Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

Is the Vita sold new anywhere any more? Can't seem to find one - I'm tempted to buy one but might just have to go for an used one.

Shame the memory card prices aren't coming down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bodycheck is out tomorrow on vita, looks like a lot of fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Polar101 wrote: »
    Is the Vita sold new anywhere any more? Can't seem to find one - I'm tempted to buy one but might just have to go for an used one.

Shame the memory card prices aren't coming down.

Best bet for a new one is online, amazon or somewhere, try cex or any 2nd hand electrical store for one too.

Body check crashed for me twice already during a four player game but no crash during a two player game :s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

City Shrouded in Shadow is no longer getting a Vita release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Atlus has confirmed Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will be released outside of Japan.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/06/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-released-west/

Also Blue Reflection! So excited!
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/06/blue-reflection-heading-west-september/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Blue Reflection doesn't look creepy at all, no. Not one bit.

Atlus has confirmed Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will be released outside of Japan.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/06/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-released-west/

Also Blue Reflection! So excited!
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/06/blue-reflection-heading-west-september/

Never heard of "13 Sentinels" before. Very intrigued

(Also, great username. Although I was never too fond of that level.)

Borderline NSFW too :D

Never heard of "13 Sentinels" before. Very intrigued

(Also, great username. Although I was never too fond of that level.)

Borderline NSFW too :D
    Neither have I but in looking forward to it myself, hopefully we'll see more soon like a gameplay trailer.
    For the swimsuit DLC? Yeah I guess so, should I add it to the OP? Hopefully I can edit it.

I actually got dizzy watching it on Game Done Quick and I needed a new username I took it as a sign lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yeah it has a bit of get locked up in jail for even looking at it look about it.

Creepy doesn't cover it imo

• Advertisement

Yeah it has a bit of get locked up in jail for even looking at it look about it.

Just because of the swimsuit DLC or the style? I'm really not getting the vibe.

I got cladun yesterday,cool game but I'm stuck on the ch 2 boss already :S.

Creepy? It's very tame compared to other realeses that have came west, I am looking at you Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash.

Xenji wrote: »
    Creepy? It's very tame compared to other realeses that have came west, I am looking at you Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash.
    Or Galgun Double Peace?
    I was gonna say Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 but I forgot it didn't come over but it does have English language options.

Or Galgun Double Peace?

Now that was creepiness of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody ever buy a memory card off of Alibaba.com?

Most people will have already played it, but Undertale is coming to the Vita, it is actually a perfect fit for the system.

Xenji wrote: »
    Most people will have already played it, but Undertale is coming to the Vita, it is actually a perfect fit for the system.

I haven't so I might play it this way now the hype has died down a lot.

Decided too take a chance on spy hunter, got it for 20 amazon, worse game I've ever played, if you fail a mission they put you right back at the start, **** off with that :mad:.

Decided too take a chance on spy hunter, got it for 20 amazon, worse game I've ever played, if you fail a mission they put you right back at the start, **** off with that :mad:.
    That's an absolute balls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I see darkest dungeon and salt and sanctuary are both on sale at the moment, has anyone any played both. Are they good ports or worth playing

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I see darkest dungeon and salt and sanctuary are both on sale at the moment, has anyone any played both. Are they good ports or worth playing

Played both on the PC, so do not know how the porting went, but they are both very good games, Darkest Dungeon can be very difficult at first till you get the hang of the game mechanics but when it clicks its very addictive and Salt and Sanctuary was one of the best action rpgs of last year.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

They both play grand but DD is a couple of updates behind the p.c version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Played DD on the Vita on holidays.
    It's serviceable, but by christ make sure you download the update (I didn't) or it crashes everytime your inventory fills up.
    And the updates on PC you're missing are actually Nerfs for90% of the trinkets.
    I stopped playing the updated PC version cause they borked it.
    The DLC is out on August 22nd on PS4/Vita and it's cross play/cross save which is neat :)
    Also, it's one of the 20 best games I've ever played in 28 years of gaming

The DLC is out on August 22nd on PS4/Vita and it's cross play/cross save which is neat :)
    Also, it's one of the 20 best games I've ever played in 28 years of gaming

Is that latest DLC ? Crimson court?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is that latest DLC ? Crimson court?

Yup.
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/07/05/darkest-dungeon-the-crimson-court-has-a-ps4-release-date/
    I got it at Launch on PC (have the game on both), but it was imbalances as f**k so took a break while the iron it out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DD doesn't play that well on the Vita imo. Everything is so small and fiddly. There's also the added temptation to hurl the Vita into outer space when things don't go so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I liked it on Vita. I think you're probably right that everything is a bit small.

I love the mechanics in that game but I have to admit that I found it to be a serious grind. I think I put in around 15-20 hours and I left it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I ended up getting S&S and loving it. Can't wait to get stuck into it. I've beaten the first boss so that's progress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Playing Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition on PS4.

Not getting to play on the telly much at the moment so playing it remotely for the most part on the Vita and I have to say it plays really well.

Such an under-utilised function.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement