Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FA Cup Semi Final V Chelsea Official Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And we're done. Superb strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Done well to get back into it. Super strike for last goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

There's no f***ing justice!

This is seriously f***ed up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

When was the last time we conceded 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Played some excellent football today and still taking a hiding. **** this Wembley stadium

Sign of a good team. Play bad and still win

This is nothing to do with Wembley. Chelsea were more clinical, and in the end they deserved to win. We don't have anywhere near the strength of depth that they have on our bench, and it showed once Hazard and Costa came on.

Sick as a parrot! I f***ing hate Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Great game, played well, lost to a very good team. I'm guessing not all will agree with me..

As long as arsenal don't win tomorrow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

See how long it is before their scummy fans like Gav come in here and start trouble. No class and scummy fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭VanZan

Kiith wrote: »
    This is nothing to do with Wembley. Chelsea were more clinical, and in the end they deserved to win. We don't have anywhere near the strength of depth that they have on our bench, and it showed once Hazard and Costa came on.

Am I right that they had one corner and scored? Whereas we had about eleven? We just could not break them down at times.

The way Chelsea played reminded me of Leicester last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭golfball37

Gutted. Kante committed 6 fouls yet only gets booked in garbage time. Luiz should have been in yellow earlier too. Moses cheats and not one commentator calls it for what it is. We played well we just lack magic. They were as they have been all season very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Good game of football and Chelsea were more clinical in front of goal today.

One thing I've learned today is the BBC pundits are idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

You live and, hopefully, you learn. Lloris should have trusted his wall, Son, I have no words, and I do not know how nobody got a block on the Hazard shot. Small things with big consequences. Idiots will come on here and talk about bottlers and Chelsea Class as if conceding 11 corners demonstrates control. Make no mistake, the better team lost and I hope they demonstrate it in the next few weeks.

Another valuable lesson hope was learned is that top teams can foul far more frequently and get away with it.

I think Spurs are strong enough to not let this affect them mentally resulting in a poor last few league games.

In the end its only the FA Cup.

Palace next week is massively important for us. We need to show that a loss like this doesn't cause us to lose our focus, and we can keep the pressure on Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Disappointed but the one light is this is a team which will win something very soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Agree re the commentators not even calling moses out on it, but Son left himself totally exposed. And Hugo, such an amateur mistake for their 1st.

And they continually fouled and got away with it, it's frustrating but this team has no god given right to win anything, they have to go out and do it.

Proud to hear the fans still singing at the end. Tough on Eriksen, what a footballer, Glenn would have been proud of that pass.

I hate the expression it's only the FA cup, it was a big chance for us to win something and lay down a marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

They bring on Costa and Hazard, Poch looks to a bench with Jansen and Sissoco (sic) ... here lies the problem. Levy needs to get his purse out but he aint going to change a habit of a life time. So sick today

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Awful call to play son ahead of Davies, Davies has been excellent in Rose's absence. And then trippier goes to the left WTF.

Anyway, let's try get second now

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

See how long it is before their scummy fans like Gav come in here and start trouble. No class and scummy fans!

:pac:

Ye were very good, theres a trophy in that Spurs side but not this season, IMO.

I love the calling of fans scum though and then saying theyve no class.

The irony isnt lost on me.

Good luck in Wembley next year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Awful call to play son ahead of Davies, Davies has been excellent in Rose's absence. And then trippier goes to the left WTF.

Anyway, let's try get second now

Heard he got a knock earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

GavRedKing wrote: »
    :pac:

Ye were very good, theres a trophy in that Spurs side but not this season, IMO.

I love the calling of fans scum though and then saying theyve no class.

The irony isnt lost on me.

Good luck in Wembley next year too.

Horrible club. Horrible plastic fans. Horrible club captain.

Close the door on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Levy Lover wrote: »
    Horrible club. Horrible plastic fans. Horrible club captain.

Close the door on the way out.

Horrible club - ah its not really, we're not Millwall thankfully.

Horrible fans - see above.

Horrible captain- What has Azpilicueta ever done to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

On one of the Spurs podcasts they decribed Davies as the most irreplacable player on the team with Rise injured.So it has proven. Wimmer and Vertonghen too slow to play left side together in a four or five. Son/N'Koudou no defensive instincts.
    Trippier and Walker , one on the left might have been the best solution. Our wingbacks were too high up the pitch for the first goal, and the second was a winger playing full-back.
    We owned the first hour and were 2-2 after it. Fair play to Chelsea for the rest- butI hate Hazard and Fabregas, I can't deny it.
    Kante is like three players, and Martin Atkinson let a lot go, which didn't suit us as the team on the front foot all day.
    In 2010 we lost a cup semi-final, then beat Arsenal, Chelsea, and Man City to reach the Champions League.
    Six wins please, and maybe Southampton will do Poch a favour. A Gabbiadini special or two. Then it's up to us at Palace. we are on the cusp of greatness, and if we play that well at Wembley next year, we wil win a lot of matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

abff wrote: »
    There's no f***ing justice!
    Exactly what I said to myself after the game..sickened it's Chelsea again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Horrible club - ah its not really, we're not Millwall thankfully.

Horrible fans - see above.

Horrible captain- What has Azpilicueta ever done to you?

I still don't understand how your a C Mod you should be demoted as your not fit to mod with the amount of trolling you do!
    As for Chelscum your alliance with Millwall and Rangers FC is basically why your a horrible club with horrible fans!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement