Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Trying to find a news story from mid 80s...

• 03-04-2017 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭

So I'm trying to find a story from the mid 80s.... I've tried some online searches but can't seem to find anything on it.

I tried the Irish Times online archive but to see the story I need to subscribe to the paper online.

Where else can I look?

Do libraries have access ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

You could try Google's Newspaper archive.

https://news.google.com/newspapers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 66,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

A few UK papers have extensive older content online. If its an Irish story, you have to pay or go to a library with access. Irish Times has its archive and INA have the rest pretty much. Some are available on LexisNexis also if you have access to a college library and not a public one (public one is more likely to have INA)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Cool

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭IRE60

if it's in an Irish paper and you know the date - National Library will have it on micro!

Advertisement