Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur 8:00pm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I thought Sissoko was as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Couldn't beat this man any time he took him on which as rarely, crosses never got beyond the first defender and first touch terrible. Can't warm to him.

Walker was poor, and Alli had a quiet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Patww79 wrote: »
    Sissoko really surprised me.

I actually thought he was as bad as ever... I even think the players look up see it's sissoko and try and keep it themselves. Great win though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Thank fcuk, different team this year,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

pontoonz wrote: »
    bottleham lolspurs

You never post in a Spurs thread, or even in the soccer forum....go back to Ann summers and shove your wife's instruments up your arsenal!

Lads, we need way more belief....we will win the rest of our games and Chelsea will draw 2, putting us up top. Also we need less talk of selling our best players....best team spirit in the league....why would any of our best players leave to inferior teams like Utd....keep the faith and wait for us to be crowned prem champions....and I reckon we will beat arsenal 4-1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

joeguevara wrote: »
    You never post in a Spurs thread, or even in the soccer forum....go back to Ann summers and shove your wife's instruments up your arsenal!

Lads, we need way more belief....we will win the rest of our games and Chelsea will draw 2, putting us up top. Also we need less talk of selling our best players....best team spirit in the league....why would any of our best players leave to inferior teams like Utd....keep the faith and wait for us to be crowned prem champions....and I reckon we will beat arsenal 4-1!

Hope your right but gooners n hammers will be really pumped up against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

What a f?cking win, had stalemate written all over it. Absolute battle. Only a spectacular hit divided the sides. A scrappy 1-0 is far more enjoyable than a 4-0 romp.

Pochettino was brave and got his tactics spot on.

C-ZfqY6UQAIrIPx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Potential Banana skin last night against an inform team ... after the changes at half time we controlled the game far better and looked dangerous ... Palace was doing the Park the bus formation and hoping a ball out to either Townsend or Zaha would catch us out ... we stuck at it and a wonder strike from Eriksen got us the 3 points ... Dont think Lloris had to do too much either last night .. very good gritty performance ... we have moved a step up from last season without a doubt ...

Hopefully Dembele will be fit for Sunday and we can keep putting the pressure on the Chavs

I hope we follow up our rumoured interest in Zaha. I think he could do well under Poch. Would add some much needed pace to our attack. Definitely an improvement on Sissoko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I hope we follow up our rumoured interest in Zaha. I think he could do well under Poch. Would add some much needed pace to our attack. Definitely an improvement on Sissoko

I have the same thought .. premiership experience, bit of pace and tracks back .. just wish he would stay on his feet a bit more .. gets pushed off far too easily ..although he does often end up with a free kick ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Definitely a major improvement on Sissoko. I think he'd be a good squad player. Is he much improvement on Son though? I suppose no harm if he at least provided genuine competition. Would be pricey though, we're talkin £25-30m for a squad player, English premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Great result, very good second half.

How good is eriksen, as good as Luka now imo, also thought Sissoko was useful when he came on, added some physicality which helped.

Wouldn't mind Zaha, Lamela will prob leave so it would be like for like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I dunno, all he seemed to have were a few fancy tricks, some pace and the ability to draw a foul out of every player that went near him. Is he worth £25 - 30m , considering what options could be available on the continent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭slegs

SuprSi wrote: »
    I dunno, all he seemed to have were a few fancy tricks, some pace and the ability to draw a foul out of every player that went near him. Is he worth £25 - 30m , considering what options could be available on the continent?
    I thought he looked their most dangerous player throughout. We had to double mark him most of game

SuprSi wrote: »
    I thought he looked their most dangerous player throughout. We had to double mark him most of game

slegs wrote:

You can say that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Great result.

Whatever the rest of this season brings, Poch has achieved miracles with such a thin squad. We have excellent cover at both FB positions, but aside from that we're light. The versatility of Son and Dier has been key in our recent run as they mask the lack of quality options. Lamela and Winks are our only injured players, and you're always going to have some injuries.

Last summers recruitment was poor, with only Wanyama having an immediate impact. I think this summer we need to have a better transfer window as our luck with injuries can't continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Agreed. On the bright side, I don't think our summer recruitment can get much worse.

Still wish we could give Janssen a bit more time, but we need to buy more cover for Harry and if we do, Vincent probably won't get a look in. I wonder would he go on loan to a lower Premiership team.

Sissoko has gotta go. Even when he does try his ball control is shockingly bad.

Nkoudou could come good but probably won't, so we should let him go. It's kinda funny how similar a season he's had to N'jie.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's hard for any fringe players to get time with how important these games are. If we go 2-3 goals up in any of our remaining games, i'd like to see Jansen and N'koudou getting more than 30 minutes in a few games.

• Advertisement

I do think Nkoudou has potential just very hard to see him get game time. To me Sissoko isn't a right sided player, he needs to be in the middle and he isn't going to get too many opportunities there.

Wonder what will happen with Lamela?

Seems to be an undercurrent of something unusual with Lamela...they are not even talking about a back/hip injury anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

slegs wrote: »
    Seems to be an undercurrent of something unusual with Lamela...they are not even talking about a back/hip injury anymore

He's in rehabilitation after the operation.

http://tothelaneandback.com/2017/04/25/video-injured-tottenham-star-seps-up-rehabilitation-ahead-of-comeback/

That's god news, he is a brilliant player. I'd like to see him here next season, just doesn't seem to fit in with the other players.

Advertisement