Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feedback thread ?

Options
  • 08-04-2017 12:32pm

Is there an end of season feedback thread ?

Would love to get involved in contributions again but love to see some changes before I get involved again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Would love to get involved in contributions again but love to see some changes before I get involved again.

Whats stopping you at the moment?

KevIRL wrote: »
    Whats stopping you at the moment?

I've been banned for calling out crying so would like a 'criers thread' to keep up the quality of the other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

ah okay....

XujHL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I've been banned for calling out crying so would like a 'criers thread' to keep up the quality of the other threads.

Asking for a feedback thread then calling it a criers thread.

That'll end well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Re register and come back. Apart from one time you lost it you were a good contributor.

You could even call yourself 'IusedtolikeKlopparama'.

• Advertisement

Asking for a feedback thread then calling it a criers thread.

That'll end well

Well at least removing 'I was gonna', 'of course he scored because...', and all the 'jinx' talk from the threads and allowing them in one thread would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Re register and come back. Apart from one time you lost it you were a good contributor.

Or just come back
    Nobody cares
    It was funny :D

Yeah but I'm in no way responsible for hungover Klopparama. And that poor Bàstard was punished way too hard.

km79 wrote: »
    Or just come back
    Nobody cares
    It was funny :D

Yeah. I know. It means swallowing my pride and then avoiding the match day thread. I think I might because I now realise Boards just want numbers and will protect the ignorant to achieve more numbers.

May have been funny at the time but I think I had a reason to call out the 'could have should have' numpties.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah. I know. It means swallowing my pride and then avoiding the match day thread. I think I might because I now realise Boards just want numbers and will protect the ignorant to achieve more numbers.

May have been funny at the time but I think I had a reason to call out the 'could have should have' numpties.
    To be honest, to co-exist in the FPL world of online media anywhere, you're going to have to up your tolerance levels. Twitter is the worst, I can't count the amount of times I see people say stupid things (and I'm sure some of them people would say I was overreacting over too, people have different buttons that get pushed).

But in the end, you've really just got to skim past it, find a Taylor Swift video (or Miley Cyrus if you're into more edgy stuff) on Youtube and shake it off.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    To be honest, to co-exist in the FPL world of online media anywhere, you're going to have to up your tolerance levels. Twitter is the worst, I can't count the amount of times I see people say stupid things (and I'm sure some of them people would say I was overreacting over too, people have different buttons that get pushed).

But in the end, you've really just got to skim past it, find a Taylor Swift video (or Miley Cyrus if you're into more edgy stuff) on Youtube and shake it off.

Threesome or neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Threesome or neither.
    Cyrus Christie and Neil Taylor is about as close as I can arrange.

CSF wrote: »
    Cyrus Christie and Neil Taylor is about as close as I can arrange.

Weird.

On second thoughts I'd do Miley to gain some sort of revenge for that cûnt of a song her father released.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,292 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I understood where you were coming from, possibly because by coming from a 'gambling' background I get the idea of just setting your team as good as possible and not actually worrying about the result as to an extent results are irrelevant.

But the coulda/woulda/shoulda posting aspect of the board does seem to be popular so can't see why it would need to change. Think of the match day threads as just being nonsense and you'll be fine - the serious discussion is in the transfers threads, dgw thread etc.

Obviously anyone who comes out with 'oh noes I should have captained Holgate' after he scores a hatrick can just be written off as a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I could also see where you were coming from - the whole 'jinxing' thing annoys me too - but you were still way out of line in your reaction. And besides, what do you expect to be done? As I said that stuff annoys me too, but at the same time I think it'd be ludicrous to start banning people for saying 'damn I had X captained until 11.29' or 'I almost captained Pickford, I'd a feeling he was going to score today'. As CSF said, you just have to let these things go.

I could also see where you were coming from - the whole 'jinxing' thing annoys me too - but you were still way out of line in your reaction. And besides, what do you expect to be done? As I said that stuff annoys me too, but at the same time I think it'd be ludicrous to start banning people for saying 'damn I had X captained until 11.29' or 'I almost captained Pickford, I'd a feeling he was going to score today'. As CSF said, you just have to let these things go.

I'm not suggesting to ban them. I'm suggesting creating a thread to allow them to vent without diluting the quality of the other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

With a great deal of respect to you as a poster, and with some sympathy for your position on moaning, in my opinion you were well out of order that time and were not just pointing out crying, but were quite unnecessary shítty to people, in some cases for very mild statements about their poor gameweek.

I'd love to see you back but as CSF said you gotta live and let live. There is an option to mute people who you feel cry and moan, and manners and tolerance cost nothing.

FHFC wrote: »
    With a great deal of respect to you as a poster, and with some sympathy for your position on moaning, in my opinion you were well out of order that time and were not just pointing out crying, but were quite unnecessary shítty to people, in some cases for very mild statements about their poor gameweek.

I'd love to see you back but as CSF said you gotta live and let live. There is an option to mute people who you feel cry and moan, and manners and tolerance cost nothing.

Ah I hardly went to town on anybody and I wasn't trying to be shítty. It wasn't about individuals either. It was just a case of a build up of frustration with certain types of posts. I find the 'I was gonna', 'of course he scored because I sold him', and any 'jinx' posts quite juvenile and I think it lets the forum down.

No harm in having a 'hard luck' thread for people to vent in.

You are right though and I will just mute posters in future. Good idea. I would like to think I'm well mannered but I am certainly prone to being intolerant of certain things. The reality, to me, is that we consider 10's if not 100's of possible moves/transfers every single week so EVERYBODY can clutter a thread with those kind of posts or just accept the transfer they actually made and get on with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ah I hardly went to town on anybody and I wasn't trying to be shítty. It wasn't about individuals either. It was just a case of a build up of frustration with certain types of posts. I find the 'I was gonna', 'of course he scored because I sold him', and any 'jinx' posts quite juvenile and I think it lets the forum down.

You are right though and I will just mute posters in future. Good idea. I would like to think I'm well mannered but I am certainly prone to being intolerant of certain things. The reality, to me, is that we consider 10's if not 100's of possible moves/transfers every single week so EVERYBODY can clutter a thread with those kind of posts or just accept the transfer they actually made and get on with the game.

I think I got some vent of the hungover Klopparama for no apparent reason IMO :pac:

As a follower of boards for the best part of the last 2 years, you were a great contributor and I was taken aback at the time. As you said, it was nothing too wild just a bit unnecessary.

Be good to have you back contributing regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »

Part of the fun for a lot is the ingame discussion that goes on
    What you want is a gameweek no chat thread where everyone posts their final score and rank
    Set up one of those and ignore the other thread would be my advice
    But you will probably find there won't my much activity in as everyone posts that info in the discussion thread anyway !

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Part of the fun for a lot is the ingame discussion that goes on
    What you want is a gameweek no chat thread where everyone posts their final score and rank
    Set up one of those and ignore the other thread would be my advice
    But you will probably find there won't my much activity in as everyone posts that info in the discussion thread anyway !

It seems I'm one of the only peolke with the problem so I suppose I've to suck it up.

You're right though as it's really only the matchday thread that seems to have that kinda content.

I suppose I enjoyed 'watching' some of the goals and updates in that thread as I'd normally be watching one game live anyway.

I think I got some vent of the hungover Klopparama for no apparent reason IMO :pac:

As a follower of boards for the best part of the last 2 years, you were a great contributor and I was taken aback at the time. As you said, it was nothing too wild just a bit unnecessary.

Be good to have you back contributing regardless.

It certainly wasn't personal. In fact I very rarely remember user names and one day I'll 'argue' with somebody and next day I'll be trying to help them out. They probably think I'm a Kevin Garvey type character.

Anyway, forgive me Father. It was most definitely meant to be a general attack rather than a personal one.

Advertisement