Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

June intake

• 27-04-2017 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Thought I'd open this up. Obviously no dates or anything. A place to find out who will be in the intake and any questions etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnnyUtah17

First time replying on this, But i'll be in the intake with yourself.. everyone ready for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

I think it will be a lot of fun. I've done the training before but that was quite a long time ago so it must be a bit different.

Will be a nice 23 weeks. Praying district allocation is reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 SB430

I'm in too can't wait! District allocation seems like a lottery with some of the other intakes getting 150mile round trips!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KittyKat17

I'm on this one too!! So excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnnyUtah17

SB430 wrote: »
    I'm in too can't wait! District allocation seems like a lottery with some of the other intakes getting 150mile round trips!
    Definatly a lottery, but its worth it. Just itching to get started now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alphaquebec4

I'm in this intake myself. Cya all there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Not in but just wanted to say good luck to those who are :D

Hopefully I'll not be too far behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AfterEight0

I've got a backup place for June so I'll see you all soon at the induction!
    It's all starting to get very real now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

Hey Guys,
    This may seem like a daft question, but is this intake still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

I would like to think so! To be honest a lot of the people starting in June will have handed notices of resignation go their current employers. It would not be entirely appropriate for them all to be told they not longer had a position and it would certainly have been communicated by now.
    I know some people have just received a call for the September intake.
    What made you ask the question?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

I would like to think so! To be honest a lot of the people starting in June will have handed notices of resignation go their current employers. It would not be entirely appropriate for them all to be told they not longer had a position and it would certainly have been communicated by now.
    I know some people have just received a call for the September intake.
    What made you ask the question?

Apologies if this startled anyone haha! My question spawned mainly because of the September intake being announced. This made me assume that no summer intakes were going ahead, but with a bit of reading into it I think it is July and August not going ahead due to the passing out of the intakes currently in / coming into GV!

False alarm folks!

Advertisement