Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mercedes R129

Options
  • 29-05-2017 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Re: Mercedes R129 1994 3.2lit.

My friend has a Mercedes R129, not computer literate, thus I am doing this for him. Having problems electric roof, opening and closing intermittently. Doing everything according to book. The hand brake lever is supposed to be on, but occasionally the roof will not close. But you could drop the hand brake lever and it may work, not always though.

There appears to be an intermittent problem with the connections to the hand brake lever. Can anyone out there assist or is there a wiring diagram available to purchase?

Regards Jack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭goochy

is it a black 94D sl320 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

It makes no difference if the handbrake is on. The roof is not electric but hydraulic. Check first the reservoir under the spare wheel in the boot. Make sure to use the correct fluid, the dealer will advise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

These cars have electro hydraulic roofs. The handbrake has nothing to do with it, and its a footbrake anyway, but the speed sensor signal does get involved so the car has to be at a standstill. Sometimes if an aftermarket radio has been put in the speed sensor wires may have been damaged. I have seen this on several occasions. Also as previously mentioned by Tommyboy the fluid needs to be at the right level.

There are many micro switches involved which need to send the correct signals. What exactly is happening or not happening, and at what part of the sequence. Also let me know what the red LED in the roof button does.

Advertisement