Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Had decent success with Pallindrome and Zhlao Supercell but it really improved for me when i got the B29 Party Favour from the crucible vendor.

EDIT: Actually done with IB now,got my main to 3 just to get some infusion fuel and took an alt to rank 5 for the quests rewards and the book. Did the weekly crucible bounties during too so got some decent loots. The hand cannon and pulse weeklies ending up being handier than i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Think this was the first IB I played since the weapon patch
    - Monte Carlo's frigging awesome. Ended up with 35% of my kills
    - Grenades seem weaker probably 'cos I was using bladedancer / skips as my main but even swarms didn't seem as good. Still accounted for 10% of my kills
    - 25% of kills came from supers (seems high) They spend all their time nerfing guns and let stuff like this stay in :)
    - positive kdr overall and 62% win ration is good for me
    - definitely used a lot more guns, Monte Carlo aside. Previously the Havoc Pigeon dominated but hardly used it this time round
    - IB guns are great

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Definitely felt the Sidearm Ammo Nerf (Outlaw on my Trusty HP being far less useful in PvP now) but still managed to end up around my usual K/D and W/L ratios. Had a bad ole start to the week but recovered fairly well

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/GenericDreadhead?mode=5&startDate=2017-04-11&endDate=2017-04-18&characterId=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Ran exclusively on Titan. Reached Rank 1.5. Got an Arc Shotgun with some sort 25% bonus damage/life perk nonsense. Dismantled but was then disappointed because my marks and glimmer were maxed so I only got weapon parts.

Had to work the bank holiday weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ran my titan to 5, no problems.
    Ran my Warlock to rank 5, (Only unlocked self res during Sunday and man did I have fun. The titan running past me with hammers and getting Slapped to death by me had me in stitches for ages).

Ran my hunter....... averaged 0.25 K/D and logged off :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I got my Warlock to rank 5 for the book and then ran the other 2 characters to finish off the weekly control bounties. The amount of times I got frontier or black shield as maps yesterday was insane. I'd say 80% of the the games I played were on those 2 maps.

Got Rusted Lands mostly, which is good.
    Got all three to level 5. The alt buff must be spectacular as the Warlock got there with 2 bounties to spare and the Titan with one

• Registered Users Posts: 44,883 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My worst Iron Banner since year 1 I reckon.

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    30 63 832 373 616 1.35 1.96 47.62%

So many games I just outright stank up, worst player in the game/team.

Yeah, and you weren't half a Moaning Michael about it :P

Yeah, and you weren't half a Moaning Michael about it :P

Yep. I was frustrated as fook last night, especially those last few Titan match. Was coming off the back of some great games on my warlock - then bang "You've forgotten who to computer game.... DERP"

• Advertisement

Yeah, but I'm not just referencing last night :pac:

Yeah, but I'm not just referencing last night :pac:

Dunno what you are talking about so. I was a ray of fecking sunshine every other night like I always am.

Dunno what you are talking about so. I was a ray of fecking sunshine every other night like I always am.

Yeah, that was when we were playing OW though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Was playing alone and got to within 1 win of level 5, proceeded to lose 8 games in a row despite being top of my team in 6 (?) of them and getting 3 objectively correct medals (as in I wasn't just playing for kills!). Incredibly frustrating. Forgot how poor Destiny is without at least 1 other person in your party.

First time playing in a while and I am enjoying the meta, the change to sidearm ammo has made a significant difference and the game feels quite varied. Still think primaries are too weak for the map design/movement, too easy to get to cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,044 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Got all chars to rank 5 so happy enough just with that.

35 wins out of 70 games. Was on a ten game winning streak at one stage. Enjoyable enough IB

• Registered Users Posts: 25,044 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Stormcaller and Sunbreaker are coming into my rotation. Bladedancer can stay.

Handy for anyone trying to finish off the crucible class quests.

nevelator wrote: »

hand-up.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Except the sun singer one, that will still be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Stormcaller and Sunbreaker are coming into my rotation. Bladedancer can stay.

Nah. Juggernaut Striker Titan with Dunemarchers and Memory of Jolser.

F*** that.

F*** that.

Being Nova-bombed to oblivion and back doesn't do it for you?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Being Nova-bombed to oblivion and back doesn't do it for you?

Or the team of blinding bubble titans trying to lock down an area - like the A room on rusted lands.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

And ill still be flinging hammers all over the place :D

Or the team of blinding bubble titans trying to lock down an area - like the A room on rusted lands.

Split nova bomb does a lovely job on the bubble and anyone standing near or in it :)

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Split nova bomb does a lovely job on the bubble and anyone standing near or in it :)

Not as effective on 4/5/6 bubbles on top of each other though. The Bubble trains are so anti-fun it's unreal. 6 Stormcallers with Electrostatic mind is at the other end of the spectrum. Even in mayhem modes, you'll have your super faster than the other team.

Mayhem as a Nightstalker is Destiny Fun Police time.

I would say the least effective Supers in Mayhem would be Bladedancer and Sunsinger

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tazzimus wrote: »

Stormcaller with landfall does better, bursts the bubble killing all inside then you can force lightning any that escape.

• Advertisement

Not as effective on 4/5/6 bubbles on top of each other though. The Bubble trains are so anti-fun it's unreal. 6 Stormcallers with Electrostatic mind is at the other end of the spectrum. Even in mayhem modes, you'll have your super faster than the other team.

Mayhem as a Nightstalker is Destiny Fun Police time.

I would say the least effective Supers in Mayhem would be Bladedancer and Sunsinger

I've yet to be that lucky to come across stacked bubbles :)
    Nightstalker is a nightmare, tethers all over the shop

Advertisement