh.

Advertisement