Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Film and Television Portfolio IADT

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tiernan1

Hi, i'm just after getting my leaving cert results and im up to 1005 points total for the film and tv course. I know points are meant to go up this year on most courses, does anyone have any idea how much or how worried I should be? It seems like a long wait for Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jaysuchet

Hey there.
    My name's Eamonn Dillon. I'm hoping to film a short in Dundalk next month - over the course of one day, on a weekend. I'm in need of a camera man - it won't be very onerous work and for anyone who's interested I can forward you on a link with an outline of the short. It's a creative take on the refugee crisis.

Last month I was very lucky that I was able to go inside Apollo House and I made my first short in there. I'm posting a link here, please if you like it don't hesitate to get in touch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdGYNrTadMk

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

anyone have their portfolio assignment this week for film and television production?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aurelia130313

Yeah mine is due tomorrow for IADT.. just finishing it up now

Hope it went well for you today really hard to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ToiletRollMan

Hi everyone. Is there anybody who, after getting the results of their portfolios, is confident of getting in? I'm over 1000 points, so I'd be hopefully that'll do, and I'm wondering if there's anybody who'll be looking at sorting accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AndyJay87

I got 550 on my portfolio. I got offered a place. There's hope for everybody.

Finding somewhere to live is worse than waiting to find out if I got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sullivan0101

Hey guys!
    I am really interested in applying to IADT this year for the film & TV production portfolio course and I was wondering if any of you guys who applied in recent years could give me a few tips on how to present your portfolio, etc!?
    What is the standard like these days for film production portfolios?!
    Any general dos and donts!?
    Should I be putting my short films onto a USB stick directly for it if i have to hand deliver the portfolio!?!
    Any advice would be REALLY appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AndyJay87

Best piece of advice, go to an open day. They have portfolios that you can look through. I had no clue what to do until I went and saw them.

USB is fine, some people had DVD's, they watch it on a laptop so whatever you think works best.

Do: Keep it neat. (no glitter, nothing loose)
    Don't: include sharp objects.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Hey. No DVDs any more - USB sick and online backup. Loads of info here.

Totally agree with AndyJay87, come to an open day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 EmEsse

I'm looking into IADT, currently in Sallynoggin doing Advanced Performing Arts.
    Realised in this 2nd year that I much prefer Directing and TV acting than theatre. I'm 23 so would be considered a mature student.

- I am trying to organise things I already have for a portfolio. I have 6 episodes and a show bible for an animated show I had been working on pitching, was wondering if that would be able to be added to the Portfolio as representation of my creative writing and script work?
    - Also, I have not done directing for any large scale filming - only short skits for youtube (wrote, directed, and starred) as well as cosplay skits. Can they be combined as a form of show reel to display my interest in the medium?
    - I also did some cinematography while shooting a Dublin Comic Con video displaying some of the cosplayers there and my interactions with them. Is that an acceptable form of footage to use or is it too personal?

I am really interested in the course, it seems to be the type of thing I am looking for so would love as much help as I can get.
    Thank you.

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has any idea what points qqi applicants got in on last year or the year before thanks so much

anyone know when portfolio results will be out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 EmEsse

anyone know when portfolio results will be out ?

Got mine this evening.
    350/600 so considering I'm both a mature student and currently studying, I just need distinctions in my modules and I assume I have a chance but it would be very very slim so...

I've worked mostly in stage and theatre so my costumes, production pitch, and scripts were all done in theatre format rather than film format (not a giant difference but clearly enough difference that it actually got brought up in my feedback) so I'll have to work on that. Had I put a bit more film-based than theatre, I may have gotten higher marks. 😕

Hi just wondering if anyone got offered a place this morning ?

Advertisement