Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many players will you field for GW28

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With only 4 games I can't understand why people are taking -8 and -12, a -4 to field 9 should cover this gameweek imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    With only 4 games I can't understand why people are taking -8 and -12, a -4 to field 9 should cover this gameweek imo.

If you want the players your getting in for the next few weeks or you have deadwood to get rid off there is no better time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

If you want the players your getting in for the next few weeks or you have deadwood to get rid off there is no better time to do it.

Yea I'll be ditching Zlatan, Stanislas and Phillips if he's injured and bringing in Mane, Siggurdson/King and llorente who are all in great form. I'll probably captain Mane his home form is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

If phillips plays ill have 11

Jaku

coleman brunt mawson

siggy mane coutinho king phillips

lukaku(c) carroll

2 transfers -4

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gone for 10 players

Heaton/Randolph
    Ollson - McAuley - Coleman
    Mane - Siggy - Brady - Fletcher
    Lukaku - Barnes

Its a pretty good team IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rikand wrote: »
    Gone for 10 players

Heaton/Randolph
    Ollson - pieters - Coleman
    Mane - Siggy - Brady - Fletcher
    Lukaku - Barnes

Its a pretty good team IMO

Pieters has a blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

8 (9 if Holgate starts). 4 points hit taken, will leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Pieters has a blank.

Ty

That's mcauley , not pieters .

Edited now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Will have 11 plus the luxury of 2 subs (!)...no hits but I've obviously lost a gazillion points overplanning for GW 27 & 28 :-(

I could do with a monster score to put some smidgen of respectability on this car crash of a season but probably not a week for big scores either way.....

Heaton

Brunt Coleman Smith

Grosicki Antonio Mané Siggy Barkley

Lukaku Carroll

Subs: Foster Amat Azpi Aguerooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jaku or Foster

Coleman/Baines/Robertson

Antonio/Siggy/Firmino/Phillips

Carroll/Lukaku/Llorente

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Heaton
    Baines Coleman
    Mane Siggy Carroll Firmino
    Lukakau

-4 taken and not keen on another but maybe I will bow to getting a defender in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

On a -4 atm with 7 players. Is it worth taking a -8 to get rid of Philips and field a total of 8 players

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

On a -4 atm with 7 players. Is it worth taking a -8 to get rid of Philips and field a total of 8 players

WBA have tough fixtures coming up so you'll probably need to sell him at some stage anyway, if there is a player who has a game this weekend and who you want to play for the following gw (at least), then it's worth doing it.

If you plan on bringing in someone for Philips and then selling that player the following gw, then I wouldn't bother doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

8, 1 keeper, 1 def, 5 mid, 1 forward.
    5 mid depends on phillips playing

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

10 now assuming Phillips is starting. Took a -8 but happy with it. As a few have said this is the week to lose the deadwood.

Foster
    Coleman, Lovren, Fernandez
    Mane, Firmino, Phillips, Siggy
    Loriente, Lukaku

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Phillips is ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Any point in wildcarding?

Have 7 players after using FT

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rackstar wrote: »
    Any point in wildcarding?

Have 7 players after using FT
    No it's a bad idea. This isn't an obvious candidate to be a high scoring week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

A minus 4 really isn't worth it.

If you pick a striker who scores it's still only 5 points....profit of 1...chances of not scoring are higher than scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If you pick a striker who scores it's still only 5 points....profit of 1...chances of not scoring are higher than scoring.
    Which is why you need to play it tactically and only make transfers that you should make a profit on in the weeks to come also. Which is doable making a couple of transfers, but probably won't stretch as far as teams who only have 5 or 6 players playing this week because you'll have to cast the net out a bit further than the waters where the tastiest fish swim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Stupid stupid Phillips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

CSF wrote: »
    you'll have to cast the net out a bit further than the waters where the tastiest fish swim.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

danganabu wrote: »
    When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. :D

Brighton haven't been promoted yet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Phillips was my worst signing this season

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

PVA wrote: »
    Phillips was my worst signing this season

Best username ever :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Yeah the lads on the team said I'm a bit of a God around here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

If you are transferring out a player who won't play for a player you want for at least 2 to 3 weeks hits are totally worth it. Worst case scenario barring yellow or red card is it's a 2 point hit with a strong chance if gaining more than 2 points in the incoming weeks.

Philips out for a hit is a no brainier IMO with the likes of Lanzini/Snoddy/Grosicki/Siggy depending on who you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

tailgunner wrote: »
    Took a -4 to bring me up to 9, assuming Heaton plays.

There seem to be some doubts about Firmino this weekend, so if he doesn't play I'll only have 8 players. That's still okay I think, but I'll only have three attackers in that scenario...

Worth taking a -8 to get Llorente in for Aguero? Swansea have a decent fixture the following week, and I'd probably be in a position to bank a transfer to sort the team out for GW30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

This week there aren't many good players playing tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This week there aren't many good players playing tho

Might bring Tom Carroll in for Phillips just as a bit of tidy up and give me more money for the next week

Advertisement