Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking Near Aviva

• 26-05-2017 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Would anyone know the nearest place to the Aviva to park for a quick getaway after the match tomorrow night?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Would anyone know the nearest place to the Aviva to park for a quick getaway after the match tomorrow night?

The roads around lower baggy street generally have loads of on street parking available and are at most a ten minute walk to the aviva

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

It'd be helpful to know where you're coming from/going to. We always use the car park at St Mary's Church of Ireland on Anglesea Rd. Reasonably cheap, secure and not too long a walk from the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

It'd be helpful to know where you're coming from/going to. We always use the car park at St Mary's Church of Ireland on Anglesea Rd. Reasonably cheap, secure and not too long a walk from the stadium.
    And belvo, or a dart station either way would be a good park and ride..

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Coming from shopping in town (not my idea) and then back to Limerick afterwards. Is the Church car park a paid car park for events & matches?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Coming from shopping in town (not my idea) and then back to Limerick afterwards. Is the Church car park a paid car park for events & matches?

Yeah it is and there's cricket club across the road that does the same. Both charge about €8 but I find it a bit easier to get in and of the church.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Haddington Road usually has plenty of spots if you're there in reasonable time
    About €2.90 an hour I think though so a bit pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm parking in Clongrifin Dart - Northside(probably still free to park) as my friend is coming down from Meath. Dart out there and back is handy. Prefer easier access to Northside stations than southside because the area to cross is less dense. The fact it's a Saturday afternoon crossing any part of Dublin will be a pain so North along the M50 is the lesser of the evils.

Third time driving to Dublin this week, hopefully today will be worth it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I don't think any DART carparks are free anymore so be careful there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Clongirffin is a bit of a special case. Operated by the management company of a once-stalled housing development. Used to be free, not sure if it still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Tried to park in St Mary's Church on Anglesea but left it too late. It had filled up so straight to Simmonscourt which was straight in

But the delay was getting from Simmonscourt over to Morehampton Road after.

Many thanks for all the tips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

sdanseo wrote: »
    Clongirffin is a bit of a special case. Operated by the management company of a once-stalled housing development. Used to be free, not sure if it still is.

Didn't really matter. I was stuck on M7 tailbacks when my friend arrived there and said it was closed for parking anyway so we drove to Malahide instead and got the Dart from there.

Advertisement