Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW37 captain poll

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

pj12332 wrote: »
    I had Sanchez in this week as Captain. Lucky to get that goal to be fair. Only scored one in 7 and not playing well in new system. Away to stoke difficult too. I've subbed him out and put in KDB. Can't get the two in. So one or the other. KDB most assists in pl, can score goals too obviously! Great game the other day and city playing well now. Also two home games and bound to be goals with Leicester. No brainer for me. TRIPLE CAPTAIN!

The second choices for City are far better though, so Sanchez plus Jesus/Sane is far better than KDB plus Ox/Giroud etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Jesus. Costa vice. Gonna get Jesus in for Rom.
    So I expect Rom to score big!

• Finding it hard to choose between 5 players and can make a case for 8. Season defining moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

After Kane letting me down last week, I am going to....put the armband back on Kane. I think he will give 100% until end of season and has a United side at home who don't care about the league anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

sheroman01 wrote: »
    After Kane letting me down last week, I am going to....put the armband back on Kane. I think he will give 100% until end of season and has a United side at home who don't care about the league anymore.

They looked like they didn't care about the Europa last night, don't mind the spin , the truth is united are an incredibly average side without Ibra, and only marginally better than average with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

danganabu wrote: »
    They looked like they didn't care about the Europa last night, don't mind the spin , the truth is united are an incredibly average side without Ibra, and only marginally better than average with him.

Well....either way I will be happy with a Kane hat-trick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm going to stick with Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

spock. wrote: »
    I'm going to stick with Sanchez.

Leaning towards him now too. Being nailed on for 180 minutes could be a big advantage in itself this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Leaning towards him now too. Being nailed on for 180 minutes could be a big advantage in itself this week.

And those extra points for goals and clean sheets add up.
    Sanchez can get 14 points in a dgw with one goal.
    A forward can get a maximum of 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

spock. wrote: »
    And those extra points for goals and clean sheets add up.
    Sanchez can get 14 points in a dgw with one goal.
    A forward can get a maximum of 11.

great way of looking at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Out of interest I went back to look at Spurs 2 results after they drew with Chelsea and lost the chance of winning the league last season.

2 defeats, 2-1 by Southampton and then a final day hammering by relegated Newcastle, 5-1. Not sure whether to expect a repeat or expect them to learn from this and do the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dammit....came in here with the armband on Sanchez but getting seriously tempted by Jesus....was hoping for a bunch of logical, well-written posts about why Jesus is clearly the better option...but the last few pro-Sanchez posts are very hard to argue with tbh :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Dammit....came in here with the armband on Sanchez but getting seriously tempted by Jesus....was hoping for a bunch of logical, well-written posts about why Jesus is clearly the better option...but the last few pro-Sanchez posts are very hard to argue with tbh :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sanchez scored with his only shot on target in the two games. Arsenal haven't won at Stoke since 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Cartman78 wrote: »

Excuse me sir, do you have a minute to talk about Jesus?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

elefant wrote: »
    Excuse me sir, do you have a minute to talk about Jesus?

Haha....I'm sitting at my desk at work and about 98% of my current brain power is focused on Jesus vs Sanchez and a virtual armband in a Fantasy online game that I am doing relatively badly in :D

What a time to be alive!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Going with Kane, seems to be a bit of a differential.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I cant even. Sanchez, Kane, Hazard, Jesus, Sane. I'll end up waiting until 5 minutes from the deadline and take it off the player who ends up going on a mad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Jesus all week. Sanchez now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

Sanchez for me guaranteed 2 games, Jesus might not be as Kun is available, Costa/Hazard might not play 2 games, KDB I don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

patmac wrote: »
    Sanchez for me guaranteed 2 games, Jesus might not be as Kun is available, Costa/Hazard might not play 2 games, KDB I don't have.

Is he though if results go a certain way he may not play against Sunderland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jesus. If ever I wanted you to rise again, it will be now.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Jesus all week. Sanchez now :)
    Exact opposite for me

Sanchez all week. Jesus now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sanchez trip cap to hopefully turn a decent season into a terrific season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Exact opposite for me

Sanchez all week. Jesus now.....

Why so?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Has to be Kdb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sanchez, done.

And I'm not changing my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sanchez fatigue has to be considered IMO. 5x 90mins since April 23 and now another 2 games in close succession. He looked pretty banjaxed towards the end against Southampton. Still capable of scoring well but I'm going for a fresh Jesus with two handy home fixtures which I think he'll start both

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sanchez

It came down to him or Jesus, but decision made!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

On Sane at moment. Jesus otherwise.

Seeing as certain spoil sports won't let me get Aguero. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    On Sane at moment. Jesus otherwise.

Seeing as certain spoil sports won't let me get Aguero. :mad:

:)*

*Note: This is previous season Mr.P giving you some hope. Live your dreams. Although current Mr.P agrees against the risk. Pep ain't to be trusted with Sergio.

Advertisement