Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Akuma Matata is so accurate.

I wonder who the silhouettes at the end could be.

I'm actually pretty sure they're the same images as used on some of the CFN profiles. I've seen some pics on twitter and it looks pretty convincing.

If they're true not one of them is an old character!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I'm actually pretty sure they're the same images as used on some of the CFN profiles. I've seen some pics on twitter and it looks pretty convincing.

If they're true not one of them is an old character!

I wonder who they could be then. I would be surprised if they're all brand new characters. I was expecting Abel and C.Viper due to their appearances in Character story modes [and the Cinematic one for Abel]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If there's anything Street Fighter needs it's another Japanese schoolgirl.

If there's anything Street Fighter needs it's another Japanese schoolgirl.

Apparently the art that guess is made on is actually fan art...

• Advertisement

It least they actually released full patch notes this time, but who thought Ryu needed an extra frame of advantage on st.MP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Looks like they've done some start up increasing of most moves. These big slow stupid normals are just as much an impediment to a healthy footsie game as the input lag is. I'm surprised people never bring this up when mentioning how the game has neutered footsies. It's not just the input lag, but also these stupid slow normals, and now they are even slower.

Pre-emptive pressing and set-play based footsies.

V3AurW2.png

• Advertisement

Ah, more whinging about SFV, I don't get to see enough about that on Facebook :D

Kolin/ Helen available now.

Interesting addition to the canon: Guile's boss is called Taylor and they were involved in a war in Kolin's homeland.

Kolin/ Helen available now.

Interesting addition to the canon: Guile's boss is called Taylor and they were involved in a war in Kolin's homeland.

I don't think Guile and Taylor were involved in the war that destroyed her home. I have a feeling it was the US since the flags Kolin's army were flying looked like the Soviet Union flags. Though it could have just been a No particular war.

Guile just happened upon her while he was searching for Charlie.

Really liking Kolin so far.

Could be a new main.

Also her V-Skill may just be the Survival mode killer.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I don't think Guile and Taylor were involved in the war that destroyed her home. I have a feeling it was the US since the flags Kolin's army were flying looked like the Soviet Union flags. Though it could have just been a No particular war.

Guile just happened upon her while he was searching for Charlie.

I probably wrote that a bit wrong, I didn't mean they were part of the war, more they were there while the war was ongoing.

The script of her story is hilarious...

Guile: Hi, sorry, have you seen my friend? I think he might have been around here.

Kolin: Could you please be quiet, my baby brother is sleeping.

Guile: Sure, sorry.

Kolin: I KILL YOU

She asked him to be quiet, but brush head just kept talking.

She asked him to be quiet, but brush head just kept talking.

He did keep say "I promise to be quiet" :D

I assume what they were very unclearly reaching for is Kolin's little brother died in the war and Guile disturbed his grave accidentally?

He did keep say "I promise to be quiet" :D

I assume what they were very unclearly reaching for is Kolin's little brother died in the war and Guile disturbed his grave accidentally?

I think having a fight on that spot disturbs a grave more than a guy wandering through does. She clearly didn't want him going into the cave where she was keeping Nash's body.

I probably wrote that a bit wrong, I didn't mean they were part of the war, more they were there while the war was ongoing.

The script of her story is hilarious...

Guile: Hi, sorry, have you seen my friend? I think he might have been around here.

Kolin: Could you please be quiet, my baby brother is sleeping.

Guile: Sure, sorry.

Kolin: I KILL YOU

No problem Doc. Yeah she is definitely bipolar or something. She flipped like that even in the cinematic story.

Story of SFV is a mess, if you try to analyse you may give yourself brain damage :pac:

• Advertisement

It's no more of a mess than any fighting game's story.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Story of SFV is a mess, if you try to analyse you may give yourself brain damage :pac:

The nuttiness of the Street Fighter canon is one of the things I like the most about it!

If people haven't been watching Final Round XX, I suggest you do tonight. There's been shocks, super high level play, and hype moments.

https://twitter.com/BigBoss_DP/status/840735945553002497

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Personality related rather than the game, but BBC did a segment on Ricki Ortiz, gender identity, and the gaming community's help with her transition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/7daedcfe-c674-4a97-8a1f-0c6185db14cd

🤪

Reduced loading times and faster matching making incoming for SFV.

Hopefully it all works out, sometimes you just wanna beat a few people up for half an hour, you know?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/03/23/a-new-cfn-is-coming-your-way

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/05/01/capcom-fighters-network-beta-2-coming-to-ps4-and-pc-may-11-14

New beta coming, available to everyone (including people who've not bought the game) and including the new "mystery" character (Ed, unless Capcom are pulling a swerve).

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

ED OF NAILS
    ED OF NAILS
    I'LL DRIVE YOU LIKE A HAMMER ON AN ED OF NAILS

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    ED OF NAILS
    ED OF NAILS
    I'LL DRIVE YOU LIKE A HAMMER ON AN ED OF NAILS

It appears I am a lover and you are a fighter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/05/01/capcom-fighters-network-beta-2-coming-to-ps4-and-pc-may-11-14

New beta coming, available to everyone (including people who've not bought the game) and including the new "mystery" character (Ed, unless Capcom are pulling a swerve).

I was nearly curious, but are the betas exclusively online versus modes; with all the other content locked away; or will we be able to try story and training mode etc?

• Advertisement

I was nearly curious, but are the betas exclusively online versus modes; with all the other content locked away; or will we be able to try story and training mode etc?

I assume not.

TBH if you're interested in the story mode just watch it on YouTube. Playing it is not very challenging, it's fun if you are a fan of the characters though.

Advertisement