Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Potential Cold Weather Sunday 16th to Wednesday 19th

• 13-04-2017 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

A bit of a pattern developing at the moment. Depending on the orientation of the High pressure over the weekend possible 528 dam line crossing us. Supporting the idea of Ninja Snow. But also for any gardeners out there we will have some frost at night. Cover up those delicate flowers and bring them into a glass house if you have one.

t71her.png

167qzpg.png

28wh5ea.png

9hqrg3.png

Any change to this chart and the Dam Line crosses us, we are into Snow just like what happened last time.

dyaji8.png

nqcsqa.png

2lwx35c.png

102jx8l.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Could Easter Sunday in the middle of April be colder than Christmas Day? A truly crazy climate we have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I hate this forum. It's always bad news with he weather just whencit really matters ;)

The big question..Will it be dry in Kerry on Saturday? A

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Going through the various charts I'm not really seeing anything significant at this stage. Cold nights especially Mon, Tues , Weds with temperatures 10 -12 approx during the days, Easter Sun not looking too bad in the South possibly getting up to 13- 14C. Cooler Temps more North. Around next Thurs may turn out pleasant. Different story in Scotland and North of England looking much cooler.

850 hpa temps cold Saturday, but not much after that except for some Northern areas at times.

BWlgdxq.gif

shvWyCE.gif

svyB5MY.gif

B0WHnOV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Could Easter Sunday in the middle of April be colder than Christmas Day? A truly crazy climate we have.

That has happened a lot, lot of times. In recent years, it has happened in 2015/16, 2012/13 and 2011/12.

After all, it's more likely to snow on Easter than Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭pauldry

I remember one Easter Sunday when I was a kid in the 80s and it was well over 20c and we were at the beach. When was that Syran? It was definitely a late April Easter but I dont know what year

• Advertisement

pauldry wrote: »
    I remember one Easter Sunday when I was a kid in the 80s and it was well over 20c and we were at the beach. When was that Syran? It was definitely a late April Easter but I dont know what year

Definitely 1984.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Definitely 1984.

I vaguely remember that easter, from memory it seemed like a week of solid blue skies and warm sunshine, school holidays and cousins stayed over for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's April.

Gonzo wrote: »
    I vaguely remember that easter, from memory it seemed like a week of solid blue skies and warm sunshine, school holidays and cousins stayed over for the week.

It was until the last day, the 30th.

Also met eireann says tomorrow will be dry but loadsa rain coming to nw

Do they look at sat24 ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

pauldry wrote: »
    Also met eireann says tomorrow will be dry but loadsa rain coming to nw

Do they look at sat24 ever
    I'm not seeing a load of rain coming to the NW on sat24. In fact, cloud seems to be dispersing as the morning progresses

Yeah looked a lot worse yesterday.

I guess its waiting till Sunday as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Looks like a cold dry week. Frosty Mon to Wed according to the ECM.

2eykro4.png

33w5kee.png

Christmas Day 2016 and Easter Sunday 2017's maximum temperatures are fairly close to each other at 10-14c and 10-15c respectively. It looks like Christmas Day being milder in the north than Easter Sunday but Easter Sunday looks being milder in the south than Christmas Day, a bit weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Christmas Day 2016 and Easter Sunday 2017's maximum temperatures are fairly close to each other at 10-14c and 10-15c respectively. It looks like Christmas Day being milder in the north than Easter Sunday but Easter Sunday looks being milder in the south than Christmas Day, a bit weird.

such a ****ty climate we have.

Looking like a very cold week across virtually the whole of Europe bar Spain and Portugal thanks to the Arctic Oscillation going negative.

dKyyYKo.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fires, heating and winter woolies required for the next week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I've got snow falling outside my window here in central europe right now

2017041900H012_EU00_850.gif

Advertisement