Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If i lose my licence i will lose my job

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Patww79 wrote: »
    Why they had their phone in the car? Does anyone leave their house without their phone these days? Do you never have your phone in the car? Mine is in the windscreen holder every single day.

What are you on about? No one said anything about "having" a phone in the car, "using" the phone and how you do so is the issue.

Of course i have my phone in the car, goes into the glovebox and is connected to Bluetooth. Don't have it in my hands until i am getting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Check to see when you got your first provisional, it might be 12 points if you were punting about on L plates for a while.

However while I can have a measure of sympathy for any of the incidents in isolation, even the 92 in a 50* - depending on the road I'm frequently overtaken doing 100 in the 60 on the run up from Clarehall towards the M50, getting done for no N plates once you've got points already just demonstrates not being too bright.

*chances are though in a 50 you where being a silly boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :D

Hyperbole much?

I agree that from what we've been told the OP can't have much argument with the points s/he's got (like why didn't they have the N plates up :confused:) but lets not lose the run of ourselves altogether!
    Allinall wrote: »
    ^^^
    At least some posters retain a sense of humour.
    kona wrote: »
    Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Jesus. I hope some of the angry heads in here this morning aren't just about to get behind the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Allinall wrote: »
    There was no "logic" in my post.

It was a statement of fact.

It wasn't posted as fact, it was posted as a smart arse reply to the comment that driving 92 in a 50 zone is more likely to have the potential to kill or injure someone than driving at or below the speed limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

99problems wrote: »
    Am I supposed to be offended by that ?

99 problems but driving ain't one

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭99problems

Have it booked and will pass it. Fingers crossed.

Just haven't bothered doing it yet.

My point to is the op must be drawing attention to himself.

Fair enough , I take it back so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Allinall

Reati wrote: »
    It wasn't posted as fact, it was posted as a smart arse reply to the comment that driving 92 in a 50 zone is more likely to have the potential to kill or injure someone than driving at or below the speed limit.

Where was that said?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

alta stare wrote: »
    Anyone else think we all just got trolled :D

Yes, or maybe not. Either way, I think we're done here.

OP if you're serious, speak to a solicitor, that's about all the advice you can get from here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement