Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Good Fight (Good Wife Spin-off)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Online TV forum?
    Mr E wrote:
    First episode will be on network TV. I'll move this thread in time for episode 2.
    Liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

Liar.

Why the Online TV forum?

I'm watching the series on more4.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Isn't it spelled Lawyer?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

brian_t wrote: »
    Why the Online TV forum?

I'm watching the series on more4.
    The "Online TV forum" designation is based on where the show is produced for. The Good Fight is produced for CBS' VOD service, "CBS All Access".

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If it's on terrestrial TV, we'll leave it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Colin Sweeney :D:D:D
    I am really surprised how strong the series is I wasn't expecting it to be this good.

All we need now is for Eli Gold to swing by the office to visit his daughter. :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

furiousox wrote:
    All we need now is for Eli Gold to swing by the office to visit his daughter.

I'd love to see MJ Fox in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Folks,
    Where can I watch this online?

Tried the More4 app, but just get vertical coloured lines with sound.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Wellywoo

paulgalway wrote: »
    Folks,
    Where can I watch this online?

Tried the More4 app, but just get vertical coloured lines with sound.

Thanks.

You'll get it on All 4
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-good-fight/on-demand/66254-001

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

watched the first episode when it came out. but waited a while and watched the rest of the episodes up to date. really enjoying it. it's like the good wife when it was really good. like people have said, the guest stars from the good wife are great so far. Great to see Colin Sweeney back !!

• Advertisement

So...
    season 1 finishes on a (minor?) cliffhanger and
    Season 2 won't be here until 2018. :(
    Interesting interview with the series creators here.
    (Warning contains S1Ep10 spoilers)

http://www.eonline.com/news/843576/the-good-fight-bosses-tease-season-2-musicals-cliffhangers-and-the-power-of-the-law

Been a really great season, looking forward to more!
    Glad to see there's no plans for 'Alicia Florrick' to appear but 'Eli Gold' may reappear in season 2.
    $hit..does that mean 'The Good Wife' would have been a better series without 'the good wife' all along?? :eek:

CPL 593H

A great end to a great little season and a nice cliffhanger to finish on knowing it's been renewed for a second season.

As much as I liked Alicia it was the supporting cast that made The Good Wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Really enjoyed this series from start to finish and the finale sets up Season 2 nicely. Only minor niggle was the utter incompetence shown by the DoJ chief plugging an unknown, potentially harmful flashdrive into his work computer and then arresting Lucca as an (obviously innocent) accomplice. 'Twas kinda implausible I thought.

So happy to see Diane and Kurt on the path to reconcilliation, though. That scene with Diane in the hospital looking over and seeing the guy with one shoe missing on the guerney was a nice touch. So many flashback feels :(

Also - I'd totally watch Mr. Brown and Fran. Start that series campaign now!

Really enjoyed this series from start to finish and the finale sets up Season 2 nicely. Only minor niggle was the utter incompetence shown by the DoJ chief plugging an unknown, potentially harmful flashdrive into his work computer and then arresting Lucca as an (obviously innocent) accomplice. 'Twas kinda implausible I thought.

So happy to see Diane and Kurt on the path to reconcilliation, though. That scene with Diane in the hospital looking over and seeing the guy with one shoe missing on the guerney was a nice touch. So many flashback feels :(

I thought that was a fantastic nod to Will.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

An excellent end to an excellent spin off. Exceeded my own expectations and definitely felt like The Good Wife in its pomp. If I wished any changes for season 2 though, it'd be to give Barbara more time and room as she got frozen out completely; maybe recast Maia''s girlfriend too as there was little chemistry between the two. And the Julius subplot felt very pointless, I'd like to see him back as an antagonist in the company but maybe give him more to do than simply be "the Trump voter".

+1 on the hospital scene with the patient missing a shoe. A subtle and heartbreaking nod to Will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Very enjoyable season. Top notch performances and interesting storyline's. Really great to have such a strong cast in a show again.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Audra McDonald in as series regular for Season 2. Says we have to wait til early 2018 for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

It will be worth the wait

Toothbrush feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Great news; had forgotten about this show, but as spin-offs go I'd argue that Good Fight has been as good as Good Wife in its pomp.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

pixelburp wrote: »
    Great news; had forgotten about this show, but as spin-offs go I'd argue that Good Fight has been as good as Good Wife in its pomp.
    Definitely a huge improvement over season 6 and 7 of the good wife for me anyway, but season 5 of the good wife was terrific I thought.
    At least there are going to be more episodes in season 2!

Howard :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

looks great!! :)

Wonder if Netflix threw any cash CBS' way for international rights to this, or if their partnership is only for the new Star Trek.

Wouldn't it be great if Eli Gold showed up as a series regular?
    Here's hoping! :)

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if Eli Gold showed up as a series regular?
    Here's hoping! :)

Alan Cumming's new show starts on CBS next month (Instinct)so there might be a small chance he may guess in an episode I doubt he will join as a regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

The boxset of season 1 of The Good Fight is on All4. Just catching up with it now, and loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 84,967 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

More4 on Thursday March 15th at 9pm for season 2

• Advertisement

Strong episode to open season 2.

Advertisement