Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POCO Jeans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

On a slightly different note but still pippa related, anyone tried the pippa pallette? Off on hols on Saturday and need to cut everything down to a minimum for carry on?

Have a look at this thread...
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057717888

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

I bought the off duty and love them, I got them in the shop in Dundrum. Being honest, I wasn't too impressed with any of the rest of the styles, felt the slimmers were practically identical to RI amelie jeans!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

On a slightly different note but still pippa related, anyone tried the pippa pallette? Off on hols on Saturday and need to cut everything down to a minimum for carry on?

I really like the palette! Its not going to blow your mind but it has everything you need in one palette. It is perfect for when your on the go or holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Anyone thinking about the slimmers, head to river island and pick up the Molly's. Use the code Umagss17 and they work out at like 38 euro. Bargain!!

If you have your heart on pocos I would definitely recommend going into the shop and trying them on size wise for anyone thinking of buying themI know she tries to show them off on different size women but the girl she had today had the most amazing body. I'm not being a creep I swear. We would wear the same size but no way would the average Irish size 14 woman look like that in them. Made me feel awful about my own figure today watching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking about the slimmers, head to river island and pick up the Molly's. Use the code Umagss17 and they work out at like 38 euro. Bargain!!

If you have your heart on pocos I would definitely recommend going into the shop and trying them on size wise for anyone thinking of buying themI know she tries to show them off on different size women but the girl she had today had the most amazing body. I'm not being a creep I swear. We would wear the same size but no way would the average Irish size 14 woman look like that in them. Made me feel awful about my own figure today watching them.

I know I was thinking the same. Great of her showing them on a size 14 girl but blimey, that girls figure was unreal and hardly representative of the average size 14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

heyjude88 wrote: »

Thanks for the code...do you know when this ends?

For those of you that say that the jeans split in two/had holes appear, what styles were they? I'd love a pair of the all stars as well but am reluctant now over these reports :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Love the look of the Off Duty - does anyone know if there's an equivalent in River Island or any other store?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Littlespace

Just with regard to the mama to be vs topshop maternity jeans, topshop jeans are designed around a 7 months bump. So if you order a 12 they might seem big early on but as the bump grows, the jeans adapt. The pocos are best suited to a very early bump. They don't have enough stretch to accommodate a growing bump. So you'd ideally need two pairs. One for early bump and one for later. That's the same price as 4 pairs of topshop Leighs. Also, the band on my pocos tore last night and left a big gaping hole with very coarse rough elastic poking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Littlespace

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Love the look of the Off Duty - does anyone know if there's an equivalent in River Island or any other store?

Zara do a similar style, I'm almost 100 % certain!

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    I've a few pairs of €50 jeans from Topshop that have lasted me 2/3 years.
    drifter93 wrote: »
    I would definitely stick to topshop...all my other jeans are topshop ,they're extremely comfortable, look great and I have never had then rip...even affter 2 to 3 years of consistent wear.

Which range of Topshop jeans would you recommend? I usually go for RI Molly's

Which range of Topshop jeans would you recommend? I usually go for RI Molly's

Topshop Jamie or Joni jeans for me. Leigh jeans would be similar material wise to the molly's I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

anna080 wrote: »
    Topshop Jamie or Joni jeans for me. Leigh jeans would be similar material wise to the molly's I'd say

Is there anything similar to the RI Amelie in Topshop?

Thank you!

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Is there anything similar to the RI Amelie in Topshop?

Thank you!

I've only ever owned the Molly's so not familiar with any other RI style, tbh. I'd say go into Topshop and try and few styles on, they're the best jeans around in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elaine Canavan

I bought the slimmers few months back and find them comfy and flattering although they'd want to be for €110.
    I went into Dundrum yesterday to try the off white slimmers. They were awful on me, soooo unflattering.
    I have cellulite an my thighs and every bit of it could be seen through them 'yuck' I looked terrible in them.

They are most deffo not for the pear shape.
    I ended up buying Saturday night which are very flattering.

I've read a few posts about holes after washing and wearing. If this happens me I'll FREAK.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

god id freak too if anything happened to mine after spending all that money! i have the dark denim off duty they are grand but defo not as soft and amazing as they seem on others.. i got a lovely pair in penneys for e17 that iv worn a lot more! :o but the quality is probably a lot better in the POCOS, the All star look lovely though!

I wish there was a pop up shop in the west! hardly ever get a chance to get to dublin

Just wondered how your pocos are all washing? Mine are still ok but I rarely wear them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sheeks1

Just to give some feedback on the jeans for anyone who may be thinking of investing.
    I bought the Leather look and after three washes I noticed they had started to turn navy blue in patches. It got worse the more I washed them so I sent them back. I had to pay for the postage and they apologised and sent me a replacement pair. The material in the second pair was different to that of the first pair. It wasn't as nice as the first pair. It was like rubber. After a couple of wears I noticed scuff marks on the jeans. I hoped they would go away bit they didn't. Because the material is like rubber they stain really easily too. They are just very poor quality. They look nothing like a pair of jeans worth 100 euro.
    Do not invest in them!
    I also bought the slimmers and they are nothing to write home about. Same quality in a pair of jeans for half the price in River Island
    Don't buy into the hype

sheeks1 wrote: »
    Don't buy into the hype

I think that has a lot to do with Pippa's success with Poco's. There's a lot of leghumpers out there who would buy air if Pippa put her name to it.

I saw the same this week when SoSu teased about a new product. The amount of people saying that they'll buy it no matter what it is was unbelievable.

So, Pippa doesn't need to have top quality jeans to charge an arm and a leg for. Just putting her name to them is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I think that has a lot to do with Pippa's success with Poco's. There's a lot of leghumpers out there who would buy air if Pippa put her name to it.

I saw the same this week when SoSu teased about a new product. The amount of people saying that they'll buy it no matter what it is was unbelievable.

So, Pippa doesn't need to have top quality jeans to charge an arm and a leg for. Just putting her name to them is enough

Leghumpers! 😂 never heard that before , it's a perfect description.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Does anyone know what the zara equivalent to the pocos are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Finally got to POCO pop up shop over the weekend and i was so disappointed. The shop itself is nice but the jeans were not great :( for me anyways! i have a pair of the off dutys and they are ok... but i was dying to try the All Star and The Slimmers and before i even picked them up i wasn't gone on the colour/wash of them (but that's a personal preference) but the feel of them were not nice at all! they weren't soft and /or stretchy. I'm a size 10-12 and in jeans i'm always a size 10 and i struggled trying to get into them, there was no give at all! they wouldn't go near closing on me.. and the next size up were not good either.. maybe they suit girls size 6/8 but for a curvy 10-12 with a bum they were a no go. that's for me anyways! I like Pippa but that's my honest review. Give me a pair of River island or Top Shop jeans any day, they fit like a glove!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vonvoncrowley

Hi there in regards to poco jeans I have bought two pairs the off duty and the slimmers , the off duty ripped after few wears so send them back got new pair , then I bought the slimmers found them not to wash well at all ! And now have ripped at the belt hole and also the thread is giving away at Sean should not be happening in jeans that cost this money I wouldn't waste money on them not worth it

Hi there in regards to poco jeans I have bought two pairs the off duty and the slimmers , the off duty ripped after few wears so send them back got new pair , then I bought the slimmers found them not to wash well at all ! And now have ripped at the belt hole and also the thread is giving away at Sean should not be happening in jeans that cost this money I wouldn't waste money on them not worth it

Wow that is terrible. That's just not on for jeans that cost you almost €100. TBH I'd wager most customers feel similar to you. I'd say most feel the quality isn't great but they put up with it to get the few wears of them and the privilege of having POCO across their arse. Mad how she gets away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭JoeA3

On the flip side I bought my wife a pair around last Christmas and she loves them. She'd only wear them maybe once a week at most but they still seem to be good as new and look great on her. She only mentioned recently that she'd like another pair.
    Is €100 really that much? I bought myself a "Diesel" Jacket around the same time for similar money and it's fallen to bits. (The Irish "Diesel").

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jenniiob

With regards to the pocos, i bought the all starts in black and they have washed so so badly! i washed them inside out and at 30 degrees to try keep the colour and they have just faded so much!! and they stretch too much that to get the shape back you have to wash them! def def not worth the money!! i have the off duty and i love them, but would never buy another pair of pocos based on everyones feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

JoeA3 wrote: »
    On the flip side I bought my wife a pair around last Christmas and she loves them. She'd only wear them maybe once a week at most but they still seem to be good as new and look great on her. She only mentioned recently that she'd like another pair.
    Is €100 really that much? I bought myself a "Diesel" Jacket around the same time for similar money and it's fallen to bits. (The Irish "Diesel").

You get what you pay for.

Jenniiob wrote: »
    With regards to the pocos, i bought the all starts in black and they have washed so so badly! i washed them inside out and at 30 degrees to try keep the colour and they have just faded so much!! and they stretch too much that to get the shape back you have to wash them! def def not worth the money!! i have the off duty and i love them, but would never buy another pair of pocos based on everyones feedback!

I'm glad to read this as I had tried them on and loved them but was waiting to treat myself at Christmas, I won't now! I've seen on her snapchat they seem to be going to another manufacturer, I wonder will the quality improve!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭thesultan

Is she doing dresses etc.. Now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I have to say her snaps and instastories for the past 24 hours have been very interesting with a lot of detail as to what goes into making a pair of jeans.

Advertisement