Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Show us your sheds

• 08-03-2017 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Given the day that's in it I thought it might be an idea to celebrate the humble man cave, that little oasis of oil and dust in all our lives.

I can't find any previous threads on the topic and I'm sure like most on here I have a fascination with workshops/garages/storage as well as he cars that live in them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Here's my own attempt. Only really getting it finished now. Still have the "landscaping" to do and a few bits of trim but I'm happy enough so far. Plenty of space to work in and loads of storage should I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Nice,and loads of room too.Am very jealous.

This is the reason for my jealousy as i haven't any room

[IMG][/img]JPbuudn.jpg

Also great idea for a thread op,Iknow there is a feedback thread at the moment and threads like this should liven the forum up a bit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This is the reason for my jealousy as i haven't any room.
    You have room for a CAR! My shed fits a bike and my tools. :pac:

Dades wrote: »
    You have room for a CAR! My shed fits a bike and my tools. :pac:

Fair enough but it's like a game of jenga if I move anything around the sides-everything could go tumbling down!
    Ah well only anther sixteen or so years till all the kids are grown up and out of the house and I can get rid of all their crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Once when I was a kid we parked 3 tractors and a beet harvester in the shed, this weekend I found myself complaining that I didn't have enough room to work on the lawnmower.

The amount of crap in your shed is always just slightly more than the available space

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭w124man

This is my newer shed during its construction

IMG_0285.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

This is the reason for my jealousy as i haven't any room...
    You've loads of room - you're just utilising it very poorly by having everything on the floor. If that was my shed, I'd have shelving up to the roof and would also be suspending stuff from the roof.

You've loads of room - you're just utilising it very poorly by having everything on the floor. If that was my shed, I'd have shelving up to the roof and would also be suspending stuff from the roof.

Can't be seen in the photo but I have shelves on the right hand side to the ceiling and they are all full.
    The is also a giant desk in the back left corner where I sometimes work from when I'm stressed and need to smoke. Even though the desk is huge I've got about 2 foot x2 foot free to work off.
    There is still boxes of books and other stuff still packed away from when we moved here three years ago.
    I will admit though that a good clean out would help matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Seething

With

Jealousy

Well done lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Don't own any classic cars but this is where I work on the cars I fiddle with.

I love it.

nSa3A5w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aidan1976

Sorry, quick query lads, method to install photo in the body of the message (per the above posts) rather than merely as an attachment? New to this!

Cheers, Aidan

Hi aidan, i think you need a minimum of 25 posts before you can post pictures.

So, tell us a bit about yerself, that should get the post count up

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Hi aidan, i think you need a minimum of 25 posts before you can post pictures.

So, tell us a bit about yerself, that should get the post count up

Thanks for replying mate, yes I note the notice section says: "In an effort to combat spammers and nuisance posters, some features (posting images, links, attachments) have been disabled for users with less than 5 posts. Signatures are disabled for users with less than 50 posts."

So the 25 posts are required in order to post a photo in the body of the text, rather than as an attachment. Ok will get those posts up!

Myself? Am primarily an American car enthusiast, from Dublin, and badly need to get the shed cleaned first before I take a pic, I am tripping over too many parts at the moment! Am jealous of folks who have tidy organised storage and workspaces, great to see photos, gives me something to work to!

Cheers, Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭911s

nd wrote: »
    Don't own any classic cars but this is where I work on the cars I fiddle with.

I love it.

nSa3A5w.jpg

Nice to see what looks like a welder sharing space with bales of dry straw😀

Ahh, safety schmafety, no one has burned down a shed in Days.

American cars eh, what have ye? Whats on your wishlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

Aidan1976 wrote: »
    Sorry, quick query lads, method to install photo in the body of the message (per the above posts) rather than merely as an attachment? New to this!

Cheers, Aidan
    Hi, you can 'test' out posts/pics in this section, also helps to get your post count up..........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=361

Ta mate will check that out!

Half decent cars are my '69 Chevrolet Impala Custom Coupe (white) and green '71 Chevy Nova (Irish reg car). The Nova belonged to an older friend from Mountmellick in Laois who passed from Cancer (RIP Dinny). Intention is to eventually bring it back to it's former glory. Won't be quick by any means but she's a keeper. Also have an Irish reg '70 Firebird Formula 400 (originally dark green with black vinyl top, "Verdoro Green", which was typically a GTO colour), supposedly sold new from Reg Armstrong Motors in Ringsend. Have the Pontiac Historical Society (PHS docs for it, states was sold overseas when new. And a base model metallic green '71 Firebird that I got with it (same factory colour as the Nova) - actually, am trying hard to find the reg of this one as I believe it is Irish reg too, part of my search included some posts on this thread (can Motor Tax search their records by VIN I wonder, not just reg.....?):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102925333#post102925333

While I'm here, can anyone help with history in relation to these cars? Little help lol??

And loads of bits from cars that were broken up, tooooo many parts ha ha! I'm sure many are in the same boat, it's like a sickness, but a good one I hope!

Cheers, Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

That's a nice collection.. I remember Reg Armstrong had a green Firebird, I'm not sure if it was that he was driving when had his fatal accident in '79..

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    That's a nice collection.. I remember Reg Armstrong had a green Firebird, I'm not sure if it was that he was driving when had his fatal accident in '79..

Hey mate, thanks for replying. You are the only person to date (that I know of that is) who has confirmed this, so thank you very much. I have photos of how both cars would have looked when new, would you remember which one he had by any chance:

• Advertisement

Aidan1976 wrote: »
    Hey mate, thanks for replying. You are the only person to date (that I know of that is) who has confirmed this, so thank you very much. I have photos of how both cars would have looked when new, would you remember which one he had by any chance:

Just to say it was a long time ago so the memory is a little hazy :) I had a Mustang and a Falcon at the time and really envied him the Firebird.. It was the colour of the '70 with what I would call the GTO front, I'm not recalling the hood scoops or the vinyl roof though but the overall impression is right.
    I will be seeing someone tomorrow who used to work for him so will see if he can throw any light on the subject, and apologies for derailing the thread but I couldn't let Aiden's post pass without comment!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'll get mine up soon. Double entranced garage in Dublin 6, so a 15 minute drive. Power water and WiFi! I can drive any of the cars in and straight out!

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    Just to say it was a long time ago so the memory is a little hazy :) I had a Mustang and a Falcon at the time and really envied him the Firebird.. It was the colour of the '70 with what I would call the GTO front, I'm not recalling the hood scoops or the vinyl roof though but the overall impression is right.
    I will be seeing someone tomorrow who used to work for him so will see if he can throw any light on the subject, and apologies for derailing the thread but I couldn't let Aiden's post pass without comment!

Thanks so much mate, excellent stuff! Yes, any info is much appreciated, will send PM to you (and yes, didn't mean to derail the thread either or anything, am just desperate for info!).

Ok, will into tidying this bloody shed and posting a pic lol!

Cheers, Aidan

PM sent..

Advertisement