Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

• 02-01-2017 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Thought maybe a good place to post for the upcoming NRL season.

This is the Warriors year!

(more likely play like origin one week and pub team the next)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Replying to this post from the 2016 thread
    Pablo escobarba just got a one year contract with the sharps , even though he will miss the next 4 months..... cannot literally wait for the season to start

Not sure I'd have risked signing Barba again, good player but he's a bit of a Charlie. (;))

Awesome nicknames you've given him though brandnewaward!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

hahaha , if anyone is interested , theres a page on FB called NRL Sledging , Verbal Warfare. Its not for the faint hearted and the insults come hard and fast but its the whole point of the page , but Its seriously good fun plus they have live threads of the games if you cant get to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ben Barba gone to Toulon!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Ben Barba gone to Toulon!

I'd forgive him more for drug offenses than switching to Kick n Clap.

its bizarre .... reckon the NRL was sitting on thence about registering his contract
    whos pumped for the 9's?????????

• Advertisement

its bizarre .... reckon the NRL was sitting on thence about registering his contract
    whos pumped for the 9's?????????

Home field advantage, Warriors a shoo-in. Or not. Should be good though.

talks of the comp going to melbourne next year or 2019.....

talks of the comp going to melbourne next year or 2019.....

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised really, money talks. It's a something and nothing tournament anyway, enjoyable watch, but people who reckon it's the future of the sport, comparing it to T20 in cricket are talking out of an orifice that isn't their mouth.

cant wait for the weekend now , Funny feeling Canberra might take it on sunday.

I saw some highlights of the quarter-finals. What an embarrassment for Broncos going out because Kahu failed to beat the shot clock with his kick at the end. Feel sorry for anyone who had a bet on them.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Pretty poor crowds for the Nines this year, think that's another nail in the coffin for keeping it in Auckland. Don't know why they can't just have it in different place each year, maybe some of non heartland venues that only get the occasional travelling NRL game.

9 days.........
    was great to be at the charity shield on Sunday. Farah and Cook are going to be unstoppable this season. Souths will be in the top 4 , you heard it here first.

9 days.........
    was great to be at the charity shield on Sunday. Farah and Cook are going to be unstoppable this season. Souths will be in the top 4 , you heard it here first.

Who plays in the charity shield? Ah, Google tells me it's always Dragons and Souths.

god king Reynolds out for a month with appendicitis......FML

god king Reynolds out for a month with appendicitis......FML

Three weeks tops is my guess.

as long as he's back for round 4 vs the Bondi latte sippers.....there's a lot riding on that game for me haha

Not long to go now. :cool:

Good win for the Broncos. I thought the momentum was looking to be with the Sharks but Milford turned it around.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Ray Warren back on commentary. I was sure he had retired last season.

Good win for the Broncos. I thought the momentum was looking to be with the Sharks but Milford turned it around.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Ray Warren back on commentary. I was sure he had retired last season.

Sharks might struggle a bit this year, don't see them threatening top 4 this season. (bookmark this for when they walk it to the final!)

Feisty game this morning so far, bulldogs asleep for the first 10 minutes, made a half of it after that. Looking forward to the second half, both teams have six minutes to negotiate with 12 men.

• Advertisement

Grim conditions for the second half

Great defence by Storm but god the Bulldogs run out of ideas when they get near the try line. And their kicking stinks.

Tigers handed out a drubbing to the Rabbits and Greg Inglis looks miles away from fit with that knee.

I caught the highlights. There was a great hit from Slammin Sam. Inglis should have been taken off with that leg.

I caught the highlights. There was a great hit from Slammin Sam. Inglis should have been taken off with that leg.

I couldn't really see the point in keeping him on either.

This Cowboys Raiders game is a cracker.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That finish was incredible!!

Beasty wrote: »
    That finish was incredible!!

I'm unamused, got as far as the Raiders "forward" pass then my signal went, all the other channels work fine apart from eir sports which is flipping annoying! Saw the finish on Twitter though, unusual way to win. Canberra played on the edge but thought they got a few bad calls today (apart from your man getting away with a punch)

Edit: and now it's back, think it's mocking me. Ah well, time for Titans and Roosters.

Roosters starting like a train.

Wow, Roosters look very good, and Titans, very, very ordinary. 20 nil up with kick to come heading toward half-time.

Edit: kicked it, 22 nil, 36 minutes on the clock.

Edit 2: 28 nil at half-time, Titans need to try and win 2nd half for bit of pride, dismal defence so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Roosters first half was brilliant . Cowboys Golden point win was incredible, I have never seen anything like that before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement