Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pontiac Firebird registered MIY 600

• 12-10-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I'm trying to find if a Pontiac Firebird registered MIY 600 that I owned back in the 1980s is still around. I'd be grateful for any leads.

John Larkin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

306066_10151265398978221_1425540778_n.jpg
    75919_10151265399028221_1923827004_n.jpg
    Would this be it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Would this be it?

Doubt it, that one in the pics is 82-D-970?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭John Larkin

It was a 1973 model like the one in the picture here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Ah, I see.

I've just out the reg into carsireland and it yielded no results, so not been on the road for some time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Metallic mid-green or grey :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭John Larkin

Capri wrote: »
    Metallic mid-green or grey :confused:

It was grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

It was grey.

Chap in Strand rd, Baldoyle owned that before/after you but I havn't seen it since he owned it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aidan1976

"Metallic mid-green or grey?"

Hello lads. This line intrigues me, any info on the metallic mid-green car? I own a '71 Pontiac Firebird, was originally this colour (Pontiac called it "Limekist Green"), with green interior. Original specs: 350ci V8, TH350 auto, power steering, manual disk brakes, deluxe steering wheel, no air con.

Cheers, Aidan

Car has no registration plates so am very interested in learning anything about it - history, possible previous owner stories etc. Want to post a pic of what a minter looks like, will post some brochure photos of the car once permissible to do so.

Also have orig. Dublin reg '70 Firebird Formula 400, black (originally dark green, "Verdoro Green"), 7272 IK. Got them as a package.

Any info on these cars from the '70s & '80s periods greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Aidan

Here is a photo of the 1971 Firebird featured in "The 1971 Performance Cars" Pontiac showroom brochure, in either Code 42 "Limekist Green" or Code 43 "Tropical Lime":

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/pontiac/71perf/bilder/13.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Aidan1976 wrote: »
    Car has no registration plates so am very interested in learning anything about it - history, possible previous owner stories etc. Want to post a pic of what a minter looks like, will post some brochure photos of the car once permissible to do so.

Also have orig. Dublin reg '70 Firebird Formula 400, black (originally dark green, "Verdoro Green"), 7272 IK. Got them as a package.

Any info on these cars from the '70s & '80s periods greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Aidan

Hi Aidan.

Here is a photo of 7272IK.
    It was owned at this time by the manager of the service station in Deansgrange. I'm quite sure his surname was Towson.
    He should be easy to track down.
    He later had a white '79 Trans Am 6.6L.

I hope this helps.

Hi Aidan.

Here is a photo of 7272IK.
    It was owned at this time by the manager of the service station in Deansgrange. I'm quite sure his surname was Towson.
    He should be easy to track down.
    He later had a white '79 Trans Am 6.6L.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Kevin mate, helps heaps, will be taking a trip to Deansgrange then! Slowly putting the pieces together regarding the history of this one.

Now, to only obtain some info on the lowly '71 Firebird standard model...If anyone out there can assist, please join in the thread! Or maybe I'll start a new one...

Thanks lads.

Cheers, Aidan

Forgot to mention that the car has the Trans Am front spoiler and wheel flares added to it in that photo, and is re-sprayed black (bet the Trans Am rear spoiler and wheel arch flares were also added).

Cheers, Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Is there any chance that this is your other car?

Is there any chance that this is your other car?

Hey mate, again thanks for the photo. Yes, I remember discussing this car before, but unfortunately it is not that one. That white '71 Firebird had a factory blue interior (looks like it has a vinyl top too...?), and the car I have has no sunroof and details as follows:

- "Limekist Green" (Code 42)
    - "Jade" (green) Standard Interior (Code 206). Triple green car.
    - 350ci 2-Barrel V8, with TH350 auto. Single exhaust.
    - Manual windows, no air-con.
    - 14" Honeycomb wheels (which were introduced in the 1971 model year)

20,047 V8 base model Firebirds built in 1971.

Advertisement