Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ill definitely be doing a bit of IB this time round,half assed the last one so im gonna get the AoT node done on this one. Be nice place to hopefully get the sword kills i need for the exotic swords.

Not gonna lie though i think it sucks balls that have to do PvP for the swords. I feel i can hold my own but the PvP just doesnt really excite me in destiny. Maybe itz because im usually solo or im just doing it for a quest or such rather than doing it because i like it but yeah i find it grates after about 5/6 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Might try the sunsinger super multi kills if I'm feeling patient. Only one left of the three class quests to finish. Gonna have to look at how I can spec it to actually be effective.

I'm in the same boat, thinking of running Radiant Skin and just throwing myself at them to try get a double down with sticky grenades

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ill definitely be doing a bit of IB this time round,half assed the last one so im gonna get the AoT node done on this one. Be nice place to hopefully get the sword kills i need for the exotic swords.

Not gonna lie though i think it sucks balls that have to do PvP for the swords. I feel i can hold my own but the PvP just doesnt really excite me in destiny. Maybe itz because im usually solo or im just doing it for a quest or such rather than doing it because i like it but yeah i find it grates after about 5/6 matches.

Kills with a sword with no ammo count. Swing that tiny hilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm in the same boat, thinking of running Radiant Skin and just throwing myself at them to try get a double down with sticky grenades
    Radiant skin, extra grenades, viking funeral etc. Still gonna be a pain to get them

Kills with a sword with no ammo count. Swing that tiny hilt.

If you run a warlock, use radiant skin for the hilt kills. Helps get that second swing in.

Probably the most frustrating part of that quest for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Is it back next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Will the nightfall buff help towards giving you extra IB rep aswell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

syboit wrote: »

I'd be very surprised if it does, it did not used to affect it in the past.

Got me some trials pulse rifle last night from a crucible bounty for pulse kills, also two of those new auto rifles, ridiculous rate of fire on them.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Got me some trials pulse rifle last night from a crucible bounty for pulse kills, also two of those new auto rifles, ridiculous rate of fire on them.

I had one of those AR's from when RoI dropped. Has all the stability perks on it. Still handled like a wet bar of soap covered in oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Got an auto myself but as Knave says; they seem pretty unusable to me.

• Advertisement

I had one of those AR's from when RoI dropped. Has all the stability perks on it. Still handled like a wet bar of soap covered in oil.
    Yeh it's a bit of a handful.
    I presume the mag is so big because you'd be firing the first 40 bullets into the ceiling.

Grand infusion material though

Jumped straight into it last night as there where feck all raids, only the usual early group I think. Got so many fupping Titan Artifacts it's not funny. All 400 though. IB will again be a great source of infusion fuel.

Weapons to look out for are the Scout, Pulse, and HMG (Personally speaking)

SR - The Distant Star - RoF / Impact / Range are on par or slightly better than Mida.
    Pulse - The Clever Dragon - High RoF Low Impact variety (Ex-Meta, still there?)
    HMG - The Silvered Dread - Low RoF / High Impact - With stability perks it handles like a dream

All IB weapons sound wonderful. Probably the best sounding weapons in the game.

syboit wrote:

I'd be very surprised if it does, it did not used to affect it in the past.

According to a Reddit post I just read, indeed the Nightfall increases IB rep gains. 250 for a win without, and 312 for a win with NF boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Got up to rank 3.5 last night on my Titan. 7 wins out of 8 matches and 3 bounties done. Just need 25 points to complete Iron Marathon

Only had shotguns drop for me

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Played 3 games.

Lost the first two closely.

Got DESTROYED in the third.

Went to bed.

Do bounties or the coins you get for losing carry over from previous IB's?

Gonna get stuck in after work in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Do bounties or the coins you get for losing carry over from previous IB's?

Gonna get stuck in after work in the morning

Yes

Played Hunter last night and got to 4.25. Nice scout, shotgun and fusion for PvE. God it's easy rank up compared to the old days. Used to wait until Saturday morning reset before starting and take advantage of the daily increasing buff.
    Once again started off well, booze kicked in and went to muck, good fun though.

Sweet,hopefully get a nice boost when i get the first win so.

Sweet,hopefully get a nice boost when i get the first win so.

You can only hold a max of 5 coins

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Solo queued a good bit yesterday. It was painful. Lost 8 of the 10 games I played I think. went negitive in most of them, was on the end of some hammerings.

The first game I won we were up by 4k, about 14k to 10k and still managed to nearly throw it away. Team mates decided either capturing or defending flags wasn't worth it. I got 4vs1 and 3vs1 team shotted on the flags a bunch of times - while people actively ran away from flags as they were being taken by the opposition. I was not happy. Got a Phantom to help close it out though!

• Advertisement

You can go on some shocking runs and other times it's like it's hard to lose. Law of averages eventually works in your favour or heavy drinking. One way or the other it usually comes good.

Solo queued a good bit yesterday. It was painful. Lost 8 of the 10 games I played I think. went negitive in most of them, was on the end of some hammerings.

The first game I won we were up by 4k, about 14k to 10k and still managed to nearly throw it away. Team mates decided either capturing or defending flags wasn't worth it. I got 4vs1 and 3vs1 team shotted on the flags a bunch of times - while people actively ran away from flags as they were being taken by the opposition. I was not happy. Got a Phantom to help close it out though!

Can't tell if you where unlucky, or if I was lucky. Solo queued on Tuesday for 7 games, won 5 lost 2. Teams I had, even the losing ones, where all actively playing the OBJ. No extreme pushing into spawn, except on Pantheon.

I had similar matches starting out, lads would just run past flags or leg it when they seen a red marker on the radar. Ended up getting double/triple/quadruple/whole ****ing team teamed most of the time when I was trying to capture zones.

On the upside of that though, made getting multi kills with my nova bomb a bit easier, especially if they're all huddled in a bubble thinking they're safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You can go on some shocking runs and other times it's like it's hard to lose. Law of averages eventually works in your favour or heavy drinking. One way or the other it usually comes good.

Lose a game, take a shot. Win a game, take 2 shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Played a few games last night, first 2 games we got hammered and I nearly turned it off...

Glad I held out though as we seemed to do alright then after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Having a decent iron banner so far; played 7 won 6 but forgot to get the bounties before I started. Switched to a hand cannon which is working wonders as I'm crap at aiming.

Having the NF done beforehnad makes a big difference to XP for wins though 312 versus 250.

fly in
    equip monte carlo
    ???????
    profit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

What primary's are people using these days.?My good ole Luna just doesn't feel the same. Got the inward Lamp with explosive rounds and Firefly and that seems to be working well.

Monte Carlo or Hard Light seem to be wrecking people lately.
    At least that's all I seem to be killed by if it's not an Eyesluna

• Advertisement

What primary's are people using these days.?My good ole Luna just doesn't feel the same. Got the inward Lamp with explosive rounds and Firefly and that seems to be working well.

I'm moving between pulses and scouts for the quartermaster bounties. Hand cannons are not worth the effort for me, not feeling them at the minute.

On a side note, I get unreasonably enraged by being killed by a Monte Carlo. Don't know why :p

Advertisement