Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Football Team is Recruiting

• 07-03-2017 2:40pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, the Boards Astro Football Team is recruiting for the upcoming season (mid-April).

We're looking for players in all positions (11-a-side), in general the standard is pretty decent and we've placed pretty high consistently over the last few years.

costs will be approx €120 per man for 18 games.
    Games will be played in South Dublin (mostly in Dundrum)

Games will most likely be Tuesday

If you're interested pop your name/position(s) below.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Hey, I'd be interest in playing.

Name is Stephen, can play as a winger on either side or no.10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Lb RB LW.

What day do yeah play?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lb RB LW.

What day do yeah play?

Games will most likely be tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Would be very interested.

Can play LB, RB or anywhere across the midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Would be interested, play CM or forward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers lads, we'll be organising friendlies in the coming weeks so will drop you a PM once they are confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

I'll give it a bash. I can play anywhere, (I'm that good)! 😠Steve is my name. Cheers.

Cheers lads thanks for posting and those who've PM'd. Will be in touch over the next week or 2 with friendly details

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Socrates

I'm interested in joining as well if you are still recruiting. Recently moved to Milltown and have been looking to play some ball. Another Stephen here, play left or right wing.

Will there be training or just games once a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Would be interested too, normally play as a left back.

• Advertisement

Socrates wrote: »
    I'm interested in joining as well if you are still recruiting. Recently moved to Milltown and have been looking to play some ball. Another Stephen here, play left or right wing.

Will there be training or just games once a week?

Just games, once a week
    Would be interested too, normally play as a left back.

will be in touch lads

How many players is there now? Must be a good few at this stage

How many players is there now? Must be a good few at this stage

We've i think around 8 returning from last year and then people on this thread + a few others.

Just chatting with the manager, so the first friendly is mos t likely going to be monday/tuesday week just waiting on Astro to confirm pitch availability

We've i think around 8 returning from last year and then people on this thread + a few others.

Just chatting with the manager, so the first friendly is mos t likely going to be monday/tuesday week just waiting on Astro to confirm pitch availability

Does anyone drive from the swords/north Dublin area? Willing to throw a few quid if there was any lifts going

Does anyone drive from the swords/north Dublin area? Willing to throw a few quid if there was any lifts going

Will ask and let you now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads,

the game is going ahead tomorrow night at 9pm, meeting there at 8.45 (boards are playing against my team).

keith is away so ill be helping out with getting both teams set up, ill send ye all a PM tomorrow just to confirm everything.

keith has already PMd all of you so no need for me to do it,

Damo will manage the team tonight, make the changes etc and ill be around about 8.40 to set things up.

dont forget €6 for the ref and pitch please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

You'll need your own shorts, socks, boots* and shin guards**. We'll have jerseys.
    *Astro boots or mouldies.
    **It's a friendly so not strictly required.

Fair play to all who came up. Every one of ye did very well i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Cheers for the game lads.

I owe 6 quid for the ref so if someone wants to PM details of who I owe and how I can get them the money, I'll fix that up.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the game lads.

I owe 6 quid for the ref so if someone wants to PM details of who I owe and how I can get them the money, I'll fix that up.

There'll be another game next week I think, just bring it then.

ya i will try get another game for next week , either monday or tuesday

well done to the new lads who turned up last night, everybody played really really well and there seems to be a great squad building considering that some of the team, played against also!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Are you still looking for players?
    Need a goalkeeper?

hey lads,

couldnt get a friendly for this week as all the normal oppositions either had no teams or were already playing (there was league fixtures and cup competitions this week)

the league is due to start either next tuesday or the tuesday after. will let you know asap.

i think keith has already been in touch with you all, but game tomorrow night (tuesday) at 9.

hope to see all of you there! PM me your numbers, if you havent already given them to keith and ill let you know the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

How are yous for players lads? Moving to Dublin next week looking for a team, played against use last year.

Can play cm or up top

SeanHarty wrote: »
    How are yous for players lads? Moving to Dublin next week looking for a team, played against use last year.

Can play cm or up top

Have a game tomorrow @ 9pm if you're about?

Have a game tomorrow @ 9pm if you're about?

Yeah I'm around tonight where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Yeah I'm around tonight where?

Colmcilles school in knocklyon

• Advertisement

Colmcilles school in knocklyon

Perfect I'll be there

Advertisement