Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reform Ireland

• 17-03-2017 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I believe this state is in dire need of strong leadership with policies that have positive effect for long term gain for the people rather than short term gain for the politicians.

I am young and ambitious, I feel there is no party out there which represents my views and that has any decent policies. I propose the creation of a new party (I know crazy) to run on a platform which puts the people first with experts in charge!

One of the main areas I feel is in need of reform is taxation! I have come up with my own model for income tax which will bring in a much larger return for revenue whilst also being fair for low, middle and high income earners. By introducing six tax brackets and abolishing the likes of USC and tax credits. My new solution would raise €26 BILLION based on current figures which I received from Revenue itself.

I have of course got more ideas in relation to taxation and other areas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭sameoldname

The government took in ~€67 billion last year total and of that around €19 billion was from income tax. Are you saying you'll increase:

1. Total government revenue by €26 billion to €93 billion?
    2. Income tax by €26 billion to €45 billion?
    3. Income tax to €26 billion full stop?

It's not clear in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PoblachtNua

The government took in ~€67 billion last year total and of that around €19 billion was from income tax. Are you saying you'll increase:

1. Total government revenue by €26 billion to €93 billion?
    2. Income tax by €26 billion to €45 billion?
    3. Income tax to €26 billion full stop?

It's not clear in your post.

Yes (3), I am saying that I would increase the income tax take to €26 billion. This would be an increase of €7 billion on the €19 billion that revenue took in last year. I would do this by completely overhauling the income tax system, which I believe is long overdue.

Apologies if I was not clear on what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

And where does the additional €7bn come from? The people at the top who already pay most of the tax, the bottom where they pay relatively little income tax or the middle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Sounds like I will end up paying more tax. Pass.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

OP is a rereg from a few weeks ago, trying to promote his new political party rather than discussing political issues. So im afraid the answer to where the extra €7bn in taxes will come from will have to wait.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement