Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get cannabis oil - stage 4 cancer

Options
  • 31-03-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

Does anybody have any idea how or where I could go about getting some cannabis oil? I have stage 4 cancer, and am in am lot of pain all the time. I've tried all the painkillers, nothing is working, and the side effects are pretty awful.

I really want to try cannabis oil, as so many things I've read online say it's great for pain relief. I don't even know where to start. Somebody suggested going on the dark web and buying it with bitcoin, but to be honest, it would be easier for me to fly to the moon. I'm just not in a position to set that all up. I've also heard of people making their own, but I just can't do that, and wouldn't know where to buy the supplies anyway.

I was hoping to get some ideas or links to where I could buy it online from another country. I'll take the risk that it might not get through customs, etc...I just don't know how to start looking online for it, or where.

I'm kind of desperate - can anyone help me? :(
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Sorry to hear OP . Not sure if this is what your after but its CBD oil my uncle uses and finds it great .

http://hempture.ie/product-category/cbd-oil/

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

Hi I'm sorry to hear your suffering. You should really contact your care giver and ask for more pain killers. My mother had cancer and they dosed her. Surely they can increase your dose or find a combination that works for you. You shouldn't have to feel like that

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Astrolabe

Thanks Tracey - I appreciate your kind words. I have been seeing palliative care nurses and doctors for the past year, but I have had no luck with painkillers because my pain keeps changing, and also because they are just not working. I also have a hernia which is exacerbated by strong medication, so taking something like even difene gives me additional pains! The strongest things (morphine, oxycontin, patches etc) have made me violently sick, and the side effects are as bad as the pain, if not worse.

The palliative care doctor actually recommended (off the record of course) that I could try cannabis oil, and says many of her patients take it and say it works really well for them. However, she genuinely didn't know where they get it, nor would I expect her to tell me even if she did know. She said it would be worth trying if I could get some.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Astrolabe

Thanks pudzey101, I am very grateful to you for the link. I had a look there, and unfortunately I don't think it's what I'm looking for, cos their products don't contain a thing called THC, and that's the thing I need. It's found in cannabis oil, but unfortunately THC is still illegal in Ireland.

I know that the legalisation process is underway, but it could take years, and I really need it asap.

Thanks again though, for the link. It's much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sorry to hear this.

Be careful about taking anything without your doctor's knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Astrolabe wrote: »
    Thanks pudzey101, I am very grateful to you for the link. I had a look there, and unfortunately I don't think it's what I'm looking for, cos their products don't contain a thing called THC, and that's the thing I need. It's found in cannabis oil, but unfortunately THC is still illegal in Ireland.

I know that the legalisation process is underway, but it could take years, and I really need it asap.

Thanks again though, for the link. It's much appreciated!

From my research THC is the part that makes you high, it's removed in cbd oil which is why cbd is legally available.

I really would suggest trying cbd oil even while you search for cannabis oil, as you're probably aware not too long ago a woman walked from cork to Dublin to get it for her child-plenty of people use it for pain relief and it's very good if you get a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Astrolabe wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anybody have any idea how or where I could go about getting some cannabis oil? I have stage 4 cancer, and am in am lot of pain all the time. I've tried all the painkillers, nothing is working, and the side effects are pretty awful.

I really want to try cannabis oil, as so many things I've read online say it's great for pain relief. I don't even know where to start. Somebody suggested going on the dark web and buying it with bitcoin, but to be honest, it would be easier for me to fly to the moon. I'm just not in a position to set that all up. I've also heard of people making their own, but I just can't do that, and wouldn't know where to buy the supplies anyway.

I was hoping to get some ideas or links to where I could buy it online from another country. I'll take the risk that it might not get through customs, etc...I just don't know how to start looking online for it, or where.

I'm kind of desperate - can anyone help me? :(
    Thanks in advance.

The hempture stuff referenced above by Pudzey101 is probably what you're looking for. Best of luck - whatever it takes to get you through.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

Astrolabe sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately as THC containing products are illegal, discussion of how to procure these isn't permitted on boards, so I have to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement