Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Creans Lager Bottles - Cork City

• 30-05-2017 5:34pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone knows where to pick this up in Cork City or surrounds?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Haven't seen it bottled in ages. Have you tried Bradley's on North Main Street or the Abbot's Ale House on Devonshire Street?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

BeerNut wrote: »
    Haven't seen it bottled in ages. Have you tried Bradley's on North Main Street or the Abbot's Ale House on Devonshire Street?

No sign on Bradley's site, but will try Abbot Ale house too. Cheers. Hadn't thought of them

With all due respect to Bradley's, I doubt any off licence in Ireland has a website that accurately reflects its beer stock. No. 21 on the corner of Devonshire Street would be worth a look when you're at the Abbot's.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Drunken Destrier

With all due respect to Bradley's, I doubt any off licence in Ireland has a website that accurately reflects its beer stock. No. 21 on the corner of Devonshire Street would be worth a look when you're at the Abbot's.

This is true, keeping all our stock up to date online would be more than a full time job. And we don't have creans.

Dingle or Aer Lingus might be your best bets, failing the two shops mentioned.

Aer Lingus
    They dropped it and replaced it with Chieftan. Come back Tom, all is forgiven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

They dropped it and replaced it with Chieftan. Come back Tom, all is forgiven.

Is Chieftan no good? Haven't tried it myself truth be told.

This is true, keeping all our stock up to date online would be more than a full time job. And we don't have creans.

Dingle or Aer Lingus might be your best bets, failing the two shops mentioned.

Cheers for the info!

Just on hols now, but was planning a spin by tomorrow to double check .

enda1 wrote: »
    Is Chieftan no good?
    I find it too sweet and soupy. It wasn't bad when it first came out but I think it has degenerated over the years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never seen it bottled anywhere - canned its slightly common. Supervalus are by their structure unreliable across stores but I've seen cans in some

There were 33cl bottles once upon a time but I think they may have done a straight replace when they started canning.

• Advertisement

There were 33cl bottles once upon a time but I think they may have done a straight replace when they started canning.

Yeah, I've definitely seen bottles before and can be found online - But not near me here.

Supervalu had them, but they (Crean) changed distributor so don't get into Supervalu any more (Well that's what I was told anyway)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

They're not available for a long time now. We were told it was bottling issues, but that was last year & we haven't been able to get it since. We were also told they were concentrating on the keg side of things for the on-trade.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just to update that the Creans Lager is back in bottles!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Just to update that the Creans Lager is back in bottles!

Nice - Where can it be found?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Nice - Where can it be found?

I'm in Kerry but I'm sure they will be back in most off licences.

Advertisement