Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW35 Matchday Thread. Squeaky bum time, it's getting interesting. 3pm teams in op

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Remembering who took me to the dance.

Sergio El Capitán.

Out: Lukaku, Negredo
    In: Aguero, Kane

Going back to more sensible play with premium players after my Negredo(C) punt crippled me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Feeling cool rolling the FT. :pac:

DDG (Valdez)
    Alonso Blind Cedric/Bavies (Randall)
    Coutinho Sane Pedro Tadic Alli
    Kun (c) Kane (Negredo)

Good Luck guys.

Hoping Romero doesn't get a sharpener before EL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

No hits!
    DDG
    Walker, Bertrand, Bailly,
    King(vc), Pedro, Alli, Redmond,
    Costa, Gabbi(c), Lukaku

Heaton, Lanzini, Stones, Gibson

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rashers captain

Pickford
    Bavies Alonso Berty
    Alli Eriksen Tadic Sanchez
    Rashers Costa Lukaku

Jak Sané Holgate Fernández

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

No hits...they're in the post though.

Caballero

Damian Bavies Alonso

King (C) Sanchez Alli Sane

Benteke Lukaku Kane

(Pickford, Holgate, Zaha,Yoshida)

Not yet 100% locked on King captain...hoping that a freescoring and swashbuckling Bournemouth will put Sunderland to the sword

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    Rashers captain

Pickford
    Bavies Alonso Berty
    Alli Eriksen Tadic Sanchez
    Rashers Costa Lukaku

Jak Sané Holgate Fernández

I wouldn't captain rashford fair chance he won't start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Jaku
    Alonso Kompany Bailly Brunt
    Hazard Alli King Zaha
    Aguero(c) Kane

Busy day for me so I'm trying the MOTD challenge for the first time ever.
    A screamer from Brunt in his last week in my team would be so sweet....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I think this one is fairly obvious but just want to double check.

Who to bench out of these 3.

Lukaku (Chelsea at home - league's top scorer & Chelsea haven't kept many clean sheets lately)

Sane (boro away - slight rotation risk but if he plays could easily rack up 10+)

Zaha (burnley at home - not done much since those 2 assists he slipped for but it is only burnley)

I have Zaha benched. That's the correct call isn't it? I hadn't really thought about it too much but was then figuring lukaku isn't likely to score more than 1 goal, 2 maximum. Whereas palace could put in another 3 or 4 goals today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

De Gea

Cedric Yoshida Valencia

Sane Sanchez Zaha Alli Erisksen

Kane (c) Rashford

Subs: Robertson, Baines, Llorente

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Hogey007 wrote: »

Lukaku (Chelsea at home - league's top scorer & Chelsea haven't kept many clean sheets lately)

Sane (boro away - slight rotation risk but if he plays could easily rack up 10+)

Zaha (burnley at home - not done much since those 2 assists he slipped for but it is only burnley)

I have Zaha benched. That's the correct call isn't it? I hadn't really thought about it too much but was then figuring lukaku isn't likely to score more than 1 goal, 2 maximum. Whereas palace could put in another 3 or 4 goals today.

I'd actually bench Lukaku. He has a poor record against the top clubs. I watched Everton against West Ham last week and they were truly awful from an attacking perspective. They don't have much to play for while Chelsea are fully focused on the title. I sold him for Kun this week cos only a win for boro will suffice so they're bound to leave lots of gaps in defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

DDG
    Alonso, Davies, Yoshida
    Sanchez, Alli, Sane, Siggy
    Lukaku, Gabbiadini, Aguero (c)

Pickford, Holgate, Tom Carroll, Chambers

No hits. Sticking with Siggy, if Swansea are going to avoid the drop he will surely have to be involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Going on form Zaha is right call but as you say Lukaku most likely won't have a goal fest whereas Palace could easily get 4. But isn't the quote "form over fixtures" I would bench Zaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Bench Alli or King?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ddg
    Yoshida Alonso Davies
    Eriksen alli siggy Sanchez
    Gabbadini benteke lukaku
    On a -4 benteke captain

I'd actually bench Lukaku. He has a poor record against the top clubs. I watched Everton against West Ham last week and they were truly awful from an attacking perspective. They don't have much to play for while Chelsea are fully focused on the title. I sold him for Kun this week cos only a win for boro will suffice so they're bound to leave lots of gaps in defence.
    Going on form Zaha is right call but as you say Lukaku most likely won't have a goal fest whereas Palace could easily get 4. But isn't the quote "form over fixtures" I would bench Zaha.

It's a tough one. Even there I've got 2 different answers and both make good points.
    I guess there is no real correct choice, it's going to be a call that could go eitherway.
    A lot more people around me own lukaku (or at least did up til this gameweek) so I wouldn't get as badly punished if I went with lukaku and he blanked but zaha did well. On the other hand I'm chasing a bit now and need to take a risk or 2, I can't see myself getting severely punished if I don't play lukaku (he's not going to get a hat trick) so in my current situation of chasing I'm leaning towards zaha.
    If I was leading I'd play it safe with lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pickford
    Bailly Bertrand Kelly
    Sanchez Eriksen King Tadic
    Kane Lukaku Benteke

Jak Fuchs Grosicki Mawson

Had a dream Pickford didn't play. Take from that what you will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Officer999

I'm in a similar position and have dropped Zaha. It's a tough one though, Lukaku's home form has been fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Same, Zaha or King, need to bench one.

Looking like Zaha for now as King could hit a double digits score vs Sunderland. Sane could be rested but heard nothing bar FSA rumours on that though he did look wrecked the other night.

dahat wrote: »
    Same, Zaha or King, need to bench one.

Looking like Zaha for now as King could hit a double digits score vs Sunderland. Sane could be rested but heard nothing bar FSA rumours on that though he did look wrecked the other night.

I'd def play king over zaha in your position. King has the form & the fixture.
    The fear of a 1 pointer from sane off the bench is very small in my opinion but feck knows with pep, he's liable to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Foster

Alonso Davies Yoshida

Alli Sane Siggy Zaha

Aguero (c) Benteke Rashford

Tempted to take Zaha out for King for -4 would it be worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'd def play king over zaha in your position. King has the form & the fixture.
    The fear of a 1 pointer from sane off the bench is very small in my opinion but feck knows with pep, he's liable to do anything.

King is the correct call the more I look at it and as far as Sane goes I guess that's the risk with City players now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

For all those with king as part of a benching dilemma.........He shouldn't be in the conversation. He has brilliant form, on pens and is playing Sunderland???????
    Ignore price.
    Sanchez would be in my thinking before king at this point
    4 gameweeks left and king is playing them all for me as it stands
    He has become a play and forget player

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Valencia pva yoshida vertonghen

Play 3
    I'm currently playing first 3
    Mourinho may make the decision for me BUT Valencia won't be left out of squad completely this time of he doesn't start......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Having banked I'm nervous about Valencia and triple Spurs attack, but surely the NLD will be hell-for-leather with Spurs about to break St Totteringhams Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Do not bench Lukaku at home! All his goals come at home at Chelsea haven't kept a cleanie in 12 matches.

Sane or Zaha - most likely Zaha who had done nothing in last 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lukaku is also against the club that let him go, and the club he's auditioning for. I dont think he's captain material but benching him is very risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Also, if you have Benteke then Zaha should probably be benched. I'm benching him myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I think I'm benching Sanchez for the second week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

No hits, Gabbi in for Origi:
    DDG
    Smith Alonso Pieters
    Zaha Sanchez King Alli
    Kun(c) Gabbi Lukaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

DDG
    Bertrand Bavies Holgate
    Sanchez Alli Zaha Redmond
    Costa Kane(c) Lukaku

No hit, not feeling hugely confident about this week.

Advertisement