Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 5

• 22-05-2017 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So this trailer seems to back up the leaks from a few days ago.

Revolves around a religious cult in some part of Montana.

Sounds interesting but I hope they shake up the gameplay a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah the last few FC games have been very samey....primal was a good idea but same old same old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭Inviere

Is that the guitar riff from Firefly at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Inviere wrote: »

I was thinking Sons of Anarchy. Would love if it was a biker gang setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Far Cry 5: Waco

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

LOL was some guys face being used to toll the bell in the church?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah, GTA **** right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Interesting setting with definite potential, but yeah, not another cookie cutter Far Cry please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Interesting setting with definite potential, but yeah, not another cookie cutter Far Cry please.

Ubisoft Dev 1: Hmmm.... Everyone seems to be sick of climbing radio towers to reveal surrounding area, how will we change it up?

Ubisoft Dev 2: Church towers?

Ubisoft Dev 1: F**K YEAH! Nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

And please for the love of everything holy, NO FCUKING TOWERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

And please for the love of everything holy, NO FCUKING TOWERS!

They might have electricity pylons this time around.

Climb up an electricity pylon and get electrocuted - achievement/trophy unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Inviere wrote: »
    Don't think it's the exact one, but good God that's some set of ears you've got on you (10 secs in). :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DiWxcilWtU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Right...so modern day America....there should be NO NEED for fetch quests and all that crafting nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Right...so modern day America....there should be NO NEED for fetch quests and all that crafting nonsense

Far Cry does... farming and mining quests. They're not fetch quests, they're farming and mining in realistic, methodical, repetitive fashion.

Make Far Cry Great Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Cant wait to climb that gnarly church then glide off the top of it in a wingsuit all the while hunting an elephant with me ****ING BAZOOKA

Cant wait to climb that gnarly church then glide off the top of it in a wingsuit all the while hunting an elephant with me ****ING BAZOOKA

The wild Montanna elephant, the rarest of all animals.
    You probably have to kill and skin 6 of them to craft a skin for your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I was thinking Sons of Anarchy. Would love if it was a biker gang setting.

Yeah sounds like the opening riff to SoA alright. Which if they get something of that tone across in the game I'll be more than happy!

The wild Montanna elephant, the rarest of all animals.
    You probably have to kill and skin 6 of them to craft a skin for your car.

6 for a car skin?! No that's way too little. You need to kill and skin 6 Montanese Elephants for a new wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I genuinely don't see how they're going to make another Far Cry and make it feel new. I'm hoping i'm wrong, FC3 brought me so many good moments (Kicking the Hornets Next anyone!), FC4 was too much of the same, and like said above, Primal was the right move, but still too similar. If they change it up too much, it won't be a FC game. And if they're making substantial changes, why not call it something else?!

I genuinely don't see how they're going to make another Far Cry and make it feel new. I'm hoping i'm wrong, FC3 brought me so many good moments (Kicking the Hornets Next anyone!), FC4 was too much of the same, and like said above, Primal was the right move, but still too similar. If they change it up too much, it won't be a FC game. And if they're making substantial changes, why not call it something else?!

Cant expect anything new to come from Ubisoft to be honest. Once a game of theirs gets some traction on the market the goal is to repeat this to make as much money as possible, its a sad fact. I was so surprised they came out with For Honor to be honest. Great game but had to uninstall it until they address some of the balance issues with the "defensive meta"

Anyway yeah, **** Ubisoft. Taking a year off the Assassins Creed franchise to reinvent it with Assassins Creed: Egypt. I bet its the same ****ing game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm hoping for a vibe similar to something like the tv series 'banshee' , crazy carry on in a somewhat rural setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Cant expect anything new to come from Ubisoft to be honest.
    oxp12ahx-998474.jpg

Touché :pac:

I think they're gonna go back to the way of FarCry 2.
    Little to no crafting, more realistic. The ability to traverse the openness like FC3 and FC4 will be hard to get across as realistic in a modern day setting.

If they're setting you up as a cop, in a town, in Montanna they are going for something realistic.
    In FC3 and FC4 we kind of suspended disbelief, what with the drugs, and powers and fighting nightmares in your mind.
    You also had bicycle-copters , handgliders everywhere.

FC2 from memory didn't have much of that and it worked...but I hated it at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

FC2 from memory didn't have much of that and it worked...but I hated it at the same time.

It was the fact that you could clear an outpost of enemies, walk 100m down the road, and then come back to find they'd respawned that made me hate FC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I dont know how they are going to make it fresh but the tone of the teasers is excellent,so im very interested to see what comes out on friday..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It was the fact that you could clear an outpost of enemies, walk 100m down the road, and then come back to find they'd respawned that made me hate FC2.

Probably the biggest pain for me in FC2 was that there was no auto-save. You had to stop at a safe house to save the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

There is a whiff of fresh air in that trailer not so much with the setting but the tone of some of those kills, it looks like it might be leaning more on depowering the player for longer and having them on the run more perhaps? It's tiny, but that might be what the series needs, as the problem with both 3 and 4 is that the tables turn way too early.

One could hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm hoping for a vibe similar to something like the tv series 'banshee' , crazy carry on in a somewhat rural setting.

Thats the vibe I got from it, and I liked it, and I hope this is the case
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    There is a whiff of fresh air in that trailer not so much with the setting but the tone of some of those kills, it looks like it might be leaning more on depowering the player for longer and having them on the run more perhaps? It's tiny, but that might be what the series needs, as the problem with both 3 and 4 is that the tables turn way too early.

One could hope...

Early? Noooooooope

Well yeah, but that's not early. It's earlier than 90% of other games where you're conditioned to think you get all the cool stuff for the final few minutes

What way too many other games do, and what Far Cry 3 did well (I was "meh" on 4, enjoyable, but felt a bit bored of it fast) was have you be a weak, powerless peasant for a the 1st 3rd, a decent soldier by the 2nd 3rd a full fledged gun-toting warpath maniac for the entire last 3rd.

All other games are like, awesome job on the 1st 14 levels, here's the Rocket Launcher, Final Boss is right on through that door, have fun.

I will say that there were a few custom guns that turned Far Cry 4 into a Joke way too early on through (like the shredder?)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved Far Cry 3 but 4 bored the arse off me and I gave up on it half way through. Prehistoric far cry didn't look interesting to give a go but this could definitely peak my interest. Looking forward to hearing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Ubisoft going all out with the Marketing for this one:
    Republican candidate charged with assault after 'body-slamming' Guardian reporter
    Audio of Greg Gianforte attacking Ben Jacobs corroborated by Fox News journalists in the room, who described candidate ‘slamming him to the ground’

The Republican candidate for Montana’s congressional seat has been charged with misdemeanor assault after he is alleged to have slammed a Guardian reporter to the floor on the eve of the state’s special election, breaking his glasses and shouting, “Get the hell out of here.”

:D

Advertisement