Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most anticipated records of 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

at-the-drive-in-cd-cover.jpg

At the Drive-In - Inter Alia - May 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Ex pavement man, taken from the album Doris & the Daggers out 24th March

Holy sh**, Here Come The Future West is being launched March 25th.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

New track from Perfume Genius upcoming album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Realmusic2017

New Irish singer/songwriter saw him live last week at The Liquor Rooms beside The Clarence Hotel, Dublin. Blown away by this guys talents. He has released his debut single "Cobwebs"....very, very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Everything Everything back in the studio from recent social media posts. Eagerly awaiting their next one as the previous 3 have been top notch in different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It's a while away but can't wait for London Grammar's new record.

Great track from PSB forthcoming album˜Every Valley" release 7th July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

On the basis of first few listens I have to say I'm disappointed by the new Father John Misty album. Low on tunes and high on self-indulgence.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

On the basis of first few listens I have to say I'm disappointed by the new Father John Misty album. Low on tunes and high on self-indulgence.....

Same, gutted :(

• Advertisement

so its a load of rubbish ..cheers for the heads up :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

so its a load of rubbish ..cheers for the heads up :D

It's so disappointing when considering what came before it. It's very much a commentary on the times we live in and is quite witty in places but overall I was underwhelmed :(

It's so disappointing when considering what came before it. It's very much a commentary on the times we live in and is quite witty in places but overall I was underwhelmed :(

Well I don't speak from a position of ever seriously listening to the guy,I have heard a few songs I'd say but they didnt click and I dont even remember them now and well he is a commercial artist (and a wealthy guy) at this stage so I dunno how seriously u could take his lyrics,doom and despair abound no doubt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Luckily the Spoon album is stellar......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭mosstin

Luckily the Spoon album is stellar......

Been really enjoying this. I see they're touring with The Shins who've also returned to form somewhat on their new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I got about halfway through it and lost interest.

someone on Twitter described it as like Elton John singing internet comments.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I must be in the minority here so! Picked it up at the end of Feb when it leaked and it's still getting regular plays. I do see where people are coming from, but has definitely grown on me.

Afghan whigs back with a seriously good tune ..i didn't actually listen to alot of their reformed music in the past years but this sounds like it could have being on gentlemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

From the new album “Let The Dancers Inherit The Party” out on 31st March.

No doubt they will back in Dublin promoting this album and they are great live.
    Wonder if the giant bear will be around?:)

Its unlikely that they will play here again as the crowd at their last concert was tiny. Super live band though, pity they are not liked here anymore

Peter File wrote: »
    Its unlikely that they will play here again as the crowd at their last concert was tiny. Super live band though, pity they are not liked here anymore

I seen them in academy few years back,was a great show sizeable audience,this new album from what I have heard of it is a tad boring and wont be winning over hordes of new fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Should be getting a listen to new LCD Soundsystem material by the end of the week!!!

Also, finally getting recorded versions of Radioheads Lift and Big Boots/Man-o-war in June.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Should be getting a listen to new LCD Soundsystem material by the end of the week!!!

Also, finally getting recorded versions of Radioheads Lift and Big Boots/Man-o-war in June.

Actually two tunes at midnight

http://www.stereogum.com/1939399/lcd-soundsystem-call-the-police/music/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=timeline

Only spotted that after posting. Having a sneaky listen right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭mosstin

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Only spotted that after posting. Having a sneaky listen right now.

Tame enough I think.

Solid yet unremarkable.

I wasn't particularly eager for them to return with new material but not going to get all irked by their decision either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Love the two new LCD tracks, particularly American Dream, can't wait for album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Looks like the National are back with a new album which is due in September.

Just moved to the top of my most anticipated for 2017.

Also looks like they are playing a few dates in September. 17/09 in the Cork opera house and 18/19 Sep in Vicar St.

http://pitchfork.com/news/73413-the-national-announce-world-tour/

'We're getting back in booth this august w new stuff to play for y'all '

Signs of new Ought music on the horizon not sure if they mean a new album or an EP but new music very welcome,wasn't overly impressed with what I heard of Tims solo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

LCD Soundsystem album is finished. They're rushing to get it printed and released but it'll be 6 weeks at the very earliest, most likely a few weeks longer than that.

• Advertisement

I Promise from OKNOTOK is up on Spotify. Cannot wait for Manowar.

Advertisement