Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭justwhatithink

Fingers crossed for all the new joiners and welcome. Nice to have a few more in here.

Nausea has definitely reared its head here. Feel sick if I get hungry and feel sick after eating, constant mental battle to talk myself into not actually vomiting. And really struggling to sleep, just can't switch off or get comfortable.

Can anyone recommend a multivitamin? I'm taking folic acid but think I should have a multivitamin cause I'm a picky eater and want to make sure I'm compensating where necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Are cramps/pains normal throughout pregnancy or do they tend to ease for most at a certain number of weeks? I'm still getting cramps and sharp pains, generally on the right side and sometimes centered. I ovulated both eggs from my right ovary so a little concerned it could be ectopic. I am 6 weeks today and getting scanned on Monday. Do you think I need to get it checked before then or as long as the pains aren't too severe I'm ok?

Can anyone recommend a multivitamin? I'm taking folic acid but think I should have a multivitamin cause I'm a picky eater and want to make sure I'm compensating where necessary.

Im taking Pregnacare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

lashes34 wrote: »
    Are cramps/pains normal throughout pregnancy or do they tend to ease for most at a certain number of weeks? I'm still getting cramps and sharp pains, generally on the right side and sometimes centered. I ovulated both eggs from my right ovary so a little concerned it could be ectopic. I am 6 weeks today and getting scanned on Monday. Do you think I need to get it checked before then or as long as the pains aren't too severe I'm ok?

If you are worried I'd get onto your fertility clinic and ask for an earlier scan. No point in stressing yourself out when you don't have to.

I'm getting my scan to check for ectopic at 6+1. My clinic usually do it at 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Lashes cramps and pains are very normal in the first trimester, but get it checked if youre concerned. Everything is stretching in ways it never has before so it obviously hurts, and round ligament pain is horrible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Kinda relieved to hear those cramps are normal. Not pleasant. Nausea has set in for me, and no appetite. I'm 5+1, didn't think it'd happen so soon. My mom suffered so bad with morning sickness, I'm dreading it, esp as i have an hour's commute on a bus daily..Hour to work and hour back

Thanks guys. I had some bleeding so rang the hospital and they said to come in. They think it could be ectopic so being kept overnight for internal scan in the morning. Can't believe I'm here after everything.

So sorry to hear that. I'll be hoping for the best for you. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

Lashes I have my fingers crossed for you that everything works out ok and that the bleeding will stop. What hospital are you in if you don't mind me asking? Try and relax as much as you can !

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Hi all,

I guess I'm the newest member to the club I'm 5+4. A bit of a shock but I kinda felt off the past week so knew something was up. Have an appointment with the Doctor on Tuesday to confirm but I've taken 2 positive tests at home. I think we will be due the 18th of December.

I'm a complete newbie to this, no one in my family has kids so not sure what I should/shouldn't be doing. I'm getting pregnacare tomorrow to start. Is there anything I'm missing? Sickness has kicked in already and I'm sleeping the rounds of the clock but other than that all is well. Exciting times ahead for us all =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Have you heard of round ligament pain? Really common in the first trimester and some of the second. Mine were always on the right side and worse with some types of movement (emptying my bladder made them worse!).

Im taking Pregnacare.

Thanks. Hoping everything works out for you.

Hi all,

I guess I'm the newest member to the club I'm 5+4. A bit of a shock but I kinda felt off the past week so knew something was up. Have an appointment with the Doctor on Tuesday to confirm but I've taken 2 positive tests at home. I think we will be due the 18th of December.

I'm a complete newbie to this, no one in my family has kids so not sure what I should/shouldn't be doing. I'm getting pregnacare tomorrow to start. Is there anything I'm missing? Sickness has kicked in already and I'm sleeping the rounds of the clock but other than that all is well. Exciting times ahead for us all =)

Congrats and welcome. I'm 6+1, was quite a shock here too! All I've done is get folic acid, been to the gp who'll probably tell you what you need to do next. I booked into the hospital and got 12 and 16 appointment dates yesterday...made things very real. I'm not as of yet doing any early scans or anything, just going to assume alls going to plan. Lots of nausea and exhaustion this week too, hungry every 2 hrs all day & evening, and if I don't eat asap I'm sick again.

Thank you. I'm up with a really bad cramp in my tummy. It feels like I really need to pass wind but so far nothing. I drank some Peppermint tea and vomited (sorry for the TMI) which relieved it for a little while but it's back now stronger than ever. At time's its unbearable.

Thanks for all your help justwhatithink handy to know what to expect. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Thanks guys. I had some bleeding so rang the hospital and they said to come in. They think it could be ectopic so being kept overnight for internal scan in the morning. Can't believe I'm here after everything.

Hop everything works out ok Lashes

Thanks for all the well wishes. All OK for now, baby definitely in the right place and seen the little heartbeat. Also have a large cyst and some free fluid at my right ovary. She wants me back for another scan next week to make sure there isn't another pregnancy there at the right hand side. She doesn't think so but wants to be sure when I am a little further along.

Thanks for all the well wishes. All OK for now, baby definitely in the right place and seen the little heartbeat. Also have a large cyst and some free fluid at my right ovary. She wants me back for another scan next week to make sure there isn't another pregnancy there at the right hand side. She doesn't think so but wants to be sure when I am a little further along.

I'm so happy to hear this. Was thinking about how you were getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dolly16

I'm not part of this thread (still at the TTC stage) sorry for intruding but you were on my mind lashes since I saw your msg yesterday. Glad everything is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Just burst the zip in my jeans I'm only 5+4 I'm going to be a whale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

That's great lashes!

I was in the coombe today. Started spotting yesterday and has continued since pink/brown/red all mixed. No pain except the usually stretchings. Cervix is closed. They couldn't see anything at all on the portable ultrasound machine which is a little worrying though he didn't seem concerned. I've got a scan in the EPAU next Thursday. It's going to be a long wait.

• Advertisement

I am thrilled to hear this fantastic news!! It's good they are keeping a good eye on you!

Mirrorwall did they take blood to measure your hcg level. How many weeks are you? I have my fingers crossed for you I think spotting is fairly common so hopefully it's all ok!

I had an appointment with my doctor the other day, was fairly quick she just checked my urine and took my blood pressure. I also have appointments for the epu for a scan at ten weeks and I have my date for my first booking appointment in the hospital.It is starting to feel real. Also I realised I miscalculated my dates....Only by a few days but I am 8 weeks yay! So I am due around the 1st of December!

I have been feeling fairly naseous and yuck it's actually so horrible but sure just have to look on the bright side it's all signs of a healthy pregnancy. Does anyone else feel like ridiculously bloated and and like about 4 or 5 months pregnant 🙈🙈. Like I bought a pair of jeans about three weeks ago were fairly loose or comfy on my tummy had them on yesterday and they were digging into me....But I'm the same weight!! They do say your belly gets bigger quicker if your have already had a baby but this seems a bit mad!

How is everyone else feeling? I am still keeping our news quiet which is hard especially when I feel so sick. But I want to wait till my scan! Hope you are all keeping well :-)

Glad you are ok lashes! Best of luck mirrorwall I hope all is ok!

I went to A+E Thursday night with the pain I had, the doctor couldn't tell me if the pain was related to my pregnancy but told me to follow up with my own doctor. I have an appointment for Tuesday so hopefully all goes well. Blood pressure was high too. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrrow :)

They didn't do bloods just an internal check and the external scan which was a disaster. To be honest I'm losing my mind entirely. I can't handle this at all. I'm switching wildly between being convinced that the pregnancy is over and hoping that its all good while trying to prepare myself in case it isn't. I've cried multiple times since Thursday now. My husband has me convinced to ring tomorrow and ask them to either scan or do bloods on Monday so that I might be able to get some sort of answer/hope/conclusion.

LittleBoBeep are you in Dublin? If so go to the maternity hospitals rather than A and E, they will know more

Oh and Missjuly I'm in a pair of maternity jeans. The jeans size I had just dropped into are incredibly uncomfortable already. Luckily my work trousers were actually too big so they'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Delighted Lashes! Sure it was a great weight off you and your partner.

Just drove home with my jeans zipped down..... Only just 6weeks.

They didn't do bloods just an internal check and the external scan which was a disaster. To be honest I'm losing my mind entirely. I can't handle this at all. I'm switching wildly between being convinced that the pregnancy is over and hoping that its all good while trying to prepare myself in case it isn't. I've cried multiple times since Thursday now. My husband has me convinced to ring tomorrow and ask them to either scan or do bloods on Monday so that I might be able to get some sort of answer/hope/conclusion.

LittleBoBeep are you in Dublin? If so go to the maternity hospitals rather than A and E, they will know more

Oh and Missjuly I'm in a pair of maternity jeans. The jeans size I had just dropped into are incredibly uncomfortable already. Luckily my work trousers were actually too big so they'll be fine

Could you go for a private scan? Not ideal I know but is it an option? It's very hard not to lose your mind but try to relax even a little bit! I'll be thinking of you and praying all goes ok for you.

I'm in the Westmeath. The nearest maternity hospital to me is 45 mins away. I've been getting this pain for the past few weeks, I'm hoping my own doctor can help me. The doctor in a&e was no help. I told him I was pregnant loads of times but he just ignored it. Then he done a pregnancy test and told me it was positive when I told him I knew I was pregnant he took the test off me and threw it in the bin and sent me off with a prescription for gaviscon! It was so stressful

Fairly confident I'm out ladies. Bled very heavily this morning with clots. Coombe emergency room said there's no point coming in because they won't change the plan they'll just send me home to wait for the scan on Thursday. I've resigned myself now. Now I just need to figure out what I'm supposed to do when you miscarry. I'm going to go to the GP in the morning for a cert because I'm in bits and still bleeding heavily.

The very best of luck to everyone and I hope you all have successful pregnancies.

Aw mirrorwall I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. It's cruel making you wait until Thursday. Is there somewhere you could get a private scan before then or maybe that wouldn't help you.

Mind yourself and do take the week and more off if you need it.

Thanks everyone for the kind messages x

Sorry to hear that Mirrorwall. I can't believe the hospital wouldn't do anything for you. Take care of yourself.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Mirrorwall, take care.

Advertisement