Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amstel Radler

• 20-04-2017 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is an off license that sells this stuff in Dublin. Or is it discontinued?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Had it in Holland last month but haven't seen it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭strokeslover

BeerNut wrote: »
    Had it in Holland last month but haven't seen it here.

I know they used to sell bottles here in Tesco and Dunnes. Heineken put a good few quid into marketing it in Ireland a couple of years ago. I last drank it last summer at a few bbqs, it's nice and refreshing on the rare sunny days we get. Just can't seem to find it anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It was stocked in the main retailers last summer, so should be back soon enough.
    In the meantime, if you can't find it, Aldi do their own radler (Brassiere), which would be quite similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭strokeslover

It was stocked in the main retailers last summer, so should be back soon enough.
    In the meantime, if you can't find it, Aldi do their own radler (Brassiere), which would be quite similar.

Cheers for that. I actually noticed that the other day while I was in there. I Will pick a few up next time I'm there and give it a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Looking at the LIDL catalogue for next week and they have bottles of Austrian radler in specials section.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

obviously, you can just do like pubs on the continent and tip some lemonade into a pint glass and top it up with beer.
    I find sprite to be too bitter, 7up should be ok, but a cheapo white lemonade would be spot on too, if not actually better as its missing that lime element.

and for drivers, say your out at a party (or wedding in the arse end of nowhere, so you need to drive afterwards to an affordable hotel elsewhere) or whatever, just make the home made radler with alcohol free lager instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭donaghs

obviously, you can just do like pubs on the continent and tip some lemonade into a pint glass and top it up with beer.
    I find sprite to be too bitter, 7up should be ok, but a cheapo white lemonade would be spot on too, if not actually better as its missing that lime element.

and for drivers, say your out at a party (or wedding in the arse end of nowhere, so you need to drive afterwards to an affordable hotel elsewhere) or whatever, just make the home made radler with alcohol free lager instead.

Same here , I've found pre-mixed radlers/shandies to be unbearably sweet. Better to make your own. Unless you're going to a festival or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

donaghs wrote: »
    Same here , I've found pre-mixed radlers/shandies to be unbearably sweet. Better to make your own. Unless you're going to a festival or something like that.

I agree, i like to use sprite zero or 7UP free to mix the beer, less sugar, and you can better control the taste.

Probably works out a lot cheaper if having a BBQ at home and you're mixing from a 2L bottle

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Looking at the LIDL catalogue for next week and they have bottles of Austrian radler in specials section.
    They also do Perlenbacher Radler which is nicer, IMO.

Advertisement