Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW37 captain poll

Options
  • 10-05-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭

It's the biggest GW of the year, with a plethora of choices. Who are you going for?

Who are you captaining in GW37? 155 votes

Jesus LEI/WBA
    0% 0 votes
    Aguero LEI/WBA
    27% 42 votes
    KDB LEI/WBA
    2% 4 votes
    Hazard wba/WAT
    11% 18 votes
    Costa wba/WAT
    3% 6 votes
    Alonso wba/WAT
    12% 20 votes
    Sanches sto/SUN
    0% 1 vote
    Kane MUN/lei
    35% 55 votes
    Lukaku WAT
    5% 9 votes
    King BUR
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Torn between Sanchez and Jesus for triple captain. Unsure if Jesus will start both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It's the biggest GW of the year, with a plethora of choices. Who are you going for?

poll to follow

On Jesus atm. Was very lively at the weekend, and 2 home fixtures against 2 teams with nothing to play for. Sanchez vc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

manual_man wrote: »
    On Jesus atm. Was very lively at the weekend, and 2 home fixtures against 2 teams with nothing to play for. Sanchez vc

He only got one assist, though, and that's putting me off him. I have it on Haz but his non-show on Monday is also worrying. In fact there are reasons to avoid all the main candidates! (form, motivation, rotation, towels on deckchairs)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Has to be a Man City player for me, playing great football at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

It's on Kane at the moment.
    Gauranteed to play both games, pens, last game at WHL, Utd focused on Europa League.

May switch to Jesus or Sanchez, going to be a tough decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Hard to see Kane not returning any points in three games in a row. Think he can guarantee you 9/10 points if that's what would suffice for you in your mini leagues. Let's not write him off after one match. Might just go for him over Alexis. Can't really pick Hazard over rotation worry and Jesus looked pretty quiet the other day. Kane guaranteed 180 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

He only got one assist, though, and that's putting me off him. I have it on Haz but his non-show on Monday is also worrying. In fact there are reasons to avoid all the main candidates! (form, motivation, rotation, towels on deckchairs)

Unlucky not to get more than an assist though. I fancy Jesus will start both games. Sanchez probably too (though all these games in quick succession and Sanchez looking fatigued towards the end tonight has me a bit worried). Haz may well be rested for the 2nd game if they win the first and have the league wrapped up, so am not considering him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

It's an odd scenario to be in where Sanchez has away to Stoke and home to Sunderland and I am contemplating not giving him the armband. On Jesus at the moment but may change yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ah God my head hurts already. Ask me Friday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

On triple captain. Have Kane, Sanchez, Jesus, Hazard. Head is already melted

• Advertisement

Can Alonso get 2 clean sheets and nick a goal ?

He did let me down the one and only time I've captained him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

I had Sanchez in this week as Captain. Lucky to get that goal to be fair. Only scored one in 7 and not playing well in new system. Away to stoke difficult too. I've subbed him out and put in KDB. Can't get the two in. So one or the other. KDB most assists in pl, can score goals too obviously! Great game the other day and city playing well now. Also two home games and bound to be goals with Leicester. No brainer for me. TRIPLE CAPTAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tough choice between Hazard, Jesus, Sanchez and Kane for me(on BB). Tempted by Kane as I can see:
    • Hazard rested Monday if they win Friday 
    • Can only see Jesus starting 1 game and Aguero the other since he's just back from injury 
    • Sanchez seems to be on holidays already

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Sanchez/Costa/Jesus for me

- Will Costa be arsed to turn up?
    - Sanchez to play his way out of Arsenal?
    - Will Jesus start both games?

Decisions, decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Tough choice between Hazard, Jesus, Sanchez and Kane for me(on BB). Tempted by Kane as I can see:
    • Can only see Jesus starting 1 game and Aguero the other since he's just back from injury 

14 point haul from his DGW

Not having him cost me big time this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

threein99 wrote: »

3 goals and 1 assist in his last 10 games, at 11.6m, I'd say not having him has also gained you points in this time. Despite last night, I am happy to have got rid of him a few weeks back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Very lucky 14 point haul. 2 of them came from clean sheets. The rest as a result of scraping 1 goal out of 180mins of playing badly. Attacking involvement poor.

He's probably done just about enough to put me off selling. He's a risky captain. Could easily deliver big points or end up walking about on the left touchline and getting 2 x 2 pointers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

FHFC wrote: »
    Very lucky 14 point haul. 2 of them came from clean sheets. The rest as a result of scraping 1 goal out of 180mins of playing badly. Attacking involvement poor.

He's probably done just about enough to put me off selling. He's a risky captain. Could easily deliver big points or end up walking about on the left touchline and getting 2 x 2 pointers.

True, but its cost me top spot in a paid league so I cant afford not to have him again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

True but playing very badly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭LostArt

Probably gonna have to take a punt on De Bruyne, my main rival is 15 points ahead of me and almost certainly won't have him.

• Advertisement

KDB

Only man with 2 home games
    Cracking game last week
    City playing well
    Should start both games
    City have champo league to play for
    TRIPLE CAPTAIN
    Haha :)

Easy solution

Sub in KDB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

FHFC wrote: »

While his not playing well is definitely a concern, Arsenal are in the hunt for an unlikely top 4 spot so surely he'll be all guns blazing with that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

This may be the most difficult captain choice I ever had to face since I started playing 6/7 years ago!

It's THE big DGW of the season with 5 teams of the top6 involved! That is all the big guns/premium players are very decent captain choices this GW. So it could be kinda double quintuple or quits.
    And it's a TC GW for many of us!

BUT. But, but...

Let's start from the top.
    - Chelsea. Hazard, Costa, Pedro, Fabregas are good candidates. The latter 2 more as punts. But if Chelsea win tomorrow evening, they are champions, season is over. So you'd rely on a great perf from your captain in the first game!

- Spurs. Kane, Alli, Eriksen. But again if Chelsea win tomorrow evening, their dream of getting champion ends for the second year in a row. How will they swallow it? Top3 spot is almost secured so they'd have nothing left to play for.

- City. Agüero? Jesus, KDB, Sané... Top 4 is not secured. So they have to go for it! But will Agûero be fit enough to play both games? Will Jesus play both too if Kun is effectively back? Won't Sané get rotated? It seems the best candidate is KDB.

- Arsenal. Sanchez, Ozil... Same than City. Even worse. So they have to "over"-go for it! But despite their latest wins, they're poor. And if they lose the first game, chances are they won't bother very much for the second.

- MU. Top4 not safe. But they look like prioritising Europa League. So I don't see any viable captain in their team bar maybe DDG. United have 2 away games. Will Mourinho park the bus hoping for a lucky break to steal a win? A draw would probably end their chances of a top4 finish. Anyway, too much uncertainty over their players for a DGW captaincy. So for a DGW TC it's a no for me!

Then you have the smaller teams. The only one with a little bit to play for is Watford. They need 1 pt to absolutely secure safety. But Watford have horrible fixtures.

Conclusion. KDB the best option as of my current analysis.

Nota. KDB is the only big gun I do not own :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tight between Sanchez and Jesus.

You'd have to lean towards Sanchez for extra points for goals/clean sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Aguero being fit again might mean Pep will rotate Jesus and Aguero. Played the 2 up front against Middlesbrough but it didnt work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Morgan and probably huth out for city game ........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Already have 3 x City so would take a fairly big overhaul and hits to get KDB in.....so it boils down to Sanchez or Jesus for me.

Aguero being back in contention could limit Jesus so Sanchez it is I think.

Stoke away could make it awkward if they're bothered I guess but surely even a half-arsed Arsenal/Sanchez will totally annihilate Sunderland at home.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

km79 wrote: »
    Morgan and probably huth out for city game ........

Sanchez > KDB for a -4 is tempting..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I've a feeling Sane may be the one to own this week.

KDB is generally not playing in the attacking 3 mid spots. His returns before last weekend were poor. 2 double digits in the last 15 or 16 GWs. 1 goal and around 6 assists.

Sane was very lively vs Palace, I was gutted and felt very unlucky to get nothing from him in that game.

Considering him or Jesus for the armband. Sanchez could do well but his form worries me. Arsenal are awful too.

Advertisement