Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topaz 99c fuel (VERY limited) & 5c/litre off for Three customers

• 01-06-2017 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

There's an unwieldy title for ya! Very restricted offer.
    Topaz have announced that they'll be dramatically dropping the price of petrol and diesel in a number of their stations around the country over the weekend.

In 14 locations, the fuel retailer will be selling fuel for 99c per litre, but you have to be quick as it's only for 99 minutes.

The following stations across Ireland will be selling fuel at 99c per litre over the weekend.

Saturday, 9am for 99 minutes:
    Topaz Parkway East, Lucan-by-Pass, Palmerstown.
    Topaz Rochestown Avenue, Dun Laoghaire
    Topaz The Ward, North Road, Dublin North
    Topaz Kilcolgan, Co. Galway

Sunday, 9am for 99 minutes:
    Topaz Stillorgan Road, Dublin South
    Topaz Glenview, Tallaght-by-pass, Dublin West
    Topaz Ballymun, Ballymun Cross, Dublin North
    Topaz Eglington, Cabinteely, Dublin South
    Topaz Citywest, Naas Road, Dublin West
    Topaz Thomond, Thomondgate, Co. Limerick

Monday, 9am for 99 minutes:
    Topaz Parkway West, Chapelizod-by-pass, Palmerstown
    Topaz Kilnamanagh, Tallaght, Dublin West
    Topaz Grange Castle, Clondalkin, Dublin West

More useful is there's 5c a litre off for Three customers. Download a QR code from the 3plus app and show it in the station. That should work in more places.
    Carlow: Carlow, Junction 5 M9

Clare: Shannon, Ennis

Cork: Frankfield, Ballincollig, Bishopstown, Midleton, Tivoli, Douglas, Lakeview, Polefield,New Mallow Road, Rockets Douglas, Cork Airport, Eastgate, Mitchelstown, Leitrim St, Bantry

Dublin: Kennelsfort, Autobahn, Westview, Cabra, Swords, Dublin Port, Ashtown, Belmont, Grosvenor, St Peters Road, Parkway East, Parkway West, Dublin Airport, Clonshaugh, Elm Park, Omni, Maypark, Howth Road, Donnybrook, Taney, Clontarf, Stillorgan Road, Malahide, Martello, Richmond, West Pier, Beaumont, Kilmainham, Templeville, Apollo, Rochestown Avenue, Kilternan, Dalkey, Sundrive, Fortfield, Blessington Road, RSC,Glenview, Kilnamanagh, The Square, Greenhills Road, Glasnevin, Donaghmede, Foxhall, Castleknock, Finglas, Ballymun, Balgriffin, The Ward, Mulhuddart, Artane, Nevin, Westway, Coolmine, Hartstown, Lucan, Violet Hill, Rathcoole, Round Tower, Belgard, Citywest, Newlands, Nutgrove, City Avenue, Ballyboden, Taylor's Lane, Cranley, Centenary, Eglington

Galway: College Road, Bohermore, Newcastle, Kilcolgan, Ballinasloe, Tuam

Kerry: Killarney, Tralee, Fenit Road

Kildare: Maynooth, Athy, Beaufort, Kill

Kilkenny: Castlecomer Road, Waterford Rd, Park

Laois: Portlaoise, Abbeyleix, Ballacolla

Limerick: Dock Road, Caherdavin, Roxboro, Corbally, Thomond, Ballysimon Road, Castletroy

Louth: Boyne, Mellifont

Mayo: Ballina, Ballinrobe

Meath: Beechmount, Navan, Clonee, Dunboyne, Coolfore, Dunshaughlin, Ashbourne, Kinnegad

Monaghan: Clones

Offaly: Tullamore

Sligo: Cartron Hill

Tipperary: Thurles, Cashel

Waterford: Cove, Manor

Westmeath: N4 East, N4 West, Athlone

Wexford: Quayside

Wicklow: Bray, Kilmacanogue, Beechwood, Rathdown, Rockfield Park, Brennanstown
    Kilcoole, Wicklow Brinkhall (Ashford) Ltd, Parkview, Tullow Road, Deerpark, Balrothery, Ninth Lock,Three Rock, Grange Castle

Offer valid until 12 June and seems to be one use only per account.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

5c off a litre ? I normally get 25 litres so this would save me €1.25

which is about 8 minutes on minimum wage.

Worth getting if you passing a Topaz station, but not worth taking a trip to one.

As for the 99c offer, I'd imagine it'd be like Mad Max II

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

5c off a litre ? I normally get 25 litres so this would save me €1.25

which is about 8 minutes on minimum wage.

Worth getting if you passing a Topaz station, but not worth taking a trip to one.

As for the 99c offer, I'd imagine it'd be like Mad Max II
    Maybe not for your moped, but my beast takes 70 litres. Topaz are dominant around here too so not far to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Except queue will probably be mental

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's nice to see that both Topaz and Three have ignored most of the northwest of the country (as usual) Shower of ignorant ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tall chapy

Visa Go Rewards will give you back €5 for every €40 you spend in Topaz up to June 9th.

Hope my tank will take over 40 litres😒

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

tall chapy wrote: »
    Visa Go Rewards will give you back €5 for every €40 you spend in Topaz up to June 9th.

Hope my tank will take over 40 litres😒

The up to date, will change, It is 2 weeks from when you register for the AIB Rewards, if you have 2 AIB cards, register them in separate accounts. Big thread on the Talk to: AIB and Bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

I tried the 3 offer. Chap in Topaz hadn't a clue about it, I just left it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I would rather pay normal price than have to be a part of that madness for 99 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Guffy

It's nice to see that both Topaz and Three have ignored most of the northwest of the country (as usual) Shower of ignorant ****.

Tbf to 3 the offer is available in all TOPAZ owned sites. Any station with the topaz hoarding but without a re.store attached is not a topaz store. They just sell topaz fuel. From a quick look on the site the furthest NW station is in Sligo which 3 cover, as they do with all sites

bertie4evr wrote: »
    I tried the 3 offer. Chap in Topaz hadn't a clue about it, I just left it.

Was it a topaz run site or a licensee? If its a topaz run site just scan the qr code, if not... well it doesnt work cause they are not signed up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

gufc21 wrote: »
    Was it a topaz run site or a licensee? If its a topaz run site just scan the qr code, if not... well it doesnt work cause they are not signed up

It was a proper Topaz, listed in the 3Plus app. He didn't know about the offer but got me to scan the code anyway to try.

bertie4evr wrote: »
    It was a proper Topaz, listed in the 3Plus app. He didn't know about the offer but got me to scan the code anyway to try.

Duno... once you scan it and put the fuel through it should just come off. If you want to pm me the site I'll flag it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭corks finest

Move south to paradise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

A new topaz opened in Limerick about 2 years ago.there were tailback s for miles.not only were there long queues,those queues blocked one off the busiest roads in Limerick for ages.
    Mad max indeed.madness

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

i normally get a tenner for my car this will save me 35 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Buffman

I just passed the Parkway East one, traffic waiting to get in stopped on the inside lane and hard shoulder back to the M50.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Yeah, so much for "across Ireland"! If they just want to give their deals in Dublin, then let them get their custom up there too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Taxi men queuing up with bowsers hitched up to the back buying a thousand litres and taking 30 minutes to do it are always a feature at these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

I just filled my car in kilcolgan.i came from the city side of the station but they weren't letting anyone turn in from this side. I had to go past the village and turn around to queue .I didn't think I was going to get in on time for the bargain .there was a girl there organising traffic. Fair play to her she was getting everyone in as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jnk883

I decided to go get petrol in Topaz (with Re:Store) since I was getting the 5c off (they are normally 4 or 5c more expensive but sure with the code I said I might as well since I was passing). Filled up, went in, person behind the counter told me scan the code. It didn't work so she asked me to scan again and again and again. Then shrugged her shoulders, said doesn't look to be working that will be 55 euro. Didn't care the code didn't work and wasn't going to do anything about it.

Lucky I don't shop in Topaz often and just like Threes network, their offers are very unreliable :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

jnk883 wrote: »
    Lucky I don't shop in Topaz often and just like Threes network, their offers are very unreliable :D:D:D

Great in the city. Brutal outside of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

I decided to go get petrol in Topaz (with Re:Store) since I was getting the 5c off (they are normally 4 or 5c more expensive but sure with the code I said I might as well since I was passing). Filled up, went in, person behind the counter told me scan the code. It didn't work so she asked me to scan again and again and again. Then shrugged her shoulders, said doesn't look to be working that will be 55 euro. Didn't care the code didn't work and wasn't going to do anything about it.

Had a similar experience in the new services in Carlow. But, tbf to the lady, she went the other way and almost refused to let me leave the shop until it worked, which it was obviously never going to. After 30-40 scans I begged to be released back into the wild and she grudgingly accepted. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Jasus, they must have forgotten us here in Cork, bloody langers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

TallGlass wrote: »
    I would rather pay normal price than have to be a part of that madness for 99 mins.

I usally put 40 odd litres in every time I fill. There is a Topaz within 10/15 minutes of both my own house and my home place, I would have gladly gone out this morning to fill up. Unfortunately both Sligo and Donegal have not been included in their current 99c offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

My local filling station is €1.19 for diesel at the minute but the nearby topaz will be 99c tomorrow morning, with 5c off per litre on 3+ it's 94c that's a saving of 25c/L or on a 70L fill it's a saving of €17.50

If it happened every time I filled it would be great but it won't make much of a dent in my annual fuel costs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Applegreen motorway services on the M1 did this a few months back.
    Caused gridlock on the M1 in both directions. Gardai had to intervene

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JohnJ94

Same thing happened to me in Dublin airport. Staff member was quite rude about it too. I didn't mind paying the extra but he made me feel like I was trying to pull one over on them the whole time.

Drove past Topaz at Palmerston after dropping the Mrs off to work this morning. Looked like some people had used it as a chance to spend a few hours with friends, catching up with each other on the side of the road while waiting in the queue. Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Buffman

Basil3 wrote: »
    Drove past Topaz at Palmerston after dropping the Mrs off to work this morning. Looked like some people had used it as a chance to spend a few hours with friends, catching up with each other on the side of the road while waiting in the queue. Fun times.

Ye, somebody with a burger van set up on the grass verge would have made a fortune selling breakfast rolls!:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

My local filling station is €1.19 for diesel at the minute but the nearby topaz will be 99c tomorrow morning, with 5c off per litre on 3+ it's 94c that's a saving of 25c/L or on a 70L fill it's a saving of €17.50

If it happened every time I filled it would be great but it won't make much of a dent in my annual fuel costs

I wouldn't imagine you'll get it for 94c but lucky you if you do

Advertisement