Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLS Fantasy Football 2017

• 03-03-2017 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    The new MLS Fantasy football season starts this weekend http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/, a bit of fun to get you through the FPL-free summer, unlimited free transfers and the first week doesn't count.
    I did this last year and enjoyed it especially on the odd late weekend night after a few pints.
    Join up! Join up!

I have created a new league starts week 2
    Classic
    League name Boards.ie code 5383-3532
    Head to head
    League name Boards.ie code 5383-3534

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm in, to defend what I think I remember being my H2H crown, OneColdHand are you ready to go again? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

CSF wrote: »
    I'm in, to defend what I think I remember being my H2H crown, OneColdHand are you ready to go again? :)

Yes, my merry band of random punts is ready to go for this week.!

I'll make sure to enter the H2H this year!

Buuump it's like 2 hours to deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭redarmy

in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Passin thru

In...should be fun this year..

• Advertisement

Captained Valeri this week although it hurt not to go with Giovinco. Have gone with 4 at the back to enable me to fit in a Kljestjan, Valeri, Molino, Giovinco, Adi, Larin front 6.

Number 7 in the world. If only they weren't doing this ridiculous thing where they reset the scores after week 1.

Number 7 in the world. If only they weren't doing this ridiculous thing where they reset the scores after week 1.

Wow, well done.

Yeah I think I was sort of hoping I wouldn't do great in week 1! It is pretty ridiculous as you say.

As I'm typing this, I just noticed Gio missed a peno.

Scored one for you now at least.

I don't have him! I was thinking of your team!

• Advertisement

And now I realise you mean Giovinco and not Dos Santos.

Sorry, wasn't very clear.

So where are you after last night's games?

Down to about 500th, but I've 3 to play tonight so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm 39th in the world 100 points with 3 still to play , gutted and delighted at the same time.

patmac wrote: »
    I'm 39th in the world 100 points with 3 still to play , gutted and delighted at the same time.
    Unreal. I know it means nothing for the end of season score, but there has to be at least some chance you could win the prize for winning the opening day challenge.

Just had a quick look, and the top 3 are on 116, 112, and 111, but they have (by my calculations), no players left. Not sure who you have left to go, but you could easily pass those 3 out. The question is how many between you and them, have 3 or more players.

Good luck!

Think I'm flecked as Kaka seems to only have lasted only 10 minutes . Of to bed will check in the morning.

Ended up 31st as high as I have ever been, the first time I have got of to a good start in any FF League and all scores are reset!

patmac wrote: »
    Ended up 31st as high as I have ever been, the first time I have got of to a good start in any FF League and all scores are reset!

Have to say, I think the opening weekend challenge is a bit silly. I had a pretty good week (finished approx 1500, 30 points above the average) and I'm annoyed as it won't count for anything. I can only imagine how you, and CSF (who presumably also finished well inside the top 1000), feel.

99 points for me. Bit frustrating, but at least I knew from the start what I was in for. I'd imagine there are some only finding out this morning.

• Advertisement

99 points for me. Bit frustrating, but at least I knew from the start what I was in for. I'd imagine there are some only finding out this morning.
    Yeah I'm not that annoyed just a bit disappointed. In hindsight I suppose if you had a nightmare you would be happy to have it reset so it's rewarding mediocrity at best, apart from the one guy who finished first!

Think I'm going with 4-3-3 this week.

Defence is all pretty budget, allowing 6 pretty big hitters up front.

When I look at midfielders for 6.5/7.0/7.5, then don't seem to be any better value than the defenders in the 5.0 range. It's either a 4-3-3 with a 10.0m with a 5.0m defender, or 2 x 7.5m midfielders.

Edit:
    This unlimited transfers situations is taking up a lot of time! I need to find a more stream lined way of doing this!

Not too late for new people to get in on this seeing as the scoring starts tonight. Deadline of 7 PM for GW2 (which is really GW1). Unlimited transfers so spending my afternoon with the City game on the couch starting a new save in Football Manager, in anticipation of the 2 PM FPL deadline, while working on my MLS team for this week.

This is the life.

Captain Nikolic starts the real fantasy season with a bang.

Villa (C) :)

Yeah I was thinking. I'm on 90 at the moment with 3 players playing in this Minnesota Atlanta game so a few more points could bring me into triple figures. Very nice start.

Wildcard activated. :D

KevIRL would love this game. :D

Some start 31st last week 7.5k this week with captain Dos Santos scoring 1 point after being injured after 15 minutes. Not sure if this game is going to suit me this year.

Bizarre DGW this week. Round of fixtures this weekend, then the Friday games from the following weekend have been wrapped into this week as a DGW.

That would be fine, except it'll only give a few hours on the Saturday after this GW finishes (ie, on the 15th) to pick your team!

Anyway, all part of the madness of Fantasy MLS.

Edit: Scratch that, seems to be fixed now...

• Advertisement

Kevin Doyle cost me 15 points an H2H match!

There's a sentence I never thought I'd say!

Advertisement