Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW37 captain poll

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    Sanchez fatigue has to be considered IMO. 5x 90mins since April 23 and now another 2 games in close succession. He looked pretty banjaxed towards the end against Southampton. Still capable of scoring well but I'm going for a fresh Jesus with two handy home fixtures which I think he'll start both

Yeah I saw that, he was out on his feet at the end of the Southampton match. He's an incredibly fit player though and only 4 more matches of the season left for him before he can have a well-earned rest.

There are doubts with almost every premium player at the moment and nothing we can do really other than hope for the best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

247,000 people have dumped Lukaku. He's guaranteed to score about 4/5 goals now!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I've been agonising over Sanchez or Jesus all day, but I think I'm going to go with our lord and saviour.

Aguero it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Wilberto wrote: »
    247,000 people have dumped Lukaku. He's guaranteed to score about 4/5 goals now!! :pac:

As an Everton fan I can't see Rom not scoring to be honest.

He'll want to get that Golden boot. Increase his price. It's weather or not the Everton midfield show up to support him.

Team is on holidays the last few weeks since 7th was confirmed. Made a nice bit of dollar backing Swansea DNB last week.

Fancy us at home as we've a strong home record. Put not risking Lukaku in my FF :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Kept it on Jesus. Spent the last 15 minutes staring at my team on the screen and not doing anything. Paralysed with fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Went for Sanchez in the end because of the extra point for goal and the extra point for CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I went for Jesus . The only two leagues I have a chance of making money in all the lads I'm chasing have gone Sanchez capt so if Sanchez was to blank and Jesus TC runs amok I'll be in business. However I fully expect my man Sanchez to give me his number 1 fan a final kick in this headwreck of a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Once sanchez got the goal during the week I decided to leave it on him
    Alonso came into my thoughts but the fear of second game rotation was real !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

km79 wrote: »
    Once sanchez got the goal during the week I decided to leave it on him
    Alonso came into my thoughts but the fear of second game rotation was real !

Did I suggest Azpi instead?
    They used him as the dummy tonight.
    If I was in your stead he'd still have the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭larchielads

Forgot to play me triple captain lads im fcuking devastated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

That's rough. Who were you going to play?

It could be OK. Just pick the right Arsenal player in GW38 :p.

Walcott hat-trick 2 years ago.
    Giroud hat-trick last year.
    Welbeck this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

iroced wrote: »
    It could be OK. Just pick the right Arsenal player in GW38 :p.

Walcott hat-trick 2 years ago.
    Giroud hat-trick last year.
    Welbeck this year?

Sanchez, after blanking this week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭larchielads

That's rough. Who were you going to play?

Sanchez, im not far off the top of my league and the guy whos top made him triple captain. I did make him captain but forgot to play my chip

Sanchez, im not far off the top of my league and the guy whos top made him triple captain. I did make him captain but forgot to play my chip
    Well now that he got "injured" and may not play you may be on to something...

Well now that he got "injured" and may not play you may be on to something...

He's expected to play according to Wenger.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-injury-news-arsene-wenger-confident-alexis-sanchez-will-face-sunderland-despite-stoke-a3538501.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

If he is fit for sunderland it could be a huge score over the two games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I ended up using the random number generator on Google to decide. Gave me Sanchez. Thank you, randomness. Other options were Hazard, Jesus and Kane. On TC too.

I went for Jesus . The only two leagues I have a chance of making money in all the lads I'm chasing have gone Sanchez capt so if Sanchez was to blank and Jesus TC runs amok I'll be in business. However I fully expect my man Sanchez to give me his number 1 fan a final kick in this headwreck of a season.

Called it. Id have been 16 pts better off with the TC on Sanchez . It was a bit of a boo boo by me really as all the lads I'm chasing didn't have the TC. 8 years playing this game and still capable of making bad mistakes.

Called it. Id have been 16 pts better off with the TC on Sanchez . It was a bit of a boo boo by me really as all the lads I'm chasing didn't have the TC. 8 years playing this game and still capable of making bad mistakes.

I feel for ya Busts. Like you said you had to make a brave call and TCing Jesus offered you a way of making up points on Sanchez with very little to separate them before the GW began. I wouldn't call it a bad mistake as there's clear logic behind the decision you made, you just came out the wrong end that's all.

• Advertisement

@ Busts: As much as it feels crap right now, how much would those 16 points have impacted your leagues though? Was under the impression you had a much larger gap to recover and you needed something closer to Jesus getting the 25 pointer while Sanchez wasn't reaching double figure?

@ Busts: As much as it feels crap right now, how much would those 16 points have impacted your leagues though? Was under the impression you had a much larger gap to recover and you needed something closer to Jesus getting the 25 pointer while Sanchez wasn't reaching double figure?
    It would have sent me top of my work league which is only small money but still and 2nd in a league with a 400 payout . I approached it wrong really as I had Jesus as a differential on some and then the added bonus of a TC on Sanchez as opposed to a normal captain for all the others.

It would have sent me top of my work league which is only small money but still and 2nd in a league with a 400 payout . I approached it wrong really as I had Jesus as a differential on some and then the added bonus of a TC on Sanchez as opposed to a normal captain for all the others.
    Ah right... sh*te :(. Don't know why I thought you were trailing by a lot more and needing a much bigger differential than the actual one between Sanchez & Jesus.

Advertisement