Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swansea City vs Tottenham 7:45 KO

Options
  • 05-04-2017 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Prediksi-Swansea-City-vs-Tottenham-19-Januari-2014-Liga-Inggris.jpg

Swansea are fighting to avoid relegation. Tough game. Sigurdsson's set pieces are inch perfect, Eriksen's can barely get the ball over the wall. Llorente is back I think?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We definitely should be winning this, and i'd be pretty confident of us doing just that. It won't be easy, as Swansea are fighting for survival, and you know Siggy will score, but i still think we'll be too strong for them.

3-1 with Son, Toby and Alli getting our goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is Wanyama out?

Be interesting to see if Dier can get back to last yours form in the dcm role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Is Wanyama out?

Be interesting to see if Dier can get back to last yours form in the dcm role.

Who would replace Dier at centre back? Wimmer the obvious choice but we know how averse Poch is to playing a left footer at right centre back.

Would he go to 4 at the back again? Or would Sissoko come into midfield? Not sure how I feel about that.

Hopefully Viktor makes it anyway. As someone else said, he is made of concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 diarmuidb24

be worth a punt for Son to score anytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

Son to score 2 here...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Read the other day that we've only started our strongest 11 in 2 games this season, we are used to rotation

I think it'll be back to the 4-2-3-1.

Toby and Jan at the back, start Tripper along with Davies, and (assuming he's fit) Mousa and Dier in the center. Jansen up front with Son, Alli and Eriksen in behind. I would like to see N'Koudou though.

be worth a punt for Son to score anytime!

Alderweireld to score 2 or more at 250/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

This is a huge game for all the right reasons. Win it and we are possibly 4-5 points behind Chelsea. If Chelsea win we are 7 points ahead of City in fourth place and 11 points ahead of fifth. Swansea at home won't park the bus and we should have enough to get past them.

If Victor is fit he should partner Dembele in CM with 5 at the back. Eriksen and Alli as our most creative players have to start and I would play Son up front. Son isn't Harry by any means but he does seem to shine against the lesser teams. There is too much to lose to play Janssen in the hope he will suddenly become a prolific goalscorer and I think he could be very effective if he comes on against tired opponents. I would play Walker instead of Trippier on that team. He was rested on Saturday and will be a ball of energy. Trippiers delivery is way better but it's not like we will have Kane up there to profit so I think Walkers energy would be better at breaking down Swansea's defence.

Swansea have lost 7 home games out of 15 scoring 21 goals and conceding 30 (2 a game!). We are good enough to get 3 and I think we will probably concede also so I am guestimating a 3-1 win and onwards and upwards! COYS!!

Edit: I forgot I wanted to mention Sissoko. I'm afraid that bold experiment was finally put to bed last Saturday. The usual atrocious display was probably expected, crowned with that laughable attempt at an open goal, but the final nail for me was watching the goal celebrations. Sissoko joined in but looks like a fella that knows he is an imposter. Its as if someone told him that his house was burning down, he had a face like a wet weekend in Ballina.

Ormus wrote:
    Would he go to 4 at the back again? Or would Sissoko come into midfield? Not sure how I feel about that.

Aye. 4 at the back for this one. Swansea are no great shakes upfront.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Are we on Telly, lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hugo out,Wanyama out.nearly down to bare bones but still a decent team.....coys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Sissoko starting. Not sure about three points here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Chill. Vorm played for Swansea, he's guaranteed a worldie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

tippspur wrote: »
    Hugo out,Wanyama out.nearly down to bare bones but still a decent team.....coys.

We really don't want to be going near that bench looking for a game changer. After tonight we have Watford on Saturday, then Bournemouth both at home before the cup semi. We will surely have Kane, Rose and Wanyama back by then. Whisper it, but if Deli and Eriksen can keep delivering over the next few matches, things are going to get awful interesting.

I've just gone and jinxed it, haven't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Big night for our season. Good to see llorente out. 3 points very important. A good performance is secondary but would also be nice.

09_09_09 wrote:
    Are we on Telly, lads?

Astro sports 2 if you use modbro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Jayus 1 behind.

Peobably lots of goals in this one.

just need to outscore them

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

need to get one back before half time.

Davies probably knee one in with his head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

City just equalised against chelski. We really need to win tonight COYS!!

We playing well, final ball letting us down.

No panic just yet.

We might need to go 3 at the back in the last 15mins if we don't equalise.

..............Vorm
    ......Dier - Toby - Jan
    Walker - Dembele - Alli - Davies
    .........Eriksen - Son
    ...........Janssen​

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

We need a big 45 mins now, it's vital we get 3 points tonight

WE need Big Jan in the middle, crosses going in and no one on the end of them

Not good enough at the moment. Back to being so wasteful in the final 3rd. Swansea will just sit back and try soak the pressure up, and counter us all night.

Need someone to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭golfball37

Not a bit surprised sadly. The same as West Ham last year. The minute the door opens we refuse to walk through it

Gonna be one of those nights lads.
    We were due a bad performance/result.

I think this is why people don't talk about Spurs as we'd like them to. Everyone still assumes we'll bottle it, and on tonights showing, they aren't wrong.

Also, whoever is commenting on the stream I'm watching is an absolute idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

What's worse is the other teams around us are all winning

Advertisement