Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this legal ?

• 12-05-2017 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Posting this on iPhone so not sure if the image shows in thread or as attachment.

Context: I was driving on daily commute home around Red Cow / m50 interchange. Car in photo had hazards blinking, was swerving in and out of traffic and riding the ass of cars infront, drove in the bus lane most of the way beside me. When stopped at traffic lights I pulled up aside and the individual inside looked very casual, with headphones in and appeared to be having a conversation on his phone. Didn't look in any way affiliated with " emergency medical deliveries "

Question: is this legal? Ive never seen this before. My understanding is that you must be an approved emergency services vehicle and display blue lights, appropriate affixed decals etc.

I could be wrong and I'm just speculating, but it looked like he was avoiding the rush hour traffic to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Id be skeptical too.

Put in a traffic watch report for erratic driving. If he's legit the Garda that visits him will establish that quickly, if not he'll have some answering to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

If he stopped at the lights then he knows himself he had no authority or legal reason to drive the way he did.

However, weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating and bus lane usage are very common traits on our roads unless it was very iratic in which case it could be classed as careless driving.

No harm in reporting it. Could be someone with Garda love syndrome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I would doubt it! Usually in the case of blood donations you have the
    motor cyclists in high vis' with all the necessary markings. I think in
    some cases with organ donations a helicopter may be used but as already
    suggested I would report this. It doesn't look right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

Looks dodgy to me wonder is his name Walter

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Can someone post the picture from op, the jpeg won't open for me. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

It would usually be those Blood Bikes or an ambulance for an emergency medical delivery. There's nothing legit looking about that. But I've been wrong before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

wexfjord wrote: »
    Can someone post the picture from op, the jpeg won't open for me. Cheers.

417197.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Oh I'd love to be a Guard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Organ transplant candidate.

Needs brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some fella chancing his arm in his private car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Could be an emergency delivery without him legally being able or being trained to drive like a mad man.

What dash cam are you using? The quality is excellent.

Advertisement